“Awful”

Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Owner Tom Sheridan and his team are dedicated to providing a modern approach to hospitality in Galway. Our food is unique, hearty and sourced locally. It is produced by the legendary Michelin Star trained chef Jess Murphy. Food is served 7 days a week from 6pm. Please ring for a reservation.
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Where to begin? The place is cold, dirty and dreary. The floor was filthy and the bathrooms left a lot to be desired. The food was mediocre not a great variety on the menu either. I didn't get steak but others at my table did and said it was chewy, fatty and badly cooked. Not good enough especially when you are paying extra. I got a "burger" which arrived on a piece of slate (I'm not joking!) and was a slice of ciabata bread with a bit of mayonnaise and wilted lettuce and what I can only describe as a ball of minced beef. This was accompanied by 4 chips. 4! It was the most tasteless thing I ever got served in my life. The staff were terrible, badly dressed, you don't wear a string top when serving food at a restaurant! Another guy looked like he had stepped out of an indie band. Service was terrible, there were still three people at our table waiting for their dishes while the same staff were gone off serving other tables. My dessert arrived out without the cream as described on the menu and when I brought it to the waitresses attention she informed me she didn't think so and went to get a menu to check. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? To serve a stale piece of apple shortcake with no cream or ice cream is not on and it was stale. My mother ordered a "sundae" which arrived as three scoops of ice cream in a bowl. You wouldn't serve it to a child. Awful place avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Never been before..got a text from a friend to say to bring cash as was cash only. The machine was broken or was just plugged out of the wall? Just quieter than expexted given the bank holiday weekend. So there was four girls together and we shared 2 starters which were excellent and the salads which came with starters wre outstanding. However when we asked for the wine list. ...We wre shocked. There was only a choice of 3 red wines. 2 fruity wines and a merlot which was a good wine. Remember 4 girls and 2 bottles later,the well ws dry, they had no more.WHat really shocked me that was that the owner told us that he did not even like the house wine and would not drink it himself. Would you purchase after that revelation?? Needless to say food was good, service was pleasant but if you want to survive, rethink

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Easily the worst dining experience I've had in Galway since moving there two years ago. You're eating in a large room that isn't much different from a warehouse. It is very cold after a while, I had to put my coat back on. I ordered fish and chips, there was a very small amount of fish that tasted nice but lacked quantity, I had squid as a starter that again was nice but just too small for the cost. You only get two large chips, yes two chips that are about the size three normal chips, so you could say that you get six chips. This may be some sort of a la carte take on fish and chips but really its taking the p**s. I noticed the people who ordered stake next to us got much more. The brownie was dry and the final nail in the coffin was a cold espresso that was the size of a small coffee. The staff were nice and the service was good, the wine is excellent and well priced but the food and room temperature is awful. We ended up going for a pizza slice an hour later to fill the hunger gap.

1  Thank TogAnRaolSan
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were looking forward to visiting this restaurant for some time since a friend suggested it. How ever we were bitterly disappointed, firstly we had to knock on the door at 6pm to get them to open up even though the sign said open from 5. Staff seemed illprepared and disinterested. We waited 40 mins for a steak and a piece of hake (there were only 6 diners at the time) and after a further 20mins we were asked to vacate our table as it had been booked again.No time for dessert or coffee. The place was cold, naked and in terrible need of a lick of paint. Food was tasty but overall very disappointing and not up to Galway standards.

4  Thank tmj0864
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The place is at the border of the city center, the atmosphere is "minimarket" but we eat very good fish at a really convinient price! Also the wine is quite good and is not so expensive!