“Love this spot”

The Townhouse Bar
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Townhouse Bar offers over 100 craft and world beers, including a large range of Irish Craft beers. Gastro pub food and small bites are served daily, our menu is supporting local Suppliers and fresh home grown Irish Produce offering up celiac and vegetarian options. Our resident band Four Men and a Bass play every Thursday night from 9pm and we host Sunday Americana Sessions from 4pm. Upstairs at the Townhouse is a music venue dedicated to original live music and hosts an array of live music and arts entertainment, listings and tickets are available from our website and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming events.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Brilliant place to stop in for some tea during the day, nice atmosphere, good music, cool decor (couches are a plus), lovely craft beers and they generally have very good gigs! Saw the undertones here.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

The strangest experience of pub I have had to date... We walked in to what looked like a restuarant only designed for hen parties - there were 5 in at the one time eating so we procceed to reception area where another two were seated and awaiting two 30th and an engagement party. My mate ordered two cocktails and we were in our casuals - soooo out of place with the beautiful people yet we were made feel very welcome by staff and it was a lovely quirkey athmoshere... we had another drink so I went to the 'resturant' which had by then transformed itself into a madly busy bar.... cocktails and L plates everywhere and a few brave men thrown in for good luck! I would go back but I would be more prepared!!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner and I have found ourselves nipping into The Townhouse for Yumtree's cooking a number of times over the past few weeks. No matter what extent of an appetite we had, there was plenty of choice to nibble on,and fill us up. We had the mussels, the feta dip with chorizo, and the mackerel pate with its perfect compliment of pickled red cabbage and caperberries. These were all faultless and happily washed down with some dark brown ale - yum! Ideal place to bring a crowd, share food, and be merry.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went for lunch here recently and was delighted with the new menu. I had the 3 bean chilli with added chorizo, the tastiest chorizo i've had! Even without the meat it makes an amazing vegetarian dish. My girlfriend had the chargrilled pork burger which was juicy and delicious. Gorgeous side dishes accompanied our food. I'll definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Absolutely loved the goats cheese pie. Excellent and refreshing take on pub grub! Quality, healthy, colourful, creative, reasonable prices. Great choice of craft beers. I'll be back!