“Off the beaten path”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Sugar Land, Texas
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Value meal was my choice and I was very glad I did. My mussels were great (not quite as good as Bushmills) salad and spring roll for 15 Euro. David and Matt had monkfish which they both raved about, Marettes fish and chips were over the top, Service was wonderful.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Being from Galway, myself and my partner have eaten here on many occasions over the years and we did so again very recently. To start, the decor has been greatly improved and it was certainly needed and is very tasteful now. For starters I had fresh Oysters which were very nice and my partner had the ribs which were gorgeous. For main we both had the fish and chips - the fish was haddock, huge portions and extremely tasty. We had wine and grand mariner for afters and tried the trio of creme brûlée, very nice! This place can be a bit pricey but with the great value fish and chips for main it was well under €100 for two people and a fair few glasses of wine. The staff were very attentive. I will return. The only think I would fault was I asked for a scoop of ice cream with our dessert and I was charged for it ... left a bit of a sour taste and they shouldn't do things like that ...

London, England, United Kingdom
“Very Fresh Good Food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We tried this restaurant on a Wednesday night after reading its reviews. Its quite a small restaurant and it was quite busy but they found us a table. We tried mains from their specials board which were great. We overheard the waiter say to the table next to us later on in the evening, they had run out of the choices that we had picked so i was happy we had got in there earlier as they were delicious. Some of the seasoning they had used were kind of fusion style which i liked. We had just arrived in Galway from Clifden in Connemara, where we had eaten in Mitchell's and this was a lot better standard. They have quite a small wine list, but the wine that we had chosen complimented the meal well. I would definitely go back if i was visiting the area again.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful fresh fish”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

True, you really do need a reservation, but it's worth planning for because the food is delicious and the service is spot on. I lived in Galway for a while and met up with two friends on a return visit; they let me select the restaurant and I chose Oscar's. I had to-die-for oysters and a beautifully-done lemon sole. They were equally pleased. Lovely place. Next time I'm in Galway, it will be my first choice.

Lisbon, Portugal
“A small piece of Food heaven in Galway”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Oscar's due to a Great review we saw in trip and it was totally worth it. We arrived before the throng and sat at a quiet table. We were also quite lucky as we ordered the last 2 lobsters of the Day and they were exquisite. But before the lobsters arrived we decided to bet on the Seafood platter which was also delicious. To finish this fabulous meal we chose for dessert the praline and hazelnut parfait. A small unmissable piece of heaven in Galway

Visited June 2014