“Feeling Spoiled”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had read wonderful reviews of Oscar's, and I was not disappointed. My two brothers and I had a wonderful dining experience here. The restaurant has kind of a funky, warm feeling with tables and chairs that make you feel like you are dining in someone's comfortable home. The server was knowledgeable and humorous, and she willingly joined in our banter. I had simply delicious salmon. My brothers raved about their scallops and mussels. With wine, drinks and tip, we each paid about 50 Euros, which was well worth the price. I hope I can return to Galway again, if only to dine at Oscar's.

There are newer reviews for Oscar's Seafood Bistro

Reviewed 27 August 2014

As we were arriving in Galway on the Saturday, I had booked the night before. Just as well, as they were packed and turning people away, especially as it seems they stop serving at 9.30.

We had chosen this place because we wanted something a bit more classy as it would be our only evening in Galway. My friends had the oysters and lobster and loved their food.
I had one of the the specials, the swordfish, which as well as being delicious was beautifully presented. The dessert, a hazlenut praline with caramelised banana was heavenly.

The quality of the service matched the food.

I think the prices are fair, considering the quality of the food and would highly recommend a meal here, especially for a special occasion or romantic meal.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Happened to stumble across Oscars while looking for a place to eat one day, you really wouldn't notice it was there unless you're looking for it. Having eaten there, it's probably one of Galway's best kept secrets in that regard. Specials are quite literally what was caught on the day, written up on small chalk boards, and when they're gone they get crossed off. You can't get fresher seafood than that. The quality of the dishes and the presentation is way above other seafood places in Galway and Ireland.

You will need to book because it's always busy.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is the best eatery in Galway city. It is the highlight of our trip to the west great staff wonderfull sea food and the desserts hmmmm see you next time

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Thanks to Tripadvisor we found this great seafood restaurant.
Staff were great, they liked their jobs and it showed in their ngenuiness to provide good service. I had fish cakes which are probably the best I've had, fantastic! We had all had Black Sole (Dover Sole to the English) which was excellent, only problem we couldn't get in the next night so book early!

1  Thank raikesend