“Quaint atmosphere with excellent food”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #13 of 509 Restaurants in Galway
Price range: US$12 - US$62
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We're so glad we took a local recommendation and ate at Oscar's. The atmosphere is very quaint, the servers are lovely and attentive, and the food was excellent. My husband loved the seafood, and the vegetarian dinner I ordered, a spinach and ricotta ravioli, was amazing. Would recommend making a reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Oscars Seafood Bistro was recommended by my hotel when I asked for a suggestion for my birthday dinner in Galway. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious, service friendly, prompt, and efficient, with a fun and lively atmosphere. I had cooked oysters and they were very good, although I think I still prefer them raw!

2  Thank _eiffeltrav
Reviewed 10 May 2018

The dinner we had here was the best dinner of our Ireland trip. Every single dish we ordered was fantastic. The steamed oysters were delicious!!! Although we enjoyed O'Grady's on the Pier the following night, that experience did not come close to Oscars. This was a WOW dining experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Different seafood entrees every night. Pleasant service and well paced. Try the creme brulee and any fish dish.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Our last evening started at Oscar's, and it was first class in every sense. Staff service was excellent, helpful but not intrusive. We both set off with fish cakes, filled with fish, smoked salmon and coated in a distinct and tasty shell. M wins were mussels for her ladyship, and Jake for me, both perfect. The Jake was supported with a lovely smoked salsa.....a truly great taste.
A decent kiwi wine, a shared trio of creme brushless, ending a memorable evening.