“A great choice for staying in Galway”
Review of Jurys Inn Galway

Jurys Inn Galway
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Jury's Inn in Galway is a great spot from which to explore. It is located at the end of Quay Street, yards away from the pubs and restaurants. The hotel itself is clean and modern. The rooms are more than adequate for families, groups, or singles. One thing to say, the hotel hosts a lot of party groups, whether it be golf, hen or stag. Given this, the bar is lively and the hotel is busy at all hours. If you're looking for peace and quiet, I would not suggest this area of Galway or the Jury's hotel. Overall, Jury's is a great choice.

Room Tip: Rooms on the River side would be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Galway

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my sisters on out tour of Ireland. They said there were only 2 rooms left & I have to wonder if they use this one as a last resort. TV on table while the bracket to attach to wall must be broken. Toilet paper holder also broken so paper sets on edge of bath. No luggage rack but there was a fan on the dresser. There is a doorstop directly in front of toilet. Wonder how many people stub their toes on that?! The bed was comfy & room clean. Hotel is probably ok just avoid room #G03.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karly49
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Karly49,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. I was sorry to hear that the bedroom provided to you was not to your satisfaction. I apologise for this.

I was glad to hear that the room was clean and comfortable as this is a minimum standard we operate. Unfortunately the room you received was too small for your needs. In future we will be showing the room to guests when we sell this particular room on the day.

I reiterate my apologies and assure you I have not taken your comments lightly. I have taken your feedback very seriously and hope to see you back in the future. If you would like to contact me to discuss the matter further I can arrange a suitable time for yourself to talk in person. I can be contacted at sean.osborne@jurysinns.com.

Best Regards,

Sean Osborne
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent location, clean, bright and comfortable rooms. Recommended for the location alone. Close to all the best bars and restaurants. Ask for a room overlooking the river. Only drawback would be parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shanballa
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We loved our stay at Jury's Inn. Room was clean and bright. Beds were comfortable. Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. Location was perfect: right across the street from the Spanish Arch and at the end of the main street with shops and restaurants. Most of all we loved our river view triple room. Views were lovely and it was nice to open the windows and hear the rushing water. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent one night at Jurys Inn Galway. The hotel is centrally located: everything that inner Galway has to offer is a five-minute walk away. Parking is provided in an adjoining multi-storey car park for a daily rate of €10. The only drawback is that the parking spaces are extremely tight and it is difficult to negotiate your way around. We later discovered some minor damage to our car, which we imagine took place in the congested car park. The room was a good size and in spotless condition. It looked out over the river Corrib. There were three of us: my wife, young daughter and I. The room had a double bed and a single. Although the beds were comfortable, the double was way too small to accommodate my wife and I (I'm 6'3"). There was only one chair in the room and we could have used another for clothes, etc. We had breakfast in one of the many nearby restaurants on Quay Street. However, despite these caveats, we had an enjoyable stay and I would recommend Jurys Galway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We travel here every six weeks and have done so for many years now. Each and every time we have been meeted and greeted with a homely reception, warm, inviting and pleasent. Service is excellent. Rooms are perfect and we always ask for a room overlooking the river! Fantastic hotel. Busy street right on your doorstep. Love Galway and Love jurys ;)

Room Tip: Personally I like the view overlooking the river :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Jurys is nice hotel in the heart of Galway city, close to all amenities.
Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice rooms, Quiet at night. will use it again when visiting Galway.
Fab Breakfast
One Negative Extractor fan not working in bathroom [needs to be replaced]
Noel Gorman

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family