“Average Stay and Central to Galway city. Excess on Parking?”
Review of Jurys Inn Galway

Jurys Inn Galway
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Galway
London, United Kingdom
“Average Stay and Central to Galway city. Excess on Parking?”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here with 2 friends in a room. Cost approx 156 Euros. Did not op for Breakfast so can not comment here. Did not use the bar or faciities here either as was out in the town. All the Bars/resturants/shops are at hand here so no taxis. Eyre Square very little walking.
Hotel is clean and security on door at night to prevent unwelcome callers. Hotel had many rooms here. Fan provided nut no A/C. Felt the hotel was a bit dated but OK as we just needed a room.
Thought the charge of 10 Euros per night parking charge was excessive but car park does not belong to the hotel I am led to understand but I would say a percentage is payed back on commision. Other hotels all round and has parking included. We was aware of this at time of booking bit this was a charge that does not promote good practice.

Room Tip: Explore all that Galway has to offer. Its all close by.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FawltyTowers100
Dear FawltyTowers100,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted you found our location to be ideal for your needs during your stay in Galway and I hope you enjoyed your time in the West.

I am sorry that you felt the rate of €10 for 24 hours of parking was excessive. You are correct, Jurys Inn Galway does not own the adjacent parking facilities however residents of the hotel can avail of a discounted rate to park there overnight. The hotel receives no commission or financial gain for this facility. You will find that the majority of any other hotels in close proximity to the city centre also charge a similar amount for parking.

Thank you again for your honest feedback. I hope to see you return to Jurys Inn Galway in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

You would think the hotel bar at such a corporate establishment would be cold and impersonal but that is not what we found; Luckas and Jonathan at the hotel bar were both resourceful and helpful. They provided much needed directions to local restaurants as well as local color and the pour of a good pint for my husband and a fantastic Cosmo for myself. Cheers to Galway jury's for this entertaining duo

Stayed August 2014
Dear Kerry M,

It is very seldom we get reviews of those who have only used our Food and Beverage facilities and not stayed with us. For this I thank you and appreciate you spending the time to do so. I am delighted to hear that Lukasz and Jonathan took good care of you while you enjoyed your lunch and I will be sure to show them your kind words.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your time here in Galway and I hope to see you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed Jurys Inn Galway in August 2014 with my husband, my sisiter and my neices for 2 nights.There was a fan in our room, but it didn't work at all. (It was quite hot day) We booked 2 rooms but our room were not near enough. We had to contact each other by internal phone call (room to room), but the phone was broken. We couldn't even contact to the reception by phone. So I went to the reception and explained about it. She said that someone will come to my room to check it. But no one came... We phoned to the reception again by mobile phone ( I was bothered to go to the reception again) and we were told the same things. But nothing happened. A couple of hours later I went to the reception again, then finally one of them came to my room and replaced a phone. Furthermore, we didnt get enough towels for both rooms for 2 nights. Even we asked receptionist about towels, they didn't send anyone to give us towels. (3 peples room got only 2 pair of towels, 2 people's room got only 1 hand towel.) The worst thing I found was; when I took a slice of brown bread for my breakfirst, it got mulded. I found a big green muldy spot. So dissapointing! Don't trust them!!! Their service is horrible.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 218Chi
Dear 218Chi,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing Jurys Inn, Galway. Please let me begin by apologising for the issues you encountered during your stay.

I would like to investigate this matter further with you at a time of your own convienience. Please contact me via email ( sean_osborne@jurysinns.com ) with a time that suits and I will be in contact.

Thank you again for your review. I hope that we can discuss this matter soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in great location but need to back this up with better value , and proper accommodation. I had booked twin room for €169 which is on pricy side considering no breakfast was included, but we knew this when booking . But when we arrived out twin room consisted of a double bed and sofa bed ! After paying that price for a bed I would have hoped not to have to assemble it after a night out . We were then told that was all that was available . Would not stay again

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ken M
Dear Ken M,

Thank you for your recent review. I was very disappointed to hear of the issues you faced during your stay regarding the room you were allocated. I apologise for this and would like to discuss the matter further if you wish. If you would like to email me with your telephone number and a time that suits you, I shall call you. I can be contacted on sean_osborne@jurysinns.com.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A good hotel. Excellent location for shops and nightlife. Best Irish Coffee of our whole trip.
Guinness was great as was the Guinness Stew. Our bartender was friendly and the service was fantastic. Within walking distance to several great pubs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SK2Hutch
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We appreciate all feedback but especially enjoy hearing about the guests that leave us feeling satisfied and impressed. We hope to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Paid €40 add-on when making reservation for early check in and late check out. Called day in advance to confirm details with hotel, and was reassured over phone that the add-on I had paid for was secure. Was told not to arrive at 12pm due to early check in due to hotel being busy, so arrived at 1.30pm and was still asked to wait for a room. Door man rude and staff in bar and breakfast buffet abrupt and unfriendly. On day of check out was interrupted by room staff twice between 11-11.30am, and rudely informed by manager at 12.30pm that check out was 12pm. On check out at desk was made to feel like a liar and nuisance, as the add-on I paid for "didn't show on system". Calmly explained situation to manager and receptionist who were dismissive and did not apologise. Service was appalling, food and rooms average, and needed to pay €20 extra for parking, which I did not realise until arrival as I had assumed the hotel would have it's own car park. Felt unwelcome and would definitely not return or ever recommend to others. I have stayed in everything from hostels to B&Bs to 5 star hotels and have never received such unfriendly, appalling service in my life.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Labhaoise N
Dear Labhaoise N,

Thank you for your recent review. I was shocked to hear of the poor experience you had here in Galway and that you felt our levels of customer service fell below your expectations.

I would like to discuss your stay further with you to establish where we came up short and to gain as much information possible so that I can resolve the issues at hand. If you would be so kind as to email me on sean_osborne@jurysinn.com with your contact details I will give you a call.

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival to the hotel, I have to admit I was worried about noise. It was right in the heart of a busy part of Galway, right along the river by the Spanish Arch. The lobby was beautiful and clean and our rooms were spacious and accomodating. The noise level was not a problem at all and we enjoyed our view of the river. It was an unusually warm day, so the room was a bit stuffy, but once we opened the windows and got the desk fan going we were fine. We would stay again if we find ourselves in Galway!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank silenttigress
Dear silenttigress,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in Galway. We appreciate all feedback and especially enjoy positive comments from guests such as your own.