“Worth a visit”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Loved the location of the hotel. Right on the river Corrib. Great for shopping and a visit to the local pubs and restaurants. Food in the dining is excellent and well presented. Very relaxing and friendly

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room which was given and was very quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Gortahork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Loved every minute off our stay in Galway the Jury's has to be one off the best city hotel locations in Galway we had a lovely room with a river view the staff were very helpful and we would highly recomend this hotel to anyone who wants to be near all the shops and restaurants and also all the excellent street acts

• Stayed August 2014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Good location near the heart of Galway. It was within walking distance to many pubs, restaurants and the sea. It takes a good 20 minutes walk from the main bus depot to get to the hotel. I was disappointed though as I found my room lacked privacy. Outside my window I had people sitting eating. There were no venetians or blinds etc. on the windows so I had to keep the curtains continuously pulled. There did not appear to be any window tinting. At night it was noisy at times. The room was clean, modern and had a comfortable bed. It also had a nice bathroom with a great shower.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Goldilocks14
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Goldilocks14,

Please let me begin by thanking you for choosing to stay with Jurys Inn. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. I was happy to read that there were many positive aspects to you stay. I was however disappointed to hear that your room encountered some privacy issues.

I have taken your comments on board but I would like to stress the ground floor rooms do have many features to increase privacy. The lower halves of all of these windows are frosted meaning the room cannot be seen into through our garden. The garden is also on a lower level to the bedrooms, meaning that from the garden, the only view of these rooms is a small area of the ceiling. I completely understand your disappointment and the issues you mentioned were brought up in an internal meeting.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments. We have taken them on board and will use them to improve the hotel. I hope to see you return sometime in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is located right on the edge of the Quay Street, a street filled with restaurants and bars. It is also located right along the water. The rooms were great and very quiet. The staff was also very kind. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Stephanie W,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Ireland and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here with 2 friends in a room. Cost approx 156 Euros. Did not op for Breakfast so can not comment here. Did not use the bar or faciities here either as was out in the town. All the Bars/resturants/shops are at hand here so no taxis. Eyre Square very little walking.
Hotel is clean and security on door at night to prevent unwelcome callers. Hotel had many rooms here. Fan provided nut no A/C. Felt the hotel was a bit dated but OK as we just needed a room.
Thought the charge of 10 Euros per night parking charge was excessive but car park does not belong to the hotel I am led to understand but I would say a percentage is payed back on commision. Other hotels all round and has parking included. We was aware of this at time of booking bit this was a charge that does not promote good practice.

Room Tip: Explore all that Galway has to offer. Its all close by.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank FawltyTowers100
Dear FawltyTowers100,

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted you found our location to be ideal for your needs during your stay in Galway and I hope you enjoyed your time in the West.

I am sorry that you felt the rate of €10 for 24 hours of parking was excessive. You are correct, Jurys Inn Galway does not own the adjacent parking facilities however residents of the hotel can avail of a discounted rate to park there overnight. The hotel receives no commission or financial gain for this facility. You will find that the majority of any other hotels in close proximity to the city centre also charge a similar amount for parking.

Thank you again for your honest feedback. I hope to see you return to Jurys Inn Galway in the near future.

West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

You would think the hotel bar at such a corporate establishment would be cold and impersonal but that is not what we found; Luckas and Jonathan at the hotel bar were both resourceful and helpful. They provided much needed directions to local restaurants as well as local color and the pour of a good pint for my husband and a fantastic Cosmo for myself. Cheers to Galway jury's for this entertaining duo

Stayed August 2014
Dear Kerry M,

It is very seldom we get reviews of those who have only used our Food and Beverage facilities and not stayed with us. For this I thank you and appreciate you spending the time to do so. I am delighted to hear that Lukasz and Jonathan took good care of you while you enjoyed your lunch and I will be sure to show them your kind words.

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your time here in Galway and I hope to see you again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed Jurys Inn Galway in August 2014 with my husband, my sisiter and my neices for 2 nights.There was a fan in our room, but it didn't work at all. (It was quite hot day) We booked 2 rooms but our room were not near enough. We had to contact each other by internal phone call (room to room), but the phone was broken. We couldn't even contact to the reception by phone. So I went to the reception and explained about it. She said that someone will come to my room to check it. But no one came... We phoned to the reception again by mobile phone ( I was bothered to go to the reception again) and we were told the same things. But nothing happened. A couple of hours later I went to the reception again, then finally one of them came to my room and replaced a phone. Furthermore, we didnt get enough towels for both rooms for 2 nights. Even we asked receptionist about towels, they didn't send anyone to give us towels. (3 peples room got only 2 pair of towels, 2 people's room got only 1 hand towel.) The worst thing I found was; when I took a slice of brown bread for my breakfirst, it got mulded. I found a big green muldy spot. So dissapointing! Don't trust them!!! Their service is horrible.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 218Chi
Dear 218Chi,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing Jurys Inn, Galway. Please let me begin by apologising for the issues you encountered during your stay.

I would like to investigate this matter further with you at a time of your own convienience. Please contact me via email ( sean_osborne@jurysinns.com ) with a time that suits and I will be in contact.

Thank you again for your review. I hope that we can discuss this matter soon.