“Nightmare”

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Sydney, Australia
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had by far the worst night in our Ireland trip at this hotel.

The last room on the ground floor should be a broom closet not a hotel room! Drunk people walking outside non stop - except for those who did stop to piss against the wall! And all this for $500 AUD a night...if I could have moved I would have but reception assured me no other rooms and weren't particularly interested anyway.

My mistake for arriving in Galway during race week and finding the only accommodation available was at Jurys Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Travelmore2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and one year old daughter and I recently stayed at the Jury's Inn in Galway for two nights on a trip through Ireland. The hotel cannot be beat for the location, which is right in the heart of Galway's vibrant Quay Street. The hotel was very accommodating and provided a baby cot for our daughter, and even provided an ice bucket to keep our baby's milk cold. Parking isn't included, but there is a lot attached to the hotel that gives you a discount. We parked and didn't move our vehicle for the two nights we were there.

The place was clean and in a great location, and the cost for the breakfast was well worth it. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right on the Main Street! It is lovely and warm.
The staff was great and helpful.
Thank you so much!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2014
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Review,

Many thanks for your recent review. We appreciate all feedback and especially enjoy reading about particularly enjoyable stays. I will ensure to communicate your comments to the Hotel team.

Deputy General Manager
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Loved the location of the hotel. Right on the river Corrib. Great for shopping and a visit to the local pubs and restaurants. Food in the dining is excellent and well presented. Very relaxing and friendly

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room which was given and was very quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Gortahork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Loved every minute off our stay in Galway the Jury's has to be one off the best city hotel locations in Galway we had a lovely room with a river view the staff were very helpful and we would highly recomend this hotel to anyone who wants to be near all the shops and restaurants and also all the excellent street acts

• Stayed August 2014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Good location near the heart of Galway. It was within walking distance to many pubs, restaurants and the sea. It takes a good 20 minutes walk from the main bus depot to get to the hotel. I was disappointed though as I found my room lacked privacy. Outside my window I had people sitting eating. There were no venetians or blinds etc. on the windows so I had to keep the curtains continuously pulled. There did not appear to be any window tinting. At night it was noisy at times. The room was clean, modern and had a comfortable bed. It also had a nice bathroom with a great shower.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Goldilocks14
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Goldilocks14,

Please let me begin by thanking you for choosing to stay with Jurys Inn. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. I was happy to read that there were many positive aspects to you stay. I was however disappointed to hear that your room encountered some privacy issues.

I have taken your comments on board but I would like to stress the ground floor rooms do have many features to increase privacy. The lower halves of all of these windows are frosted meaning the room cannot be seen into through our garden. The garden is also on a lower level to the bedrooms, meaning that from the garden, the only view of these rooms is a small area of the ceiling. I completely understand your disappointment and the issues you mentioned were brought up in an internal meeting.

I would like to thank you once again for your comments. We have taken them on board and will use them to improve the hotel. I hope to see you return sometime in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is located right on the edge of the Quay Street, a street filled with restaurants and bars. It is also located right along the water. The rooms were great and very quiet. The staff was also very kind. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Stephanie W,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Ireland and look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Deputy General Manager