“Lovely Hotel”

Harbour Hotel Galway
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel is fairly central within walking distance of Eyre Square. The breakfast is the best I have had in any hotel in Galway to date, everything from fresh vegetables to breads is of a high standard.

The staff are just lovely very friendly and accommodating. Its the first hotel that I had a bottle of water and fresh fruit waiting in the room on my arrival. All in all I would recommend this hotel, an added bonus is that there is a car park to the back of the hotel so you can drive directly to the hotel park your car at no extra cost so its a win win all around.

Room Tip: A room looking out onto the harbor is lovely to view at night
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank susancc737
There are newer reviews for Harbour Hotel Galway

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Used to be a really nice hotel, now seems overrun by stags and hens, it's all good though. Reception at night time is a bit hectic, there was actually so many stag & hen parties they shut the residents bar, not fun for the rest of the guests!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CrinklyWinkly
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We chose the hotel for its proximity to the city centre and we were able to access it easily by car. Reception made us very welcome and the room appeared very comfortable and well appointed. My first encounter with the shower was a bit of a battle. To divert the flow from the bath tap required almost superhuman strength and more water was coming from the tap than the shower. I paid little heed to that as it was a small quibble. We went out for dinner and on our return I filled in the breakfast in the room card which I left on the outside of the door.

The noise from the traffic outside was quite intrusive and the secondary glazing was ineffective as the room was so hot, it was necessary to open the window even with the radiator turned off. The bed was quite creaky which meant that every time I turned over I woke myself and my partner up. On getting up, I checked to ensure the breakfast request card had been removed during the night. Unfortunately there it nestled totally undisturbed. I rang reception and was put through to the restaurant. Breakfast duly arrived but it was most unpalatable. The food seemed to have been cooked the previous night and warmed up. The hotel is very attractive and comfortable and it was a pity that the first impressions didn't carry through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank surveyorDublin
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

The Harbour Hotel Galway is ideal located for the visitor - short walking distance from the medieval city centre. Plenty of interesting sites, shops, artifacts, museum, walking tour etc. all close by to the hotel. Interesting walks close to the hotel - harbour , front and river. The hotel had a very attractive package which included a great day bus tour.
The kitchen was exceptional and the food excellent. The staff were very attentive and competent. The hotel clean and well maintained.
We were very pleased with the overall results and had a very enjoyable four days. The region is very has much to attract the traveller

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank rewin j
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is very convenient for the city centre and the bus and train station. The food in the restaurant was lovely and the price was very reasonable. The reception area is stunning. The only negative things I could say was the bath in our room was a bit rusted and the windows were extremely hard to open. For the price I paid though, I was very pleased. The staff were friendly and very accommodating and the cocktails in the bar were delicious.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ciarammcn
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed as a couple for 2nights 22nd, and 23rd November. Good location, 3 - 4 mins walk to the City, Clean, Comfortable, Great Breakfast, Very friendly staff, but just overpriced. €268 euro for 2nights bed and breakfast, for 2, off season, for a very small room, was just way too expensive. In my opinion, this is a good 3star hotel, but not a 4star. Room was very small, cramped, with very little storage space, actually the room was so small I felt I had no space. Thats my only problem with the hotel, it was overpriced for such a very standard small room. If i had paid a more reasonable price, I would have been happy enough. But considering it was off season, I would have expected more for my money. A friend of mine stayed in the nearby Radisson Blu for exactly the same price, we both booked the hotels within 48hrs of one another, and she got a 4star hotel, way bigger and more modern room etc. I viewed her room on the Sunday morning to see what she got for her money, and she got a way better hotel than i did. Now again, price was my only gripe with the Harbour. The Harbour has a great location, very friendly staff, the room itself was fine, but just way overpriced for what we got.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 540margaret
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked the John B Keane suite for the finale event (dinner and theatre) for the Oscar Wilde Festival that took place in Galway last September. The hotel looked fabulous as guests arrived for the evening with friendly staff informing guests of the night's event. First was a glass of wine for everyone that arrived. The one thing I particularly liked was how guests could chill and relax in the reception area beforehand yet the entrance to the main event was a few steps away. Inside, the suite looked amazing. I recommend if you are thinking of hosting an event here to go and see the room actually done up. Great attention to detail. All guests sat down to dinner. Couldn't fault the food, it was lovely and well presented. Next up was the theatre show. The hotel was very flexible in allowing the actors see the room the day before and get their bearings. They provided help in any way they could to ensure the theatre event worked in the way the actors wanted it to. Was very happy with the hotel and I'd recommend it for an event.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business