“Very Good Value, and Super friendly and Helpful Owners and Staff.”
Review of Anno Santo

Anno Santo
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Galway
New York City, New York
“Very Good Value, and Super friendly and Helpful Owners and Staff.”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I recently stayed at this charming Hotel, and the wonderful City of Galway. The Hotel is perfectly situated to all the sightseeing and visitor attractions, and is only a few minutes walk from the famous Salthill Promenade. I found the Hotel to be excellent value for it's location and the staff were super friendly from the time we arrived. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and this is largely down to the owners who immediately make you feel at home in their Hotel. The Hotel has a great value Restaurant, and the Bar was a great place to wind down after seeing the sights at the end of the day. The Hotel was clean and tidy and the rooms were a good size and well kept as well. The hotel is in a quiet area and thus makes for a good nights sleep. We especially found the Staff to be courteous and very knowledgeable of their city and surrounding areas, and always willing to answer any questions and offer their advice to make our stay in their City a very pleasant experience. It is a little gem of a find, and the owners serve up a very Irish welcome at tremendous value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 18 April 2011

This Hotel is a small family run business and when you walk in at first you think it is not going to be good if you are used to staying in more modern hotels. Having said that once we got settled we walked to the prominade (3 mins) and strolled on down to the amusement arcade with the children. My son is 11 and my friend's son is 10. When we came back that night the kids were allowed to sit in the lounge area and we the adults could have a drink. We put the kids to bed and you may as well be in your own sitting room with the kids asleep upstairs it was absolutely great to be able to relax. The staff are really lovely and I have every intention of going back there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Claremorris
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I have stayed at the Anno Santo Hotel throughout September 2010 to April 2011 on week nights. I found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, wash services of a very high quality,rooms spacious and very comfortable.There was a very reliable internet service and I had full complimentary useo of the Hotel PC . Breaksfast is served in a pleasant veranda each morning and was ample to sustain me for my business activities.
The hotel staff were very welcoming, courteous and helpful to any queries I had.
Parking was always straightforward, there is free on street parking outside.
The rates were reasonable and I would consider the cost excellent value fior money.
Overall , I would highly recommend the Anno Santo Hotel for business or leisure stays in Galway. I woulld be happy to stay there when I return to Galway in the Autumn.

Room Tip: Bus Stop nearby. Short walk (5 min) to Galway Bay.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I keep on returning to this hotel anytime I am in Galway and I always have a delightful stay. It is situated in a quiet location, close to the sea. The rooms are cosy and well kept. The bar and dining area are very welcoming and homely. The hotel has a very friendly and helpful staff and the overall atmosphere is very relaxed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2010

I recently stayed at the Anno Santo Hotel in Galway and would definitely return in a heartbeat. The hotel has that pleasant cosy warmth that you look for, that an equivalent Ibis or travelodge could never achieve. The staff were very friendly and even offered me breakfast after the official breakfast time was over. It is in a very pleasant area of Galway, ideal for touring into Galway city but also on into Connemara. And you have to try the Guinness, it was one of the best i've had in a long time. Added to all this, the room rates were excellent value, clean, comfortable and homely. Thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Galway
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Myself and partner attended a wedding in Salthill in 2008 and stayed Anno Santo. When I told my sister where we were staying she laughed. We were only staying the one night and didn't spend much time at the guest house.
Arriving you do notice that it is very dated, either this is the style the owners are going for or they just havent renoveted or put money into it in 30/40 years. The decor wasn't my cup of tea but thats not the reason I wouln't recomont this place, our room was dirty. It wasn't just old, old can be clean, this room was dirty. The reason some people have timber floors is because they are easy to clean, but this timber floor has ball of hair and so much dust it could't have been cleaned in ages.
Breakfast was fine, the dining room is well dated.
Considering friends of our stayed in a B&B a few doors down for far less and said it was spotless, I think we could have done better for ourselves. I was asked to pay before seeing the room, and though this unusual having grown up in a guest house. Housekeeping isn't doing it job!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Galway hotels

Sussex
Reviewed 13 June 2010

i was in galway for the first time so all new to me!! all of the staff went that extra mile to make me feel very welcome , i enjoyed the very friendly bar , clean rooms , a great breakfast and when i needed to get to evening event on the sunday a taxi was arranged to take me there ..all in all a great hotel for a weekend break which is close to the bench and the city

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo