“Friendly, clean and good value.”
Review of Anno Santo

Anno Santo
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My son and I stayed here on a four day trip to Galway city. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are comfortable and clean.
Breakfasts are plentiful and include the full Irish fry-up if you desire it. The bar is great and Gerry always has great conversation.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BobPowell
There are newer reviews for Anno Santo

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Gerry was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and didn't expect the room to be made up on day 2 and was pleasantly surprised. Very affordable. Salthill is a nice day trip and so is Galway. I would stay away from the expensive Galway hotels and recommend this one. It's a short trip on the #40 bus in and out of Galway. Salthill town is nice too. Make this a stop in the middle of your trip or towards the end to breathe and relax.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

It's a family runned hotel and they were very friendly and helpful for all our staying.
Even if we were looking for touristic advices or anything else, the hosts were completely at our disposal. We had also nice chats with the barman in the evenings.
The room was cozy and cleaned every day. The bed was a little bit small for two people but warm and comfortable. The bathroom was big enough, clean and the shower was working good!
The continental breakfast was included in the price and there was a wide choice of cereals, breads, juices and jams, and it was served in the common room with a fire place or during the good mornings, in the winded veranda.
It's possible to have complementary tea or coffee at every hour just asking the staff bringing it in your room or having it in the bar near the reception.

There is a bus stop few meters from the hotel heading to Galway city center, therefore is good if you don't want to walk.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I revisited this hotel in Galway’s Salthill area recently when on a business trip to the city. I am always amazed at how cheaply this establishment can operate all year round and still manage to make a profit. I stay there a couple of times each year if they have room for me.

It is a small, family-run hotel which does a good steady trade and which has its share of faithful clients like myself who keep on returning. It is not a modern hotel in any sense of the word but it has a lot going for it. It is clean, comfortable and has car parking right outside the front door. It has fairly fast Wi-Fi throughout the premises. The bar attracts a small collection of locals and guests alike and there is usually a warm welcome for the visitor.

Breakfast is a delightful affair and is always home cooked to order. Recently I asked for some fried bread which was not on the menu but which was supplied quickly and without fuss. The breakfast main course is, unlike some hotels, served piping hot at one’s table. The local ingredients are first class and the coffee is always good. What more can one ask for: simple accommodation, a delicious breakfast and a warm and sincere welcome whenever I turn up on their doorstep. And it does not cost the earth!

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet although you would prefer not to be next to a roomful of lively kids!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night away we booked it on booking.com was a bit disappointing when we turned up as we were expecting something a bit better . It could not really be classed as a hotel more like a hostel. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely man named eamon he was so friendly and helpful he made us feel at home. our room was very dated double bed more like a single . Water in bathroom was cold to shower in and the shower door kept falling off . Also there was a door leading to the corridor from our bathroom I think it must have been a shared bathroom at some stage. On the good side it was clean and the room was warm . We were informed that breakfast was not included in the price so we didn't stay for that. On check out we waited at recption for 15 minutes for someone to come out but I ended up having to go look for someone I eventually found a man who looked annoyed that I disturbed him from serving breakfast . I asked him for change for the bus to the city center and he replyed snappy that they didn't have change !!!! We go away every other weekend but we will never stay here again .

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed for just 1 night as we were passing through. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The staff (husband and wife) are so so friendly and accommodating. It is in a great location and we would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lewis F
Reviewed 15 July 2012

staff excellent room clean good location good value for money would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple