“Good value and good views from the Waterfront Hotel”
Review of Waterfront Hotel

Waterfront Hotel
Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #42 of 45 Hotels in Galway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good value and good views from the Waterfront Hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2004

I travelled to Ireland in early March with my daughter, her husband, 3 son sons, 17, 14, 5. We booked a penthouse suite. Plenty of room, big patio with light streaming in the windows. Living room with pullout couch and a set up bed for me. A big bedroom with queen size bed. A nice kitchenette, but no stove. No matter we brought back a cooked chicken and the hotel supplied the dishes! We did veggies in the mico-wave, toast in the toaster...even popcorn! Stayed two days we enjoyed it so much. Activity center next door for swimming. (special rates for hotel)Close to Galway City. Beach and good parking across the street. Helpful staff and even a pub/resturant downstairs! One of the least expensive stays we stayed!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 14 August 2003

I found the room I was given in Waterfront Hotel to be clean, spacious and pleasantly furnished. The views over Galway Bay are very impressive and you only have to cross the road to get to the promenade. The only negative was the plumbing which was noisy when I presume the people above used the bathroom. The best way to describe it would be to say it was a cross between a dentist's drill and drum. Apart from that it was quite a pleasant stay but I wouldn't describe it as good as other hotels with the same star rating. The food served downstairs in the restaurant was of a good quality but the service was painfully slow.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 June 2003

great view across the bay. the room was more like an apartment. very clean and rooms were lovely. there was bar+restaurant down stairs which was very popular. id definatly recomend it.

2 Thank SHAUNA25
Reviewed 23 May 2003

Of the ten nights I spent in Ireland, I think this was my favorite! The hotel is located right on Galway bay with beautiful views from the rooms. All the rooms have a separate bedroom and sitting room with a little kitchenette. I think most rooms have balconies. I stayed on the top floor (which I highly recommend) where we had a huge balcony and completely unobstructed views of the water. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very nice. There is a pub downstairs called Kitty O'Shea's which had great food and a fun casual atmosphere. There is a promenade in front of the hotel along the beach for walks. The price for the room was great!! When I return to Ireland some day, I definately plan to return to this hotel for at least a couple nights.

18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member