“My favourite place in salthill galway Ireland”
Review of Waterfront Hotel

Waterfront Hotel
Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 6 February 2007

The waterfront hotel in salthill is one of the nicest hotels to stay when you are visiting the west coast of Ireland.The staff are so friendly and welcoming,the food is fabolous and all rooms are facing galway bay which makes for beautiful views.
If you are in the mood for visiting an old irish style pub that serves a beautiful pint of guinness Oconnors pub has to be the place. The pub is on the main street in salthill and is just five minutes from the waterfront hotel.I would highly reccommend a visit to salthill whether you are from Ireland or visiting Ireland.

7  Thank skully81

Reviewed 19 October 2005

Didn't like this hotel at all. Stayed with husband and 2 kids for one night only. Paid 100 euros for 'penthouse' suite. Huge rooms, but smelled musty. Bathrooms very musty and not clean at all. Had to request extra towels and pull out sofa was not made up. The 'restaurant' attached to the hotel Kitty O'Sheas was disastrous!! Really unsuitable for children especially. Breakfast in the morning was inedible. We have stayed in many hotels around the world and were really disappointed in this one. It's a shame because the view is sensational and the staff were at least helpful. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank tracyeau
A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 August 2005

I stayed for one night in the Waterfront and unfortunately didn't find it as special as the other reviwers. I had requested an early check which was accommodated very efficently but when we arrived, the room we were allocated stank of stale smoke, even though I'd requested a non smoking room. As the hotel was booked out there was nowhere to be moved to so we left open the windows and hoped for the best! As a result I didn't go into the sitting room at all as it smelt so bad.
The views from our second floor window were lovely, even on an overcast day and despite the very dirty windows! The bathroom was not the cleanest I've ever experienced in a hotel and smelt of must. The metal tabs and showers were surrounded by rust and there were water stains in the toilet. There was also only shampoo in the shower-the soap was attached to the wall over the sink so made showering a little more awkward than it should be! I think this is all from the hotel being a little old rather than cleaning standards but it could benefit from a deep clean.
Kitty O'Shea's was a so a disppointment as it was only serving carvery meals when we arrived (we only wanted a snack!) and the pub is over 25's at night-you need to show a passport to prove your age, which seems a little strange for a hotel pub. We ate in Mocha Beans just further down the prom and went out in Galway.
I went to Salthill because I love the sea but in future I'll stay in Galway and get the regular bus service out to the sea!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 February 2005

This is a great hotel, good value with an excellent view of Galway Bay. We stayed two nites and found it exactly as advertised. The Receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Kitty OShea's bar is fun, the bartenders full of chat and friendly. We suggest you rent a car, as Taxi's are not that plentiful and buses not regular.

• Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank Patrick L
Reviewed 29 September 2004

This very affordable , though a touch dated hotel, was a great value for the price, and provides stellar views of Galway Bay and the Islands. A 2 minute drive from Galway centre, Spanish Arch etc, and with easy access to connector highways for exploring the west coast, make this a convenient spot. The common areas were a hint dingy, and some minor cosmetic renovations would be worth the investment. That said, no real complaints. Be sure to spend the extra 25 euro. for a penthouse suite. It provides an obscene amount of space, for a minimal cost. Perhaps the best compliment, is that in the likely event of a return visit to Galway we would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2004
1  Thank Clydon
Reviewed 12 August 2004

My daughter and I stayed at the Waterfront Hotel in the Salthill section of Galway. The rooms overlook the water; are clean as can be. The bus into town runs frequently, right across from the hotel. We had a room with a kitchenette, no utensils provided, but you can request them from the bar.
The hotel was nice and quiet. If you like beaches, it is such a joy to go walking there in the morning or evening , before or after a day out touring. When I return to Galway, I will definitely stay at the Waterfront Hotel again.

4  Thank MusicSusan
A TripAdvisor Member
Monroe, CT
Reviewed 10 June 2004

I travelled to Ireland in early March with my daughter, her husband, 3 son sons, 17, 14, 5. We booked a penthouse suite. Plenty of room, big patio with light streaming in the windows. Living room with pullout couch and a set up bed for me. A big bedroom with queen size bed. A nice kitchenette, but no stove. No matter we brought back a cooked chicken and the hotel supplied the dishes! We did veggies in the mico-wave, toast in the toaster...even popcorn! Stayed two days we enjoyed it so much. Activity center next door for swimming. (special rates for hotel)Close to Galway City. Beach and good parking across the street. Helpful staff and even a pub/resturant downstairs! One of the least expensive stays we stayed!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member