“Excellent”
Review of Ocean Crest House

Ocean Crest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Ocean Crest House
Ranked #152 of 189 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed in Galway for one night. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. It was a close walk into town and a nice view of the water. Breakfast was a homemade Irish Breakfast and was fantastic. Our host was nice, polite and helpful. She even let us keep our luggage there until we were done touring the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate J

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The location of the establishment is ideal for a walk on the promenade which is relaxing and refreshing. It is also approx. 20 minute walk to the City Centre.
The premises was full on my visit. The staff were very friendly and professional with tea and biscuits served on arrival. The accommodation was basic put comfortable. The breakfast was very good with plenty served in the dining room with excellent views of Galway Bay. There is ample parking at the front and rear of the premises.The experience was enjoyable with excellent value for money. I recommend this guest house and will stay there again when next on a visit to Galway

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tom2253
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I think it was the worst B&B I've ever stayed in . The twin room was absolutely tiny , the beds were on top of each other , no actual curtains just net curtains , and the room just smelled , old musty smell . The ensuite was fair size , but there was no proper light in it just the shaver light ( not good for putting make up on ! ) & there was a shower curtain on the shower , which I find disgusting , i think they're very unhygienic . Breakfast was nice , good selection . I know you get what you pay for but still it wasn't great at all .

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank KimboK30
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Sharon, the manager was very helpful, attentive and friendly. Gave us good ideas of where to go. I loved the breakfast room overlookiing the bay, and the breakfast was filling. Location was within walking distance of downtown. We even stayed an extra day and used Ocean Crest as our base. We would lighly recommend this. We had a family of 5, my husband and I got the double, and the teenagers were in a triple and it worked out well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2011

We stayed here last year on our Ireland trip and really enjoyed it.
The rooms were clean and tidy, we even got upgrated to a room with a jaccuzi.
The owner is Australian and very friendly gave us some great tips.
Breakfast nothing special but hey it was free.
Galway is an easy walk within the B&B and we had free parking which was great.
I would watch the price for this place as you can get a bargain but if you have to pay more I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The room and location of this Guesthouse were good, however we found that the service was quite disappointing. The managers were not on-site and breakfast was served late because some of the staff were late turning up - this made it difficult as we had other destinations we had to hurry to. The check-in staff were not very helpful and didn't offer much local knowledge. This Guesthouse would have been quite comfortable and enjoyable if the staff were more helpful and hospitable as the room itself was quite pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I recently stayed at this accommodation with my husband and parents as I had to attend a medical appointment and so we decided to make a weekend out of it. The description of my parents room was a triple but when we arrived there was one double bed and 2 single beds which were in a separate section of the room so really my hubbie and I could have stayed n the room too and saved on renting a room just for us. When we saw our room it was in the attic and you could barely swing a cat in it, The only window was a velux window in the roof. My husband is over 6ft tall and struggled to get up the stairs to the room in the first place as there was a sloping ceiling as you walk up the stairs. If you happen to be of a larger size then this accommodation is definately not for you as trying to get past the basin to sit on the loo would be difficult. I think that the room walls were made of paper as we could hear our neighbours going to the toilet, coughing and talking. Ii have to say I have travelled quite a bit in different countries in the world and the owners of this establishment were far from friendly. To end on a plus it was relatively clean and the water was warm.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple