Menlo Park Hotel
Nox Hotel(Galway)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,369 results
All reviewscity centrelovely hotelbar foodroom was spaciousreception staffenjoyable stayboth nightshotel barvisiting galwayfood was lovelyeyre squarewould highly recommend this hotellast weekendtop classtaxiroundaboutireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Spend a couple of days at the Menlo Park. This is a good, better than basis hotel with a wonderful staff. Rooms are large and well appointed although I have a personal dislike of 'pump action' soap dispensers in the bathroom - sods law dictates that they will always run out at the worst time.

Had breakfast and bar food and selection and quality was fine. The hotel is conveniently located and was an easy journey from the Dublin roundabout.

I recommend the hotel on the basis that it is clean, friendly and provides good food - Its not luxury but is a lot better than many similar standard hotels around

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear SaintRP9

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at Menlo Park Hotel and for taking the time to review us. Thank you for all your kind comments about our rooms, food & staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Menlo Park Hotel for two nights in September during my tour of Ireland. My hotel room was clean and well appointed. Breakfasts and Dinners at the hotel were very good. All staff members I had any dealings with were extremely nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lovestotravel1716

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us. I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our staff and food.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Of the 5 hotels our tour group stayed at in Ireland, this one was the least favorite. The halls were narrow, the rooms were very dark. We stayed there the nights of October 5th and 6th, 2013. Because we were on a tour, we left in the mornings after breakfast (which was very good) and did not return to our rooms until after dinner (which was also excellent) so there was no daylight. If you wanted to read or do anything at the desk, you were out of luck. The lights on the sides of the bed were like Christmas tree lights--very small. The fixture over the desk had room for 2 bulbs, but there was only one and it also was very dim. I had to write in the bathroom (which was well lit and nicely appointed). The staff was excellent, the food was good, the room was clean and the bed was comfy, but the lighting was atrocious. The internet connection was also spotty.

Room Tip: There seemed to be different bathroom configurations. Some people had bathtubs, some had walk in showers, etc. For some reason, the hairdryers were in the drawers under the desk, and since that was dark, it was hard to see what you were doing .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Barbara B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we value both positive & negative feedback as an essential tool to the continuous improvement of the service we offer. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed both breakfast & dinner thoroughly. as a result of your feedback about the lighting we are in the process of adding additional lighting to some rooms. We do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A 2 night stay at this very luxurious hotel in a nice clean room with A/C. About a mile walk to the pubs and shops at the main square. About 2-3 blocks from convenient stores and strip shopping centers for groceries and fast food, even a movie theater. Hotel has free parking and Wifi, and a bar that stays open late for guest. Front desk was very helpful and had a power converter for us to borrow. Great location for the price we paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank txskibum

Dear txskibum,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Menlo Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Absolutely amazing! Not more I can say really, though we didn't experience the food, as we had prior arrangements, it smelt and looked delightful. The bar was perfectly staffed with 3 of the most accommodating staff I have ever met. The band - 'Hogans hero's' we're just what we were looking for at the end of the night, nothing too rowdy, but still lively. My wife got to sing with them so I'm a bit biased toward them. The room was perfection personified, more like a suite. And at last a hotel bath I can actually get in, I'm just over 6' tall, so most of the time this is a problem, but not here. Rates were very reasonable.
But the absolute jewel in their crown was CIARA, behind reception. A more welcoming, professional receptionist I've yet to meet.
Keep it up, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade, well worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevyn M,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your recent stay at Menlo Park Hotel. It was fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. Ciara was delighted to be mentioned in your review. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.