“Great hotel!”
Review of Menlo Park Hotel

Menlo Park Hotel
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We got a deal for the Menlo and based on reviews we grabbed it! It was fantastic. Lovely room, big enough for the 3 of us to be comfortable. Food in the bar was good...not fantastic but the service made up for it. John, the bar manager, was super and our little girl was treated like royalty :-) Bus stop outside the door meant that we didn't have to move the car all weekend! We at in the restaurant on our second night and this was superb. Food was amazing. The pork belly starter was to die for! This was a family getaway so it was great that our daughter was so welcomed and that made all the difference for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Sinead U

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly and you felt you received good value for your money.
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel & our staff. It was great to read that ye were made feel so welcome & that your daughter was treated like royalty.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've stayed at the Menlo Park for years and have never had a bad experience. Location is excellent as if you are driving you can skirt the infamous city centre traffic and yet the city centre is a short stroll away if you want to do a bit of sight seeing. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurant and bar serve really good food throughout the day (try their chowder, second only to the Royal Hotel in Tralee) and there is also a lively bunch of locals who frequent the bar.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Katelios

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Menlo Park Hotel recently and thank you also for your lovely feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much. Your positive feedback is most welcome and very important to us. I have passed this on to all on the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Fantastic hotel. Lovely service very accommodating. When staff found out we were on our honeymoon we got a free upgrade to the bridal suite which was huge! Well finished and had get creature comforts. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mrswhite14

Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding & thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us in the Menlo Park Hotel as your choice of stop over on your honeymoon. Also thank you for all your lovely feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much. Your positive and kind feedback on each aspect is most welcome and very important to us. I have passed this on to all on the team.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

During the Easter weekend we stayed here on a B&B + dinner package. The staff at reception was lovely and super friendly. We got a beautiful and spacious room with a clean bathroom. The hotel is located a bit outside Galway centre, which actually works out great as it is only a short walk to town but still you don't get the hassle that comes with town. The dinner was lovely, I got a crab starter and catch of the day for a main. It tasted scrumptious, however dinner service was particular slow. The next morning I had the pancakes for breakfast, these were ok but rather small. I also had some of the Irish breakfast this was tasty, but I'm not sure if you're allowed to pick something of the list and take some of the buffet as the waitress was giving me very dirty looks when I was eating the food from the buffet.

Dear Bibabever

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently as your choice of place for your visit to Galway city and also for taking the time to review us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your lovely comments on our hotel, food and customer service.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast service, yes all guests are allowed to pick from both the menu & the buffet. I would like to discuss this matter further if you could please contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here on the Easter Bank Holiday and got a great rate found via Trivago, we stay 2 nights. The hotel is easy to find and relatively close to the city centre. It is simple and pleasant looking from the road side.

The reception area is a little dated but not badly so, the staff were friendly and we were quickly checked in. Our room 105 was a double room and was clean and simple... there were no frills really, no mini bar in the room a small telly etc... but this didnt bother us!

The bathroom was nice and modern probably recently re-done with a lovely shower. There were no bath robes in the room.

I noticed the electricty card thing didnt appear to be wired in at all so you could just leave the lights on which is probably a bit wasteful in this day and age, some of the furniture was a bit dented up, looks like something had been chipped off it at some point (and old tv maybe?)

Breakfast was usual fare, nothing special but hit the spot...

All in all the hotel is perfect as a base of operations for a weekend in Galway.

Dear Fionny

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and thank you for your lovely comment on our staff. Thank you for your comment on our bathrooms as a lot of our bathrooms have been recently refurbished and we're very proud of them.

I am also sorry to know that you felt the room you stayed in was a bit dated but let me assure you that we are currently undergoing a refurbishment project which will see the rest of our rooms completed by the end of the year to a more modern standard.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here previously and was very impressed so I was happy to return. The customer service is still amazing - we got a warm welcome and were upgraded to a beautiful room. We got an excellent value package with B&B and dinner. It is simply superb value for money.

Having said that, I did feel the "value" of the package in the dinner (service was both chaotic and casual) and slightly in the breakfast (I remembered their smoked salmon and scrambled eggs being amazing, though it was disappointing this time and I was left wondering if the eggs were powdered - my partner loved his full Irish though so it could just be me.)

I'll definitely be back though - particularly for the warm welcome and convenience of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Beeca_RCG_83

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your lovely comments on our hotel and customer service.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the scrambled eggs I can assure you that we only use fresh eggs in the hotel, i hope this did not impact too negatively on your overall experience.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Excellent hotel, excellent facilities, lovely friendly Staff, clean, tidy & warm. Food & service was lovely too. Just a nice distance from town. Had a lovely weekend in the hotel. Lovely peaceful area!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Susan D,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us with such a lovely review.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your weekend with us and were happy with each aspect from location, food to service and the overall cleanliness of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Deirdre