“perfection”
Review of Menlo Park Hotel

Menlo Park Hotel
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was greated by the lovely Rachell on my way in, she made me feel welcome straight away.

I enquired about rates and was given a good rate for the evening including breakfast.

The room to my suprise was huge and more like a junior suite. room 134

I slept perfectly, breakfast was out of this world.

I will return

Room Tip: one hundred and thirty four
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear MickM

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us with such a lovely review.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with each aspect from location, food to service and the overall hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michelle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed just one night in the Menlo Park Hotel. But everything was perfect in that short time. The room was spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The dining room provided us with a lovely dinner after a long day of driving to and from the Cliffs of Moher.

We were warned while booking that we were above a function room and might hear noise. But this didn't prove to be an issue at all. (Maybe because it was a Tuesday night.)

The only downside I could mention is that the hotel doesn't seem to have a street number. Upon our arrival in Galway, our GPS couldn't locate the exact location of the hotel, leaving us having to ask for directions in a cafe. Thankfully, we were only about a two-minute drive away. If you are using a GPS to find your way, it would be wise to look closely at a map of Galway first so that you can do some maneuvering once you arrive in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DarraghMcD

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

It was my boyfriends birthday, and we stayed a Saturday night here. The hotel itself was warm and homely, and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was excellent with lots of variety, and gluten free bread available. The hotel also provided a hand written birthday card and chocolates for my boyfriends birthday, which I thought was a really nice touch. Over all it was a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Naomi S

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay with us in the Menlo Park Hotel as your choice of stop over recently and thank you also for your lovely feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit so much. Your positive and kind feedback on each aspect is most welcome and very important to us. I have passed this on to all on the team.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed recently for two nights. Extremely pleasant staff and very comfortable rooms. Convenient location with parking. We did not eat in the hotel except for breakfast, and judging by this we have no doubt that their other meals would be just as good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patfleming

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in a superior room, which was real quality. I have stayed in many 5* hotels around the world and not many can improve on the Menlo Park. Did not have evening meal so cannot comment but breakfast good. Stayed in a so called 4* hotel in Dublin on a 3rd night this could not touch the Menlo park for quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BandG12529

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay here at the Menlo Park Hotel.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our superior, rooms, I am absolutely delighted you were so impressed with our hotel and services you gave us a five star rating. I will pass on your comments to the team

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Michelle.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The dinner was excellent in the bar and there was a great variety at breakfast The staff were very helpful and friendly Also the bed was very comfortable I enjoyed my stay at the Menlo Park Hotel and would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Aylwar

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

kind Regards

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We've stayed at Menlo Park on several occasions and have never been disappointed. This time we did an upgrade to one of the Superior rooms and were really pleased with all the amenities and the lovely décor. We like the fact that it is located just outside the city which makes for a quieter atmosphere. The staff at reception are always friendly and willing to give directions when you need help. Our dining experience was also good. I loved the coffee beans and tea lights in a glass on our table--nice artistic touch. I only have one tip especially for travelers from the States, bring your own face cloth (washcloth) as these are not provided--maybe something to do with green or eco friendly status. It's only a small item and should not put anyone off from staying at this great place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple