“This place rocks!!”

Kinlay Hostel Galway
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

A group of 7 of us stayed here over easter bank holiday and I have to say it was a brilliant experience.I have never stayed in a hostel before and was very surprised to say the least. The hostel is clean, bright, extremely well staffed and to have access to a fully kitted out kitchen was so much more than i expected... Im informed that there are other accomadation options rather than the dorm type rooms on other levels of the building ie. family rooms and twin/ doubles onsuite. So perfectly suited to couples who are looking for a short break on a budget Cant wait to come back very soon...
Might even make dinner for u again !!!!!! :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Kinlay Hostel Galway

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Great location in the heart of Galway City and close to Eyre Square. The bunk beds were hard to manage since my group was older. The heat did not come on in our room either of the nights we stayed there, although I was told that it would be fixed after the first night. The shower was so hot (not adjustable) we had to stand in the fringes of the water and splash ourselves to avoid being scalded. Reception at that time was several floors above street level. It appeared that a new reception area on the ground floor was under construction and that will be an improvement. The lobby area was always filled with a lively bunch of college age adults but the hall on our floor was relatively quiet. Only a block from where the bus to the Aran Island ferry departs.

Room Tip: Rooms with ensuite baths are available.
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Kinlay house has a perfect location, so close to all the shops and pubs. It is very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful with recommending day trips and doing bookings a day in advance. I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Excellent rooms, excellent security, excellent facilities, only one small problem.
We stayed for one night in the Easter break, there was a group of 67 teenagers rumnong around behaving like animals all night, I have no problem with people enjoying themselves but banging on doors and shouting and swearing at four in the morning can be a little annoying! I asked a member of staff to sort them out but he admitted he was powerless 'there are 67 of them, I can't be in more than one place at one time' Moral of the story, if you want a good night and a good nights sleep stay in a hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Hawk1976
Frank O, General Manager at Kinlay Hostel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am of course very disappointed that your stay was interrupted by this noisy group. My staff and I were all very upset that this incident happened as we always strive to be the best in the country.

I was aware that this group booked to stay with us, and as a precaution I rostered extra security night staff to monitor the corridors and ensure little or no noise from rooms. Unfortunately on this occasion the group were not respectful towards other guests, and noise could be heard in the early hours of the morning as you rightly mentioned.

As you said, our security staff are very good but the odd time even they can't get a group of that age to have manners. Please be advised that we do not tolerate behavior like this under any circumstances, and the group were asked to leave the hostel at 9:30 the next morning despite the fact that they were booked for a second night.

Your are very kind to comment so positively on our facilities and rooms. Yes - we have upgraded the entire hostel from top to bottom over the past few months and we are all very proud of the finished result.

Please contact me directly the next time you are in Galway and I would be delighted to see you back in Kinlay again as my guest, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic experience.

Kind regards,

Frank O'Connell

Reviewed 30 March 2013

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Excellent position: right in the central street of Galway city centre. Unbeatable value for money. Suitable for young people visiting the gorgeous city of Galway.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Nobody from the street is coming in to steal anything or be a nuisance, for sure. Travelers are required to show security passes and ring in after 11; very safe and secure. Shout out to Eva and Niamh for a warm welcome and friendly advice on the area; the staff will help you any way they can. Great location and good vibes all around.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My favourite thing about this hostel was the lovely receptionist, Niamh (or however you spell it, the cute blonde girl). She is LITERALLY the most friendly girl in the industry I have ever met, you need to hold onto that one!!!!!!! She helped us with everything and was just so pleasant!