“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galway
Bayview Caravan Park
Ranked #17 of 58 Speciality Lodging in Galway
Ardara, Donegal, Ireland
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've just returned home after spending a wonderful week here. I travelled with my 3 kids (aged 13,9 and 8) we found the site perfectly located for Salthill and Connemara and is very clean and well kept. As it is just off the main road it was quiet and peaceful and more importantly safe. Gillian and Robert are friendly, welcoming and always on hand to answer queries and help you enjoy your stay. There were couples and families staying and we had plenty of room to relax and for the kids to play. It was also refreshing to camp somewhere without having to pay extra for showers and electricity (for charging phones laptops cameras etc) as this in my experience is rare. The site is within easy walking distance of the beach and resort of Salthill-even in the +30C temperatures that we had all week. It is exceptional value for money and very flexible in that although we did stay for the week as intended on arrival, we didn't have to commit ourselves from the outset-which was great as, if the weather had turned foul and we curtailed our trip, we wouldn't have been out of pocket. We didn't want to leave yesterday and will definitely be returning to stay again in the future. Very many thanks to Gillian and Robert!!
From Richard, Josh, Izzy and Charlie Perraton (Ardara, Co.Donegal)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Richard P

Business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Small campsite but very nice. Good facilities i.e. bathrooms, clean and free showers also. Good place for a young couple but while we were staying there we seen a gang of young people refused . There is a bus directly outside campsite into city centre that leaves every 30 mins. Average kitchen facilities. Free taxi call to campsite also, we actually went to the races while we were which worked out well getting taxi.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Daithi1980_12
cavan
Reviewed 1 May 2013

i have been using at bayview for over 10 years , having left my motor home or touring caravan
the for season long stays , i suppose the number of nights myself , the wife,stayed is in excess of 150 over the years , also weeks long stays for my mother and sisters (all adults) it annoys me to read such negative views , especially from our northern friends,,, this camping park , is clean , pleasant, well equipped and above all is safe and quiet ,, the staff especially robert and his brothers and their family have always been extemely helpful day or night,,,,,,i would not even consider staying at any other facility in the galway area, and i have tried most of them,,, no contest
so for us this is the place in galway
ps my wife is northern irish.......thanks

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank CavanLes
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very dissapointed by Bayview caravan park. Had arranged the seasonal rental of a mobile home (or so I was lead to believe) but it was rented to another party who contacted them after me because they stayed there last year. Very unhappy to be told this at the last minute.Surely this is not the way to do business.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Paula C
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

i phoned up to book a few days camping for myself my fiancee my friend and his fiancee even tho we have stayed in the campsite before in 2 different tents when we went to book this year everything was grand until i told the girl it was for 4 adults an was told they were a campsite for family only when i asked how was that as we had stayed there before i was just told i dont know the most unhelpfull an unplesent girl i have ever delt with on a phone thankfully salthillcaravan park were more plesent and helpfull wud not recomend bayview at all

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
15 Thank johnny m
Eastbounre
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We have just staryed at Bayview for three nights as a short getaway. We had problems with the elctricity in our van and had run out of gas! It was 9pm at night and the site warden (Gary) was brilliant in opening up the shop and allowing us to swap a gas cylinder which we then payed for in the morning.
The site was busy as usual but not overcrowded, not noisy and a pleasure to stay at.
Many thanks to all the staff,

Emma and Dominic

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank coastguardEastbounre
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I believe the reviews that gave Bayview Caravan Park 1 star to be entirely rubbish. These reviewers criticise the facilities, the staff etc. One guy says the beach is awful - what's that got to do with the caravan park?? The beach is several hundred yards away... I stayed at Bayview caravan park with my wife and 2 kids for our holiday in Galway in July of this year, and found the facilities grand. Everything they advertise they have - hot showers, clean restroom blocks, modern caravans etc. Personally i found the staff friendly and good craic, It's a family-run caravan site and I had no conflicts with the staff (like one reviewer says) - in fact quite the opposite, I found the staff to be very helpful. And the other guests that stayed there were for the most part well behaved and good craic also. A lot of French campers go there annually and they are very well behaved. The place is very conveniently located, just like they advertise. It's close to all the attractions in Salthill (the golf course, Salthill prom, Leisureland etc). It's very suitable for families and couples. Bayview is over 50 years old and has a certain romantic and historic charm and culture that will delight a lot of people. All-in-all I have to say we had a very enjoyable holiday and we'll definitely stay there again when we're back in Galway.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family