“Great location & value for money with good food & service”
Review of Eyre Square Hotel

Eyre Square Hotel
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Myself and a few friends recently stayed at the Eyre Square Hotel for the weekend. One major plus is its super location (right beside train station and Eyre Square itself). The rooms were nice and clean, perfect for what we were looking for. The hotel has a very lively bar with an excellant bar food menu (we ate there on both nights!!). The staff were very efficient and friendly. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deckymack
There are newer reviews for Eyre Square Hotel

Reviewed 22 May 2009

I booked 6 nights over the course of a 12 night vacation at this hotel, online. It was the best deal I could find online in Galway, and our trip included both a Saturday and Sunday. Once we were in Ireland, we changed our plans a bit and did not get to Galway when planned. They were very nice about changing my reservation, even though I called less than the 48 hour policy stated. Once we arrived, the woman at the front desk was quite helpful in a number of ways.
We did find that there are nicer hotels offering lower rates in person, and so we did move someplace else, but I the Eyre Square Hotel is a good deal and a great location.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jesselee1000
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We needed overnight hotel accomondation in Galway.We were really suprised at what we got for price.A clean and cosy room friendly staff the receptionist that greeted us was lovely and courteous checked us very quickly.Reasonably priced ,delicious food and a good pub atmosphere.What more can anybody expect from a hotel.I would thoroughly recommendedd this hotel

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guest1Dublin
Reviewed 13 May 2009

a few of my friends and i booked in just for the night lovely place great location but the most ignorant staff i ever met

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2009

My friend and I stayed in Eyre Square Hotel at the weekend.
We have booked the room through their website.

I have read a few reviews and I have to say I was nervous before our stay in the hotel. I thought that the noise in the hotel would be unbelieveble and it is worse that any lower rate hotel. O my God!! I was so wrong.

I can not understand people who are moaning about small little things.
Do you not like the decoration? Go to 5 star or 4 star hotel next door,but please what do you expect for rate as low as can be in the hotel in the middle of city centre????
If you do not want to hear anything and anybody just go to Connemara or outside Galway.

The other thing is about the music.
I have checked ( I was just curious) their website and please believe me I have found on every single one information about the night club next door and the music in the bar at the weekend.
They also have sent me the confirmation email so you should read these things carefully before complaining.

The first impression was great. The reception area is nice and cosy.
The checking in was done very quickly and professionally handled by the smiley receptionist who made us feel like at home.

The room was basic,but it was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
We stayed in the room on the second floor,facing the street,which was quiet noisy in the morning,but you have to realize that when you are staying in the hotel in the city centre.

We had the dinner included ( we were lucky to book the room on the special offer basis) and we sat down in the restaurant. We were served with professional manners and the food in there was just fabulous. We really enjoyed that!!!!

During the night we went out to the bar,where the disco was on.
The Red Square Bar is huge and impressive. We had a few fancy coctails and we decided to enjoy ourselves.
WE HAD A GREAT NIGHT WITHOUT LEAVING THE HOTEL!!!

The hotel has a great location and lovely & helpful staff.
We did not even mind that they do not have the car park we could use the multi storey car park ,just a short walk from the hotel and we had got the special discount.

Thank you Eyre Square Hotel for memorable stay!

I hope to visit Galway and you Eyre Square Hotel in the future!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Myself and colleagues booked into this hotel whilst in Galway on business. After a long drive from Dublin we arrived in Galway only to find no on-site parking and no-one to answer phones in the hotel to advise us where to park. On entering the hotel the receptionist was plesent and check in was swift.. The rooms and corridors had a very strong smell of ciggerette smoke and alcohol. We found the decor of the rooms to be dated and my duvet had a few cigerrette burns in it. Carpet was stained and grubby, however worse was yet to come..... shortly after setteling down to sleep the next door night-club began to pound through the paper thin walls! we called down to reception to explain we had an early morning and could we move rooms perhaps to which we were told "No but I can bring you up a set of ear-plugs!!!" we wont be using this hotel in future.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We stayed at this hotel over teh Easter period and have to agree with others, on checking in staff were friendly. However when we returned to the hotel, albiet with an additional person, due to genuine unforseen circumstances, the night porter was agressive and rude. He came to our door, barged in, (I might add we were getting ready for bed) threatening to throw our friend out. After he left our room he rang and hung up mid discussion. We subsequently went to reception to discuss the issue, with no acceptable outcome. Not once were we offered alternative accommodation which we would have happily accepted and paid for.
My credit card was charged for the additional guest, which was not authorised. I spoke with the General Manager who agreed to remove the charge, however a few days later I received an demail saying that the charge would not be removed. we booked the room on a room only rate, not per person sharing.
I have to say I was very disappointed with the attitute of the staff and management. I and my friends will not be staying there again, and I could not recommend this hotel to anyone, there is a wide variety in Galway city to choose from, where you will get value for your money.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends