“Another great stay 😊” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Galway
Cork
“Another great stay 😊”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We always stay in this hotel when we go to Galway and it never lets us down. Once again, the staff were very welcoming and friendly when we arrived. The hotel looked beautiful. Overlooking the promenade, it's a lovely place to enjoy a bright spring day. I particularly love the breakfast room because it's a big, bright room, again overlooking the promenade. Our room was very comfortable and clean. I also noticed that the corridors are being refurbished with stylish new wall paper. We went into the city for a few drinks, only a five minute spin in a taxi. I just find this hotel is a great place to relax, un wind, and 'switch off' when we come to Galway. My only complaint was that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear ‘captainMcS’,
Thank you most sincerely for your continued support through the years and I am delighted to see that you always have a very pleasant time here in the Galway Bay Hotel. Thank you also for taking the time and effort to share your views with all.

I am delighted to see that you had a very pleasant time with us and your positive feedback is most welcome, particularly in relation to the quality of the hotel, our location, the views, the welcoming and friendly team and the quality of the bedrooms. You are quite correct – we are refurbishing all of the bedroom corridors along with all of the hotel bedrooms.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Sincerely, Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Just back from the Galway Bay after spending three nights there with my family. Great hotel in a lovely location. We went for really nice walks on the promenade outside the hotel and toured Connemara on one day. Super staff - very friendly and professional. Dined I each night and the quality of food served is top class for breakfast and for diner in the bar and the Lobster Pot Restaurant. The two kids loved the kids camp - the came back one night after making buns and another after learning some gymnastics! All in all we will return and highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Titch2203
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear ‘Titch2203’,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your views following on from your recent visit to the Galway Bay Hotel. Thank you also for choosing to stay here with us, I am delighted that it was such a memorable experience.

Your positive feedback is most encouraging and this has been passed on to all on the team. Your positive feedback regarding the hotel itself and our location is most welcome – I am delighted to see that you availed of some of the walks close to the hotel and like your good self many people use the hotel as a base when touring Connemara .. Our location lends itself to this as we are on the outskirts of Galway city whilst being only minutes from beautiful Connemara .. I have also passed on your feedback regarding the quality of food you received to Executive chef Robert and his team – they are delighted! I am delighted to see your feedback also regarding the kids club – we do have a fun filled interactive eight hours planned for children each day in our Penguin Kids Club with interactive activities such as kids fun cookery lessons, gymnastics, themed quizzes and much more along with meals including healthy options and healthy snacks.

Thank you once again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Galway Bay Hotel is an excellent hotel, one of the best ones I've ever stayed in. The view I had from my room was incredible. It's so relaxing there and the staff are all top notch. Everyone is so friendly and very helpful and courteous.

The bar has a great, cozy vibe and the Lobster Pot Restaurant had a wonderful Irish breakfast buffet. The restaurant also faces the bay -- nothing better than a bay view breakfast! I didn't have the opportunity to eat there for dinner, but would hands down, if I had more time in the area.

If I ever make it back to Galway, I will 100% stay here again (and recommend to all my friends)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Maddy,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time whilst staying with us. I am thrilled to see that you found the hotel to be so relaxing with the team being so helpful, friendly and courteous. I am also delighted to see that you really enjoyed the quality of the breakfast we offer to guests. This is remarked upon daily – we are so lucky to have such a super breakfast chef – Daniel and he passes on his gratitude to you. Thank you also for recommending us to all and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Galway again in the future. Kindest regards, Dan Murphy
Kildare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We got a great offer to stay in the Galway Bay, and booked it for the whole family. The staff were great, and met any requests we made.
I found the bar/lounge a great space, it was warm and friendly with plenty of room for the children to run around in the lounge without getting in the way. The restaurant is nice, and the food was excellent.
The pool was nice, with an area for kids, with bubbles if they like them! The changing rooms are a little small when there is a few people in getting changed. I had a facial/back massage there which was well deserved, and well worth the visit.
It is in a great locations, right on the prom, with lovely views from the lounge. We will definitely be back for another visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Magpie2501
Dear ‘mapie2501’,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel with your family recently and thank you also for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to see that you had such a wonderful time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed most encouraging. I will pass this on to all on the team. I am particularly to see that you found the quality of the food throughout the hotel to be excellent. Thankfully, this is a comment which we receive consistently and Executive Chef Robbie and his brigade pass on their gratitude to you.

We are all looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Sincere regards, Dan Murphy
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Having stayed at the Galway Bay hotel for two nights on the recommendation of a friend I would not hesitate in staying there again on any future visits to Galway. From Check in until check out everything was of the highest standards. Our room had a spectaular view of Galway Bay and surrounding area. The staff at reception/Front desk were very polite and helpful in any request, the bartenders were also very polite and helpful in suggesting places to go in the city for an evenings
entertainment. The bar area was quite cozy and very welcoming, a snug type feel to it. Though we didn't have dinner at the Restraunts there due to other dinner arrangements, by looking at the menus both food and wine, both very reasonably priced I would definitely have dinner there. In the mornings they have a traditional breakfast buffet, a lot to choose from and fantastic seating over looking Galway Bay. A great way to start your day off.
Having stayed at many hotels in the US and Canada I would recommend this particular hotel to anyone that would ask me where to stay in Galway.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Hockeyboy1
Wow – what a super review!! Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel whilst visiting Galway recently. All on the team are thrilled to see that you had such a nice time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the location of the hotel, the views from the hotel, the polite and helpful team, the cosy bar and the food quality, especially at breakfast is extremely encouraging and most welcome. I have passed this on to all on the team and once again all pass on their sincere gratitude to you.

Thank you once again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Warm regards, Dan Murphy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for one night with husband and daughter for €195 for one room B&B and felt that this was poor value. On arrival at 1.30pm, reception staff were not friendly when informing us that we were 30 minutes too early for check in time! Later, at 6pm when we arrived in our room our luggage had not been brought up so we phoned reception, only to have to go downstairs a while later as it still hadn't been brought up. When it did arrive we were offered someone else's bag as well as our own. We were allocated a room next to the lift on a night when there was a wedding reception taking place in the hotel and were woken by rowdy guests between 2 and 4am. It's a pity that hotel staff don't use their initiative and allocate rooms away from the lifts to guests who are not part of wedding parties. No wifi available in the bedrooms although when queried, were told by reception that there was weak wifi reception available. One would expect wifi in bedrooms of 4 star hotels. Hotel slightly jaded with carpet rip in restaurant being taped by staff during breakfast. Also, tap in bathroom dripping and had to be turned 17 times to turn off. We had stayed here many years ago and were extremely disappointed on our return. For our next visit to Galway we would definitely prefer to try other 4 star hotels.

Room Tip: Away from lifts.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Geraldine O
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Geraldine,
Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your valued feedback. I and indeed all on the team are terribly disappointed to learn that you have not experienced the true Galway Bay Hotel experience for which we are renowned for. I would like to assure you that this is most definitely not the normal standard of service which we strive to offer any guest at any time. I have reviewed this feedback with all on the team and collectively we will work to ensure that the issues you encountered are not issues with any future guests.

I have received over two hundred pieces of guest feedback over the course of the last week. This feedback was received by way of letter, e-mail, comment card, follow on calls to a random amount of recently departed guests and guest surveys with a random amount if in house
guests. All of this weekly feedback is uploaded on to a very comprehensive guest feedback log. As you can imagine, over time a large volume of feedback is uploaded on to this log. I would like to assure you that the overwhelming majority of this feedback is overwhelmingly positive. I merely mention this to outline that your experience is most certainly not the norm and the 'exception to the rule' here in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Thank you again and please feel free to drop me a line at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would welcome the opportunity to liaise in person.
Warm regards, Dan Murphy
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed in the hotel for a wedding and really enjoyed our stay. The staff couldn't do enough for you and were very accommodating when it came to providing food alternatives as one of us has a dairy intolerance. We plan on returning to stay in Galway Bay hotel and I really look forward to it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sinead L
Dear Sinead,
Thank you sincerely for this wonderful feedback and thank you for taking the time and effort to share your views. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time whilst attending a wedding reception recently. All on the team are delighted that you look forward to a return visit at some stage in the future and until then thank you once again. Best wishes, Dan Murphy