“A brilliant place and lovely staff”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend had a small get away from our busy working life. It was a Saturday and the place was full. There was a wedding as well. But it never felt that we are not been looked after. Every staff was soo nice and helfull. Especially ANNABAL at reception. We were tired from a long drive and she made us feel soo relaxed and offered us coffee . She brought our smile back and gave us the best room facing the sea... rest staff was also very good .... thank you very much for the lovely stay ... we will surely be back ...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arvin G
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Arvin,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway a Bay
Hotel recently and thank you also for taking the time and effort to
share your experience with all. I am delighted that you had such an
enjoyable stay.

Your positive feedback is most welcome, particularly in relation to the
team and how we made you feel so welcome. Annabel is delighted to be
mentioned by you in such a positive manner through such a public medium
and she passes on her gratitude to you. I am delighted also that you
enjoyed the views from your bedroom - there are wonderful views from the
hotel of the famous Galway Bay and beautiful Clare Hills and I often
witness hotel guests marveling over these views from either of our sea
view lounges, sea view conservatories or our sea view terrace.

Thank you once again and u hope that we will have the opportunity to
welcome you back again at some stage in the future.
Warmest regards, Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,518)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Finally got a chance to return to this amazing hotel. Stayed for my friends hen party. The rooms were so clean and the staff were very friendly and courteous. Great atmosphere in the bar on Saturday night. We ate in the bar on Sunday before we left and I have to say the food was amazing. I had the Curry and it was just to die for. Can't wait for my next trip back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear ‘tootie212’,
Thank you most sincerely for taking the time and effort to share your views following on from your recent visit to the Galway Bay Hotel with your friends. I am delighted to see that you had such a nice time with us.

It is a pleasure to read through your review and it is a pleasure to share your views with all on the team. Your positive comments regarding the friendly and courteous staff, the great atmosphere in the bar and the amazing food is hugely rewarding to all involved.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Warmest regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed in the Galway Bay with my husband and three children last weekend. We had the most amazing time,our children had such fun as the Galway Bay had a very friendly and safe kids club called Penguin Kids Club. Our children were made feel so important and special by Pickle the penguin who entertained them so well. We also enjoyed the food which was lovely and the service was first class. We will definately be back soon. Thank you to everybody that made our weekend away very special.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Charlene’,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway bay Hotel recently with your family. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome particularly regarding the first class service and also the lovely food – this is feedback which I receive consistently and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom are so motivated, focused and passionate when it comes to delivering top class service to all hotel guests at all times. I am delighted also to see that your children had such a nice time in our Penguin Kids Camp. This certainly is hugely popular with all families as we provide eight hours of interactive activities each day for children. These activities are designed to stimulate and motivate children to interact and participate and include children’s cookery classes, cookie and cup cake making, gymnastics, themed quizzes and many more. All of this also includes children’s meals and snacks with an emphasis on healthy options.

Thank you again Charlene and all on the team look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again in the future.
Sincere regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed in the Galway Bay Hotel on Saturday night for a Hen Party. I was very surprised at the warm friendly welcome we got as I was under the impression that most hotels do not particularly like hosting Hen/Stag nights. We had a cocktail demonstration and Brian our barman was very friendly funny and helpful all cocktails that were requested were made without any problem even for those whom do not take alcoholic drinks. We then had our meal which was very nice friendly service, I asked for ice cream without any sauce and receive my ice cream with cream and strawberries very nice surprise. I shared a room with two others. The room was lovely except two things I found were not great one the pillows were very soft and I found it hard to turn in the bathroom light as all light switches for the whole room were located beside each other! Nothing to indicate which switch was for which light. Overall I was very pleased and would stay again

Dear ‘Ann1730’,
Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your views following on from your recent visit to the Galway Bay Hotel with your friends. I am delighted that you had such a nice time whilst staying with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed most encouraging. I have shared this with all on the team and all have asked that I pass on their gratitude to your good self and your friends. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.
Best regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I travelled to Galway with a number of friends and we enjoyed a lovely evening in the Lobster Pot Restaurant and drinks in the bar. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms spacious, clean and comfortable and the food was really lovely. Thank you.
Arlene, Co Wicklow

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Arlene,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you for taking the time and effort to share your very positive experience. I am delighted that you had such a nice time with us.

I have passed on your feedback to all on the team and all are thrilled that you found the quality of the food you received to be really lovely, the staff to be really friendly and welcoming and the bedrooms very spacious clean and comfortable.

Thank you again Arlene and hopefully we will have the please to welcome you back again soon.

Sincere regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Having previously been impressed by the quality of food in the carvery, my family and I decided to try the bar menu and yet again it exceeded our expectations! The staff were so genuinely friendly and helpful, they really made the effort to make us feel comfortable and speak to our three boys. The highlight for the kids was the penguin who came around to say hi, there was a lady with him who advised us about the kids camp that was available if the kids wanted to play while we had lunch. We didn't get to use it however will definitely next time. The food was delicious and reasonably priced so happy all around. Cannot recommend this hotel enough. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie1138

Dear 'katie1138',
Thank you for choosing to dine here in the Galway Bay Hotel with your
family once again recently and thank you also for taking the time to
share your experience. I am delighted to see that you had such an
enjoyable time.

Your positive feedback is most welcome particularly in relation to the
genuinely helpful and friendly staff, the delicious food quality and the
value for money.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to
welcome you back again soon.
Warm regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We decided to try the Galway Bay hotel for lunch. It was quite a long time since we had been to their cafe, and we had been told that it was much improved in recent times. While it looked exactly the same as before and the range of available food also looked unchanged from our last visit, it was not very crowded, which compared with other cafes in Galway, was a distinct bonus.

We ordered hot sandwiches - ham for my wife, beef for me. We were offered salad bar items to go with these but this we declined. My wife had a coffee, I ordered a double expresso, but on learning the price - €4.60, I refused it and took a glass of water instead. The sandwiches were tasty, but very expensive at €8 each,

Before leaving I checked the price of the expresso to make sure I reported it correctly here, to be told that a double expresso was €3.50! I pointed out that I had been told previously that it would have cost me €4.60; was then told that this was a mistake and the correct price (still rather high) was indeed €3.50.

We found the experience unpleasant, and very expensive. We will not be returning to the Galway Bay anytime soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mikex

Dear ‘mikex’,
Thank you for visiting Harvest Café here in the Galway Bay Hotel on Saturday last and thank you also most sincerely for your valued feedback. I and indeed all on the team are most upset and also extremely embarrassed to learn of the pricing issue you encountered. I would like to assure you that this is not our normal pricing and an honest error was made by the team member with whom you dealt with. I would like to apologise to you most sincerely and the team member with whom you dealt with also passes on to you a heartfelt apology.

I would like to assure you that collectively we have addressed our pricing structure with all on the team, particularly our new team members, to ensure that this is not an issue with any future guests of Harvest Café or the hotel. The allocated price for the sandwich you ordered is 5.50 euro which includes either of a baguette, bap, wrap or fresh Nutty Doorstep wholegrain or white bread along with choice of salads. Our allocated price for a double expresso is 3.50 euro.

I receive approximately 250 pieces of guest feedback on a weekly basis throughout the hotel. This feedback is received by way of letter, e-mail, guest comment card, guest questionnaire to a random amount of in house guests and guest questionnaire to a random amount of recently past guests. All of this feedback is uploaded on to a very comprehensive guest feedback log. As you can imagine, this is a very large amount of guest feedback and I would like to assure you that the overwhelming majority of this feedback is overwhelmingly positive, particularly regarding the quality of food and the quality of the people throughout the hotel. I merely mention this to again assure you that your experience is most defiantly the exception to the rule and not the norm here in the Galway Bay Hotel.

I would welcome the opportunity to liaise in person and hopefully make up for this very unfortunate situation. Should you wish, I can be reached at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com . Warm regards, Dan Murphy