“Wonderful family friendly hotel in a lovely location right across from the beach.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel one night between our tours. It was a perfect place to stay and we will certainly return with our entire family on our next visit to Ireland.

Reception was so kind and helpful. The lobby is a gathering place for the guests and the food was delicious.

Our room was clean and had views of the water. Many young families were there during our stay on spring holiday. There were activities offered for children and adults.

Highly recommend this hotel. What a wonderful place in Galway.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear ‘Koepplfam’,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable time while staying here.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging. I have passed this on to all on the team and all pass on their gratitude to your good self and your daughter. Thank you for recommending us to all and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back with your family at some stage in the future.
Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights during the last bank holiday weekend, and I must say we really enjoyed our stay! My 5 year old daughter had a blast in the kids camp we could barely get her to leave! Ate I'm the bar the first night and the restaurant the next night, both didn't disappoint! The staff in the hotel are really top class and it makes such a big difference. Special thanks to the girls at reception who provided us with great info, Colm and Bryan in the bar(I think that were their names), and Patricia the manager. Will definitely return!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Silkcutgum
Dear ‘Silkcutgum’,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel with your family recently and thank you also for this super feedback. I am delighted that you had such a really enjoyable time whilst with us.

I have shared your views with all on the team and all are thrilled; especially, Patricia, Colm and Bryan all of whom you mention in person – you have really made their day as they are thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium.. We are all delighted that your daughter really enjoyed our Penguin Kids Club – it certainly does receive wonderful reviews regularly. I am also delighted that you found the quality of the food to be of a vey high standard along with all on the team in the hotel being top class. Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Kind regards, Dan Murphy
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We held our wedding there. The hotel staff were first class, especially John and Barbara who were a delight to deal with.
The food was excellent and the reception room was beautifully laid out. I would highly recommend the Galway Bay Hotel as a wedding venue.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eamon M
danmurph, Front Office Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Eamon,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also, most sincerely for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel to host your recent wedding reception.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel staff to be first class, the quality of the food excellent and the wedding reception ballroom excellent. Thankfully we are a very popular wedding venue and all of the feedback which I receive is a replica of your feedback. A special day for you is most definitely a very special day for us here in the hotel and we all really enjoy ‘going that extra mile’ and providing ‘the little extras’ to ensure a very memorable day for all. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people whom are so focused and passionate when it comes to consistently going ‘above and beyond’ on these very special days. Of course you mention both John and Barbara and they are thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium – they send on their best wishes to you. Thank you again Eamon and it was an absolute pleasure to be part of your very special day.
Warmest regards, Dan Murphy
Athlone, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel are carrying out some very badly needed renovations to their bedrooms.
There was a very strong smell of paint throughout the hotel. Not great if you suffer from asthma.
On the day I checked in, the lock to room I was allocated was broken and I could not enter the room. I was reallocated a room next door to the rooms that were being renovated!
Next morning at 08.15am the drilling and hammering commenced.
The workmen working in the rooms must have had a good night the previous night as they were catting and talking at the top of their voices, discussing football and the likes. They were totally oblivious to anyone trying to get a lie in.
This noise continued right through the morning and it got so bad that I had to vacate the room.
When checking out I mentioned this to the Front Desk staff but it apparently fell on deaf ears.
A manageress apologised for the noise but said she knew nothing of the workmen working up stairs that morning.
For anyone booking in soon, please be careful of the room allocated to you and be sure to ask if it is on the floor being renovated.
Really disappointed with the Hotel as I was looking forward to a lie in after a very challenging business meeting the previous day. Also very disappointed with Leisure facilities. There were three garden seats in the Steam Room, the steam room itself was disgustingly dirty, mould all over the wall. The pool is rather small, there is no jacuzzi and the gym is located in the public area of the "leisure centre" check in desk. You certainly do not get a chance to work out in private as all and sundry are checking in at leisure centre desk.
A big let down from a Hotel with a strong reputation. Will not be returning again!

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor undergoing renovations, hence rather noisy and smell strongly of paint.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 479Liam
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2014
Dear Liam,

Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am terribly saddened and also extremely embarrassed to learn of the issues you encountered. As you mention we have been carrying our refurbishment works in the hotel and we put the necessary precautions in place to ensure that guests experience was not hindered in any way. Unfortunately, in your case this was not the case and I do apologise to you most sincerely. I would welcome the opportunity to liaise with you in person as all on the team are terribly saddened to learn of this unfortunate issue. I can be contacted at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com should you which to contact me.

Dan Murphy
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just returned from an Easter Break in the Galway Bay Hotel. Very nice hotel with excellent staff (especially the manager at front of house), good food and great location. Only bug bear would be the gym and pool are disappointing. All in all though 8/10. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Conor,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted to see that you had such a pleasant time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the excellent staff, location and food is most welcome and I have passed this on through our vey comprehensive in house training schedule. We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Best regards, Dan Murphy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nora was a life Savior when I needed to use the computer. The rooms were superior and the staff was helpful when any question was answered with a smile. The breakfasts and dinners were excellent.There was always some daily activity that was offered to to the guests for free. ie. wine tasting, dancing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Robert,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our positive feedback is most welcome and Nora is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and she passes on to you a heartfelt thank you! We are all delighted that you found that the breakfasts and dinners to be excellent and all on the team to be very helpful. As you quite rightly mention we do have numerous daily complimentary activities such as the wine tasting and the dancing as you point out along with beauty demonstrations, guided tours of the area and of Connemara along with much more. Thank you again Robert and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Kind regards, Dan Murphy
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is my Husband's and I, eleventh year returning to this splendid hotel.

As usual, the reception staff were excellent upon arrival, departure and in between.

The Lobster Restaurant and staff are of the highest standard, "Thank you Ashling", you looked after us (David and Audrey Smith) extremely well. The food was fantastic and served in a very professional manner.

The bar staff also, "Thank you".

The bedroom was spotless, as was the en-suite. I had a problem with the settings on the shower and when I arrived back to the room, a brand new fitting was in place. No messing about with trying to fix same.

Gowns hanging fresh in wardrobe. Shower gel, soap etc. Hairdryer and tea and coffee making facility. Ironing press. TV is old fashioned but you can buy movies if the channels don't suit.

We ordered breakfast in the room the three mornings of our stay and it was first class. Staff from the restaurant phoned us in the room to make sure all was to standard.

The view we had of Galway Bay from this particular room was breath-taking

It was a pleasure to have tea/coffee or stronger and read the complimentary newspapers in the beautiful Reception Area.

We stayed from,17th April to 20th of April. In fact, it was so good we have since booked for the May Bank Holiday Weekend. This hotel is so good they should name it twice.

I noticed also that there is a Kids Club, which looks fun and a good rest for parents.

We didn't use the Leisure Centre this time around as the weather was so good.

Again, "Thank you" to all the great staff and looking forward to seeing you for the May Bank Holiday.

David and Audrey Smith

Hope Dublin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Audrey and David,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel for the 11th time! We are most grateful that you continue to choose the Galway Bay and we are delighted that you always enjoy your stay with us.

I have to say that your feedback is very similar to the vast amounts of feedback which I receive on a daily basis which is really pleasing. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service and product to all guests consistently – they really do make my job so much easier.

Thank you again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Warmest regards, Dan Murphy