“Feedback”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Nuremberg, Germany
“Feedback”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed for three days. The Staff is very friendly, the Breakfast was very good. We got a very large room with sea view. The spa was not very large and older. In the city center of Galway one runs about 20min, bus stops outside the hotel.The hotel is excellent!

Room Tip: It is best to ask for a room on the left side (sea view)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear ‘ThoMey75’,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. Thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you found the team and the hotel to be excellent and I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. I have passed your feedback on to all on the team and all pass on their sincere gratitude to you.
Warmest regards, Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is all that is wrong with hotels that simply depend on their view ....where service has been completely over looked. Felt like a number not a guest. Problems experienced were key card issues, over charged and very very out dated rooms all of which were greeted with an air of annoyance by staff. We felt as though we were an inconvienece rather than paying guests. A real shame.

2 Thank Drogo123
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear 'Drogo123',
Thank you for your feedback and thank you also, most sincerely for
choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am terribly
saddened to read that you did not have a pleasant time whilst staying
with us.
I receive an average of 250 guest comments each week and I have to say
that the overwhelming majority are overwhelmingly positive. Obviously
this was not the case with your good self and I would like to apologise
to you most sincerely - for this reason I did send you a private message
on tripadvisor to no avail unfortunately as I was hoping to assure you
that your experience us certainly not the norm and the exception to the
rule.

Thank you again.
Dan Murphy.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We had the most wonderful stay at the Galway Bay Hotel. The views from the hotel are spectacular and our room was really spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was great too. There is a bus stop to the city in close walking distance and a few really nice cafés and bars in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Djameela D
Dear ‘djameela’,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging, particularly regarding the views from the hotel, the quality of the breakfast we serve and indeed the quality of the team and service – this is feedback which I thankfully receive on a daily basis.

Thank you again and best regards, Dan Murphy
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A huge, heartfelt thank you to the professional and friendly staff of the Galway Bay Hotel for making our wedding day so relaxed and enjoyable. It was a pleasure to work with such a dedicated team of people who shared as much interest in the finer details of the day as much as the bride! It is wonderful to find a Hotel whose ethos is 'whatever the customer wants the customer gets'!! The wedding management team including; Declan Sharkey, Dan Murphy, Brian Oliver and John Fraser were personable, efficient and enthusiast throughout the entire planning process putting us at ease each step of the way. Thank you for all the top quality care on the day and over the whole wedding weekend. Wishing you many more wonderful weddings in your lovely hotel!
Kind Regards,
Maria & Alan Gibbons

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are well worth booking!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Maria & Alan,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to host your wedding reception here in the Galway Bay Hotel and thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted that you and indeed all of your party had such an enjoyable and memorable day with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and all on the team pass on their gratitude to you. A very special day for you is indeed a most special day for all on the team here and we get great satisfaction working with brides and grooms ensuing all of the little details are in place to ensure perfection at all times. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people here in the Galway bay Hotel whom are so focused, motivated and passionate when it comes to delivering top class service to all guest consistently.

Thank you again Maria. All on the team look forward to welcoming you back again very soon and wish you all of the very best of health, wealth and happiness.
Sincerely, Dan Murphy
County Tyrone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel at the end of April 2014. First impression on arrival was efficiency. All explained. Including the options for tours etc On our package the Connemara tour was included! On entering the room I noticed a slight smell of fresh paint. Delighted we had got a refurbished room. After a few minutes I didn't notice the fresh paint smell at all. Nice big flat screen TV. Unfortunately not many channels and wifi poor during refurbishment. But if you really need wifi the lobby is fine.

Dining was grand. Very helpful and pleasant staff. Portions seemed small individually but on the last of our 3 night stay my wife commented I would need to go on a diet. Food was excellent. We had the quail 3 nights in a row! Only one slight comment - does the chef need to put the balsamic jus on everything? But it was lovely food. And Alisa, Nora and Ena were very helpful.
Breakfast was excellent. Lovely fresh everything. Fresh rashers and sausages, eggs, coming out all the time. Nothing sitting too long. Nice black pudding. My only disappointment was no fried soda or potato bread ( I am from the North and you do have a lot of Northern visitors who would appreciate this more than beans). Great variety of fresh fruit though the melon could be riper (some chewy bits). Porridge was the creamiest I have had. Only discovered it on the last morning.

We tried the café for lunch, soup and sandwiches. Disappointed no proper sandwiches, only large rolls with little chicken. And a bit expensive for what we had. The only real disappointment of our trip. You could at least consider letting residents have free tea/ coffee!
Have to say we slept well, good sized room, very comfortable bed/ pillows. Was able to phone down to reserve complimentary Irish Times.

We felt we were well looked after.

There is nothing much in Salthill itself but as I had my car I was able to be out in the Gaeltacht in 15 minutes and lost in the wilds in 30 minutes.
Very enjoyable few days.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Title – Connemara Gateway
Dear ‘Eavesdropper’,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you had a very enjoyable stay.

Your positive feedback is most welcome particularly regarding the cleanliness and size of the bedroom, the helpful and pleasant staff throughout the hotel, the excellent quality of food for breakfast and dinner and the location of the hotel, overlooking the famous Galway Bay , on the outskirts of Galway city and at the gateway to Connemara . I am also delighted that you enjoyed our complimentary activities including the complimentary day trip to Connemara – this receives fantastic feedback from hotel guests as do our complimentary boat trips on Lough Corrib along with many more. I am delighted also that you found the bedding and pillows to be very comfortable – again this is feedback which I receive consistently. Nora, Alisa and Eva are delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and they pass on to you a heartfelt thank you – you have made their day! We do supply complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits for all hotel guests in guest bedrooms. In our Harvest Café we serve a vast array of freshly made sandwiches on wholewheat or white bread, babs, wraps or baguettes; all of these are served with fillings of ones choice all listed on the table menus.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visited the Galway bay hotel and I really had a nice time there. I would especially like to mention Orla a young lady in the bar whom I found very helpful and courteous. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Galway region.

1 Thank Jonjo123
Dear ‘Johnjo123’,
Thank you for this super review and thank you also for visiting the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you had such a nice time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging. Thank you for mentioning Orla in person. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people whom are so motivated and passionate when it comes to delivering top class service and personality to all guests consistently and Orla really does lead by example. They certainly do make my job so much easier!!

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again in the future.
Sincerest regards,
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here 2 weeks ago and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.the food was lovely and the location is perfect for a relaxing getaway.orla in the bar looked after us very well.we will definately be back

1 Thank mkeane10
Dear ‘mkeane10’,
All on the team are delighted that you had such an enjoyable time whilst staying with us recently. Thank you for this feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the quality of the food; this is feedback which I receive on a daily basis from the numerous repeat and regular guests of the hotel. Executive Chef, Robert and his team pass on their gratitude to you. You are quite correct in saying that we are in an excellent location for a relaxing getaway- with perfect views from numerous vantage points of the famous Galway Bay and the beautiful Clare hills. There are numerous walks around the hotel but the favourite of most guests is the Salthill promenade right on our door step.

Orla is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and she passes on a heartfelt thank you to you – you have made her day!! Thank you again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.
Kindest regards,