“Fantastic hotel”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

In the galway bay last weekend for a family occasion. Everything was fantastic the food and staff who couldnt of done enough for us. A special mention to trevor who was absolutely fantastic on the day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear ‘nikger’,

Thank you for this super feedback and I am delighted to see that you had a wonderful time whilst here with your family last weekend. Your positive comments are most welcome and very encouraging and all on the team pass on a heartfelt thank you. Trevor is chuffed to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and he also passes on his gratitude to you.

Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,459)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

On behalf of Conna Senior Citizens i would like to thank the staff for taking great care of us during our recent stay. We were all treated very well and a good time was had by all. Highly recommend for all occasions.

Dear Christine,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel with your summer getaway with the Conna senior citizens. I am delighted to see that you had such a pleasant stay with us. I do remember chatting to you myself and your comments regarding all aspects of your stay were very well received and appreciated.

Thank you again Christine and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We held our wedding here in January 2005 and since then have returned for christenings, communions and confirmations. We always have fantastic service from all staff members, food is fabulous and warm friendly atmosphere

We returned this week for my son's communion and I have to say the staff excelled themselves. The waiting staff were absolutely amazing, the managers and bar staff made my family feel so welcome. I can not recommend this hotel enough for any occasion you are attending for.

100% fantastic staff, atmosphere, and the warm welcome.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for continuing to return to the Galway Bay Hotel over the years. This certainly is the ultimate compliment to all on the team. I am delighted to see your superb comments regarding all aspects of our food quality, customer service and the general atmosphere throughout the hotel.

Thank you again and all on the team are looking forward to welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently attended large family dinner at the Galway Bay Hotel. The level of service, the quality of the food, choice and the overall atmosphere was second to none. I would like to say a big thanks to William Madden who made the evening very special and who couldn`t do enough for us. I will definitely be returning to the Glaway Bay Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Tadhg,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant time with us. Thank you for recommending us to all and William is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium.

Thank you again and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Great food. Spacious room. Check in was at 4.30 had to wait in reception. Did get a late checkout for 3pm complimentary. Wedding rate was not applied directly had to get booking manager to resolve. Reception agent unpon arrival was not very friendly. Prepare to argue for what you want / booked

1  Thank Seam73

Dear ‘Seam73’,

Thank you most sincerely for your feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently whilst attending a wedding reception.

I am delighted that you found the quality of the food to be great and the room to be spacious. Thankfully this is feedback which I receive regularly and consistently from regular and repeat guests of the hotel and also indeed from the large amounts of non residential guests who dine in either of our Lobster Pot Restaurant, Harvest Café or indeed from our bar menu, which is proving hugely successful since it was re launched recently.

I am terribly sorry to learn of your experience at our reception desk. Needless to say, I have investigated this and I see that the rate you were charged was in fact the rate you were quoted and this was also the rate outlined to you in the letter of confirmation which was sent to your good self.

Thank you again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I recently attended a wedding in the Galway Bay Hotel in mid April and I was a member of the bridal party. The wedding was a huge success and this is testament to the professionalism of the staff at the hotel. I cannot fault any element of our experience there. I must mention a few things that made our experience in the Galway Bay a special one;
The staff were very professional and hospitable, no issue was a problem for them;
The food was excellent and the service was very well managed (thanks to Brian, the wedding manager, and his team), we didn't feel rushed and we never had to wait for anything;
The bar staff were very efficient and jovial, and that is really important at an Irish wedding (thanks to Trevor, the bar manager, and his team)!!
Overall, it was a great wedding because we were in a great hotel ran by a great team. I look forward to my next visit as a regular guest!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diarmuid C
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Diarmuid,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time whilst attending a wedding reception here recently. Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed most encouraging. Brian and Trevor pass on their gratitude to you as they are thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium. Thank you again Diarmuid and all on the team look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Best regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our first visit to Galway Bay Hotel, in the last four days of January 2013, coincided with a spectacular winter storm. On our more recent stay, in the last four days of April 2014, we experienced a Mediterranean like Salthill with warm sunshine and a Prom thronged with happy walkers, sunbathers, swimmers, divers and canoeists - all a million miles away from the woe and recession obsessed media image of our benighted little country!

No hotel could be better positioned, of course, than The Galway Bay and we again thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A pleasant room, a comfortable bed, powerful piping - hot shower, a splendid breakfast, a decent dinner, a warm welcome - what more could we ask for? We are well aware that none of this happens without sound management and a great deal of hard work. By the way, in our last review we made special mention of Patricia, This time, to our astonishment, she recognised us immediately - after all in the fifteen months since our last visit she must have greeted thousands of guests - and was again most helpful and attentive.

Just two final points: quite unconnected, by the way! On our last evening I - an enthusiastic carnivore - decided to eat from the vegetarian menu. My goat's cheese starter - a work of art on a plate - was delicious and the tortellini main was subtly tasty and satisfying. At about 11.30 pm I visited the toilets in the public area beside the bar to find them spotless with a young man vigorously cleaning.

Please, Galway Bay Hotel when may we return?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken S

Dear Ken,
Wow!! What a wonderful review – I am not too sure what to say other than thank you once again. Patricia is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and she also passes on a sincere thank you. Thank you again Ken and I would really welcome the opportunity to say hello in person at some stage during your next trip…
Sincerely, Dan Murph