“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Galway
North Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed only one night, but I wish it was more! Beautiful seaside hotel. 10 minutes drive into Galway city. Beautiful views. Great breakfast with tons of variety. Gorgeous rooms. I expected closer to downtown but it is a lovely area and quite self contained. Easy to get to downtown. Staff were fantastic!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Alexandra,
Thank you for this feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very pleased to see that you had a very enjoyable time with us.

Your positive feedback regarding the location of the hotel and beautiful views, the variety at breakfast, the gorgeous room and the fantastic staff is all very encouraging and I have passed this on to all on the team.

We are as you say about 5 minutes from the city centre and believe it or not we have a very novel idea starting off very soon – we have the Galway tourist train commencing a pick up service at the hotel whereby it will come up to the door of the hotel, pick up guests and drop them off at various locations in the city centre.. There is also a return service and I am sure that it will be very popular with hotel guests and is very popular with tourists around Galway city at present. We certainly are looking forward to commencing this very shortly.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.
Best regards, Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was the first overnight stop on a trip across west of Ireland and it was worth it.

The hotel is well placed, directly ON the wild Atlantic way (great for when you are exploring it) and on the other side of a beach road.
Its five minutes away from city centre as well.

The staff is excellent, already on checkin the two ladies Anabelle and Kamilla are asking, "would you like someone to take your luggage" "would you like me to call for a taxi" and so on. You'd think there was a mixup and they were chinking a VIP, that is just how they do it here!

My very nice, big and clean room was overlooking the patio and the Galway Bay excellent!
I was also pleased with the bathroom with its big bathtub and shower, there were towels a plenty too!

The breakfast buffet served by Patricia the manager and Ivan the waiter was excellent. Full choice of Irish or continental breakfast, lots of choice for cereal, juice and fruit. Its served in the restaurant that is overlooking the Galway Bay, which is a nice way to see the weather outside.

So in closing, its a recommended hotel! not only does it have the location, but the facilities and the service to fit it. Top markings from me!

Room Tip: Ask for seaview room! even on alousy day it is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear ‘webman692’,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you for this super feedback. All on the team are most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time with us.

You are quite correct – we are actually on the Wild Atlantic Way and so many guests are availing of our location to travel this wonderful coastline. Infact, leaving the hotel it is 300meters to kick the wall on the promenade here in Salthill which is becoming a very popular attraction on the Wild Atlantic Way . I am delighted also that you found all on the team to be excellent – Anabelle and Kamilla pass on a very heartfelt thank you to you – you have made their day as they are so pleased to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium.

Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here last weekend to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. The service we received all weekend was excellent. Myself, my wife and our 3 children arrived early so our room wasn't quite ready. This was fine as we wanted to get some lunch. Unfortunately my son was still feeling I'll from the traveling and could not help expressing this in the Harvest Cafe. Patricia came to help us and was wonderful. She paid great attention to him and reassured him that what happened was okay before cleaning up. This reassurance was very important to him.
If I remember rightly, check in was handled by Nigel, who was very courteous and patient. He checked on the status of the room regularly and made a lovely coffee for my wife.
The room was a perfect size for us. With a double, single, camp bed and cot there was still room for the kids to make a mess!! I found no faults with the room. The view was of a closed fairground but I wasn't there to look out a window.
We ate in the bar the first night and both the food and drinks were fresh and delicious. Again in here I found the service to be excellent. Everything we requested was catered for, especially when it came to looking after the children. Later in the evening we found it too warm in the bar so moved out to the lovely conservatory - much better for the kids anyway.
Service at breakfast was excellent too. The kids had us up early so we were down for the beginning of service, but found ourselves queuing behind a large tour group. We thought this could take a while but they had everyone seated with a plate of food very quickly.
The kids loved the pool which was nice, quiet and safe. The changing rooms could do with some attention though, but that's no big deal.
The rest of the family that stayed here also only had good things to say about the hotel, especially my mother who thoroughly enjoyed her stay. She was greeted to a complimentary bottle of wine and cupcakes in her room.
I would definitely return here again for a family break. The staff seem genuinely happy in their jobs, which is reflected in the level of service they provide. Thanks to all in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear ‘KMDub33’,
Thank you most sincerely for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted to read that you had such a pleasant time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and also very encouraging. You are quite correct in saying that all on the team here genuinely enjoy their work which reflects in costumer service – they are a super team and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people whom are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service and product to all guests consistently – they really do make my job so much easier! I am also thrilled to see that your mum really enjoyed her stay with us; a special occasion for you is most definitely a very special occasion for us and we really enjoy providing some little extras to ensure that the occasion is appropriately marked. Thank you also for mentioning Patricia – she is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through sich a public medium and she also passes on her gratitude to you.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.
Kindest regards, Dan Murphy
Enschede
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

rooms are large and clean. very friendly and helpfull staff. this was our 14th visit to this hotel and we had a great time. breakfast is outstanding. free parking. free wifi. view over Galway Bay is breathtaking. food in pub is good. there are also some nice restaurants in the area. see you again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear ‘surreycccgirl’,
Thank you most sincerely for continuing to return to the Galway Bay Hotel again and again. To return 14 times is a true compliment to all on the team and we are forever grateful. I am delighted that you have always enjoyed your stay with us and thankfully like your good self we have many more repeat and return guests whom express the same sentiment.

Your positive feedback is most encouraging, particularly regarding the large and clean bedroom, the friendly and helpful team, excellent breakfast and food along with the complimentary car parking and Wifi. I have passed this on to all on the team and all are very grateful – they all pass on a genuine and sincere thank you to you.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future for the 15th time..
Kindest regards, Dan Murphy
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having used the Galway Bay Hotel for 10 years now to host training, I have found the preparation meetings, service, staff and general hospitality to be extremely professional and helpful. The venue is pleasing and a great addition to the Training as participants like to have the lovely Galway Bay just outside the door, and the central location supports their opportunities for further exploration of Salthill and Galway city. Participants rate the hotel highly and as manager of the training, I have been satisfied to return each year for more, and this May was no exception! Thank you again.

Room Tip: Conference rates available which is very helpful!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mari,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for returning over the years to use the Galway Bay Hotel as your chosen venue in Galway. All on the team are delighted to see that you are very pleased with our hotel.

Your positive feedback regarding our location, staff, service and hospitality is most welcome and indeed very encouraging. Thankfully, we are a very popular conference destination and delegates like nothing more than taking a refreshing walk on the Salthill promenade following on from a long day - or the less energetic always like to relax and unwind in one of our sea view lounges and watch the sun go down on Galway Bay as the old and famous song goes…

Thank you again Mari and all on the team look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Kindest regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed recently with my girl friends for a mid-week break. Lovely place and we really enjoyed the food etc. I think the highlight of the trip was that I convinced the girls to come to aqua aerobic class one evening. We loved it and had a really good workout. Although the gym is small, the staff were great. We even went to another class on Wednesday morning with Anna. She was really professional and helped to make our stay memorable. Well done.

Room Tip: Sea views were fantastic, even if the weather is not great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Aine,
Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel with your friends recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am very pleased to see that you had a very enjoyable time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and also very encouraging. I am delighted to see that found the hotel to be lovely and that you mention specifically the quality of the food. I am also very pleased to see that you took part and really enjoyed some of our aqua aerobics classes. We provide a lot of complimentary activities for hotel guests which are all very popular. We also work closely with different local companies to provide complimentary activities such as boat cruises, water sports, tours of Connemara and many more. Anna is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and she passes on her regards to you.

Thank you again Aine and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the near future.
Warm regards,
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here recently as we attended a family Wedding and we weren’t disappointed.

We had a lovely big room with a partial sea view, would have loved a full sea view, but these rooms are in very high demand plus we didn’t arrive until 9PM, so we’re not complaining!

The hotel overlooks Galway Bay and is situated right on the beach side, it’s a fabulous location.

I would recommend this hotel, nothing to fault, the breakfast, the free Wi-Fi, the car parking, the staff etc. were all excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear ‘yonkers123’,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel whilst attending a family wedding reception. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant time with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and indeed very encouraging, particularly in relation to our fabulous location. Thankfully we receive vast amounts of positive feed back consistently and our location always features as part of the guest feedback. I do hope that you had the chance to relax, unwind and see the sun go down on Galway Bay as the old and famous song goes...

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.

Warm regards,