“First class.”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have just returned from a beautiful stay at the "Galway Bay Hotel" from my first contact by e mail until my last day the reception and booking staff were wonderful and eager to help. The hotel itself is excellent and not far from town. The view from the hotel . is wonderful. the restuarant staff were very friendly and efficient, food excellent.I can recommend all the fish dishes.The breakfast was super, I had an Irish breakfast, and a breakfast from the buffett where there was a very varied choice of fruit,bread, cereals I was on my own and was really well looked after. I even took part in water gym lessons. In the morning session the girl was lovely.
My room was very spacious and clean. complete with hairdryer and ironing board and iron and tea and coffee.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Promenade is the best,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear ‘sadieitaly’,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway . Your positive feedback is most encouraging. Particularly, in relation to all aspects of your dinning experience in our Lobster Pot Restaurant – I am thrilled to see that you found the team to be friendly and efficient along with the quality of the food to be excellent. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Sincerely, Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,375)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is my first review as I felt compeled to let the wider public know what a gem of a hotel this is. From check in to check out we were extremely impressed by everything this hotel has to offer. A beautiful setting is wonderfully complemented by friendly and caring staff. We stayed on a Saturday for a friends wedding. From the champagne reception to the food for the afters everything was top notch. We ate in the resteraunt on the following evening and from the variety of the menu choices to the quality of the food it really would take something exceptional to better it.

I could write about the experience of our stay for alot longer but instead all I will simply advise is DO NOT pass up the opportunity to stay here if you are staying in the Salthill/ Galway area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thebrogue

Dear ‘thebrogue’,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here both during and after your friends wedding reception. I am delighted to see that you had such a nice time.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time on the day of the wedding reception. I am delighted that you found the quality of food to be ‘top notch’ and all on the team to be extremely caring. This feedback is most encouraging and all on the team are thrilled. Thank you for recommending us to all.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say, on behalf of my husband and I we would highly highly recommended the Galway Bay Hotel for a wedding, we had over 300 guests and the hotel had no problems in catering for them all. Food was out of this world and top class service.
The wedding staff at the hotel are so helpful and would do anything to help or make sure your dream wedding comes a reality.
All our family and friends were coming back to use with such great feedback which made use feel great.
I would get married again tomorrow and choose the Galway Bay Hotel as our number 1 wedding venue.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘MaryIreland186609’,
Thank you for this magnificent feedback and thank you most sincerely for choosing to host your wedding reception here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am delighted to read that your good self and all of your guests had such a wonderful time with us.

A special occasion for you is most definitely a very special occasion for all here in the Galway Bay Hotel and we really do enjoy ‘pulling out all of the stops’ and providing all of the ‘little details’ to ensure that it is a very special and memorable day for you. All on the team a thrilled that you feel this way and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to us again at some stage in the future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel has it all. Its location right on the Galway Bay is amazing and the view from our room which was overlooking the bay was beautiful. The hotel has a feeling of luxury from the second you enter the lobby and there is a beautiful elegant conservatory and patio with stunning views of the Galway bay (With helpful staff always close by to tend to your every need!) We ate in the bar on our first day and it was an excellent start to our trip. My mother and I had the most delicious chowder and the salmon for our main. The chowder was the best i have ever tasted. Our waitress was so lovely, friendly and attentive. We were so impressed and pleased with how well we were looked after from the beginning to the end of our meal and we all commented on how excellent the level of service was. Really looking forward to our return. Such a happy atmosphere in the bar and indeed the rest of the hotel,all the staff seem genuinely happy in their work and eager to help with anything which i thought was brilliant to see. We didn't get to eat in the lobster pot restaurant but i took a walk through and a look at the menu and it all looked very impressive. I really can't say enough about this hotel. I have recommended it to many friends and family and everyone who has been raved about it.I will defiantly be returning to the hotel on my next visit to Galway.

Room Tip: I would advise booking a sea view room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Paul,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very pleased to see that you had such a very nice time with us.

You positive feedback is very encouraging and most welcome. I am really happy to see that you found the food you received to be on an excellent quality. I am delighted that you found the views to be excellent along with the team and service to be excellent also. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom are so focused and motivated when it comes to delivering top class service and product to all guests consistently.

Thank you again Paul and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for four nights last week. Really enjoyed the hotel. All the staff were friendly. Ate in the pub there and food was lovely, as was the Irish breakfasts in the Restaurant.

Saw a couple of weddings there and thought what a lovely venue.

I know they can't control the weather but if it hadn't rained every day it would have been perfect;
even so it was lovely sitting in the conservatory watching the rain.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 124 and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesmo
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear ‘Lesmo’,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this feedback. I am very pleased to see that you had such a nice time even if the weather was not the best during your stay.

Your positive feedback regarding all on the team and the quality of the food you received for breakfast and dinner is most encouraging and I have passed this feedback on to all on the team – they pass on their gratitude to you.

You are quite correct – we are in a super location and we are a very popular wedding destination with wedding guests deciding to stay on both before and after the celebrations as one does certainly get the holiday feel whilst here.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here just this week with my daughter, having been here before some years ago from when it first opened. Firstly, I cannot fault the service, every single person we dealt with was pleasant and helpful. The bed was seriously the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The room was fine, but there was a little wear and tear starting to show in the bathroom; the toilet seat was not fixed in properly, the hot tap on the bath was cold water and the cold tap was hot water, there was a hole in the tiles near the toilet handle and there was flaking of the surround of the plughole in the sink. It was just a little disappointing. The meal we had as part of our deal in the Lobster Pot was delicious, apart from the tagliatelle, which was actually very bland and not at all pleasant and I ended up leaving half of it, having added lots of salt and pepper and some of the broccoli that came with my daughter's dish. We treated ourselves to breakfast in our room one day, but that was a huge disappointment. I think we may have been the last ones on the round to receive it and it was very sweaty, the scrambled eggs were pretty much all liquid and the toast was rubbery, however, the mushrooms, egg and sausages of the full irish were not too compromised and actually quite nice. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves, we had great weather :) Would give it another go for sure, perhaps it was just that it was not as posh as I remembered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gori_g

Dear ‘Gori_g’,
Thank you for this feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very pleased to see that you had such a nice time whilst staying with us.

Your positive feedback is most welcome and I am also terribly upset to see that there were areas of your visit which did not live up to our normal standard offered to all guests. I would like to assure you that these have been addressed and collectively as a team we will be ensuring that there will not be a repeat with any future guests.

Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Short break with former work colleagues and their partners was excellent value all round. We also had a great nights dancing to the brilliant music of TR Dallas and on Monday we had a Free Tour of the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher courtesy of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear ‘artietess’,
Thank you for this feedback and thank you also for choosing the Galway Bay Hotel to host your reunion recently. your positive feedback is most welcome and also most encouaging. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed some of the complimentary activities which we provide for guests of the hotel. The dancing and the guided tours certainly are very popular along with all of the other activities which we provide. Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcomgin ou back again at some stage in te future. Kindest regards, Dan Murphy