“Very happy customer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Dublin, Ireland
“Very happy customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My overall experience with The Galway Bay Hotel was exceptional. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were so helpful and polite. I must give Barbara a mention, because she welcomed my family and I with such warmth and could not have made us feel more welcome. It makes all the difference having someone with such great manner to deal with and I must thank her again. Also, Orla was great and so helpful. I will be staying in this hotel again, without a doubt, and most defiantly recommend this to everyone. Jo & Sam

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Jo and Sam,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am most pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable and memorable time with us.
Your positive feedback is most welcome and also very encouraging, particularly in relation to the very helpful and polite staff. Thank you for mentioning Barbara and Orla. They certainly are two stars here in the Galway Bay Hotel and are real examples of leading by example – they really do make my job so much easier. Thank you again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Was just passing through and met a friend for tea and scones in the lobby. I have eaten dinner here a few times years ago.
We were greeted and served by a lovely lady called Barbara. I'm delighted to see the Galway Bay hasn't lost it's friendly and warm atmosphere from when I was last there. Thank you Barbara.
Everything was lovely and nicely presented.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear ‘Nic H’,

Thank you for stopping by for tea and scones recently and thank you for your valued feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had such a nice experience whilst with us. Positive personality is our main Core Value and it is so pleasing to see it being carried through throughout the hotel. Of course I am not surprised as I have such a wonderful team, all of whom are so motivated, focused and enthusiastic when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently – they really are a credit and make my job so much easier. You mention Barbara in person; she is delighted and passes on her gratitude to you as you have made her day! We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed in this beautiful hotel. It's location is idle with a fabulous view out at the bay. Food in the restaurant was lovely and staff were very welcoming and friendly especially Barbara who could not but do enough for us.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ‘mangles33’,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am most pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable time whilst staying with us recently. I am thrilled to see that you really enjoyed the views of the bay from the hotel along with the lovely food along with the very welcoming and friendly staff. Thank you also for mentioning Barbara in person – she is thrilled and passes on her gratitude to you. Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a fantastic dinner at the Galway Bay Hotel during our Coast Guard conference. The staff were very friendly. The restaurant manager Barbara even organised a special desert for one of the members, Declan, for his birthday. He was extremely impressed to say the least. I will certainly recommend to the Coast Gaurd to come back here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear John,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had a very positive experience here whilst attending a conference recently. We really enjoy marking special occasions such as birthdays in some way whenever it is made known as a special occasion for you is most definitely a special occasion for all here in the Galway Bay Hotel. Of course Barbara is delighted to be recognized by your good self and she passes on her gratitude to you. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I attended a wedding here in April and as soon as I walked in the door we were welcomed by the manager and a member of staff which I thought was a lovely touch. Great rooms and facilities. Meal at reception was top class I cannot praise enough. .very friendly and helpful staff. I'm considering having this hotel for my wedding as i really was so impressed. I would have to highly recommend staff member Barbara Hehir who really couldn't do enough for us. A+

• Stayed April 2014
Dear ‘Ailbheinwonderland’,

Thank you sincerely for this wonderful feedback. I am very pleased to see that you had such a pleasant time whilst attending a wedding reception here in the Galway Bay Hotel in April last.

I am thrilled to see that you found the quality of the meal served to be top class with very friendly and helpful staff. Barbara, whom you mention in person, passes on her gratitude to you as she is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner by your good self. Thank you once again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Warmest regards,
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at the Galway Bay a few weeks ago and could not go without sharing my experience. I truly had a wonderful stay, the bed was the comfiest I've ever slept on in a hotel! I must thank Barbara who I met when I arrived, she was extremely welcoming and helped me with all my queries. Breakfast the following morning was more than I expected. I even got a courtesy call to make sure everything was ok. The staff really shine and are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Colm,
Thank you for this super feedback, I am delighted that you had such a pleasant time whilst staying with us. Your positive feedback is most welcome, particularly in relation to the comfi bed and the quality of the team – I am delighted that you feel that they are a credit to the hotel – they certainly are and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team of people whom are so motivated and focused when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently - they make my job so much easier! Barbara is thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner by you – you have made her day. Thank you again Colm and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Best regards, Dan Murphy
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently ate at the bar and was very impressed with the standard and quality of the food. The menu varied and suited my friend who is coeliac. Bar staff, particularly Brian and Trevor were very helpful and attentive even though the bar was very busy! I was glad they offered dessert menus because the sticky toffee pudding was one of the best I have had! Will definitely be back and will recommend to friends and family

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ‘Bear8950’,
Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to dine here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time whilst here.

Your positive feedback is most welcome, particularly in relation to the quality of the food you received and also the quality of the service. Thankfully this is feedback which I receive on a daily basis and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom are so focused when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently. Brian and Trevor are thrilled to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and they pass on their gratitude to you – you have made their day!

Kindest regards, Dan Murph