“Great staff, amazing views.”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recently attended a wedding here, Everything was perfect from start to finish, the reception room looked lovely, the views were really amazing and the staff were so friendly and attentive, especially the hard working bar staff and manager Brian. Thank you again to everybody who made it such a special day for us all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. All on the team are thrilled to see that everything was just perfect from start to finish when attending a friends wedding reception recently. I am delighted that you found all on the team to be so friendly and attentive, particularly the team in the bar. We are all always delighted to be part of a really special day and we are very much of the opinion that a special day for any guest is a very special day for all on the team here. You mention Brian in person and he is thrilled – you have made his day! Thank you again Cathy and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Galway Bay Hotel

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was just passing through and met a friend for tea and scones in the lobby. I have eaten dinner here a few times years ago.

We were greeted and served by a lovely lady called Barbara. I'm delighted to see the Galway Bay hasn't lost it's friendly and warm atmosphere from when I was last there. Thank you Barbara. Everything was lovely and nicely presented.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Nic H’,

Thank you for stopping by for tea and scones recently and thank you for your valued feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had such a nice experience whilst with us. Positive personality is our main Core Value and it is so pleasing to see it being carried through throughout the hotel. Of course I am not surprised as I have such a wonderful team, all of whom are so motivated, focused and enthusiastic when it comes to delivering top class service to all guests consistently – they really are a credit and make my job so much easier. You mention Barbara in person; she is delighted and passes on her gratitude to you as you have made her day! We all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway Bay Hotel again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel recently with my partner and had a great time. I could not fault the staff or the hotel. On our first night, we ate in the restaurant as part of our package and thoroughly enjoyed it. Breakfast was also top notch. We opted to eat in the bar the second night and were very happy with our choice as it was much more to our suiting. The bar was very cosy and casual and all of the staff members treated us like we were long lost friends. Must mention Trevor, the head bar man who recommended the trad on the prom specials, that were delicious and a great deal for the size of the portions! We didn't end up going to see the show, but will definitely go on our return visit to the hotel. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick4290

Dear Patrick,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for this wonderful feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time with us.
Your positive feedback is most welcome and I have to say very similar to the large volumes of feedback which I receive consistently from guests of the hotel. I have such a wonderful team of people all of whom are so motivated and enthusiastic when it comes to delivering top class service and product to all guests consistently. You mention Trevor in person and he pass on his sincere gratitude to you.
Thank you again Patrick and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I visited Galway for Trad on the Prom, and stayed in this hotel. Couldn't find any fault with the hotel, clean and modern rooms, beautiful location, friendly staff.
Spoke to a lady called Maureen who worked for Trad on the Prom, lovely lady. The show itself was fantastic, and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Didn't eat in the hotel, but went to the bar before the show. It was busy but I guess that's to be expected, I was served quickly by a gentleman called Trevor who still took the time to talk to us briefly whilst getting our drinks. Enjoyable stay overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you for visiting the Galway Bay Hotel recently. The Trad on the Prom show certainly is a wonderful experience and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all of the cast. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be in a beautiful location with very friendly staff and clean modern bedrooms. Thank you for mentioning Trevor, you have made his day and he passes on a sincere thank you to you. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My overall experience with The Galway Bay Hotel was exceptional. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were so helpful and polite. I must give Barbara a mention, because she welcomed my family and I with such warmth and could not have made us feel more welcome. It makes all the difference having someone with such great manner to deal with and I must thank her again. Also, Orla was great and so helpful. I will be staying in this hotel again, without a doubt, and most defiantly recommend this to everyone. Jo & Sam

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jo and Sam,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am most pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable and memorable time with us.
Your positive feedback is most welcome and also very encouraging, particularly in relation to the very helpful and polite staff. Thank you for mentioning Barbara and Orla. They certainly are two stars here in the Galway Bay Hotel and are real examples of leading by example – they really do make my job so much easier. Thank you again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Everything was lovely and nicely presented.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Nic H’,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed in this beautiful hotel. It's location is idle with a fabulous view out at the bay. Food in the restaurant was lovely and staff were very welcoming and friendly especially Barbara who could not but do enough for us.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear ‘mangles33’,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am most pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable time whilst staying with us recently. I am thrilled to see that you really enjoyed the views of the bay from the hotel along with the lovely food along with the very welcoming and friendly staff. Thank you also for mentioning Barbara in person – she is thrilled and passes on her gratitude to you. Hopefully, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,