“Amazing meal at the Galway Bay Hotel”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Recently stopped in to the hotel bar for food and drinks and could not recommend it more. The bar was very busy at the time but the staff managed this very well. We ordered garlic mushrooms and chowder and they delicious and well presented. I would go as far to say the mushrooms were the best I have had. Our servers Jacinta and Shane were lovely and attentive and no ask was too much. Overall great atmosphere in the bar and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sinead O
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Sinead O,

Thank you for this wonderful review and thank you most sincerely for choosing to dine here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very encouraged to read your review and I have passed this on to all on the team especially to Jacinta & Shane who you personally mention. I am more than thrilled to see that the food you received was amazing and that you really enjoyed our garlic mushrooms. They are very popular with many customers.

Thank you again and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kindest regards,
Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,440)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

When I made reservations for this hotel I was sure it would be a top experience...it was also the most expensive reservation for our Ireland tour...I was very disappointed: small, ugly room...no wifi in the rooms, only access to eirecom in the entrance hall (not very fast and not very stable)...The breakfast "buffet" was also not up to what I expect from a 4 star hotel: the "full english" was cold, the selection of fruits was not very tasty...the hotel is "pretentious" but does not live up to it...we ate at the hotel restaurant and it wasn't very good and rather expensive as well...I suppose you pay because it's on "The Promenade"...we won't go back there...No problems with the staff though: they're all very friendly and helpful...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank harperWaitforit

Dear harperWaitforit,

Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. Needless to say I am terribly disappointed to see that you did not experience the true Galway Bay Hotel experience for which we are renowned for. I am terribly sorry to view that there were aspects of your stay where we did not deliver our normal very high standard and I apologise to you most sincerely. I would also like to assure you that this is definitely not the normal standard of service we strive to offer any guest of the hotel at any time.

We are currently upgrading our Wifi across the hotel and whilst the technicians have been working on it we have had poor coverage, I am very sorry for the inconvienence that this has caused you. Our new system will be up and running shortly.

I would like to assure you that I have addressed the issues you encountered with the Restaurant with the relevant management and staff and collectively we will work together to ensure that we do not have a repeat with any further guests of the hotel.

I would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence with us here in the Galway Bay Hotel and I would also welcome the opportunity to liaise with you in person. Should you wish to do so my direct e-mail address is dmurphy@galwaybayhotlel.com.
Kindest regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent 3 nights over race week at the Galway Bay Hotel. Had a great room overlooking the sea. Staff were great and really helpful. The restaurant has a good menu and Patricia took great care of us during our stay. The food was of a high quality as expected so we were not disappointed. After a day at the races it was lovely to sit and relax in the lounge. The atmosphere was great. We are looking forward to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.Magnificent
2  Thank PAULB90210
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear ‘PAULB90210’,
Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently and thank you also for your super feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time whilst staying with us. Your positive feedback is most welcome and also very encouraging. I am delighted to see that all on the team were great and really helpful. I have a really wonderful team here in the Galway Bay Hotel who genuinely enjoy looking after people. I am also delighted to see that you found the quality of the food throughout the hotel to be at a very high quality and the atmosphere around the hotel very good. Patricia is delighted to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and she passes on her sincere gratitude to you. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Warm regards, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Large hotel situated on the seafront overlooking Galway Bay. The hotel is further away from Galway town centre than we had been led to believe and reckon it is a good 30 minute walk. It appeared to be the sort of hotel that attracted coach parties and families.

We stayed for two nights on a B&B basis with dinner on the first night. We were sufficiently satisfied with dinner to eat in the second night as well rather that find somewhere in Galway. Breakfast was self-service with plenty of variety on offer including a pancake machine. We were happy with the breakfast on offer.

The hotel has a large car park and it is worth noting that, at the far end, there is access to an underground additional parking area. We were warmly welcomed by reception and to our surprise were allocated a sea view room on the first floor. The weather was very warm so we slept with the windows open but were undisturbed by passing traffic or any other noise The room met our requirements and was what one would expect from a 4 star hotel.

We found the staff to be efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: To one side of the hotel (the right if looking from the beach) there is a fairground with the inevit...
3  Thank Raymond S

Dear Raymond,
I am most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time whilst staying here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. Thank you for your valued feedback and thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here when visiting Galway.

I am delighted that you found the staff to be efficient and friendly and that you enjoyed dinner on both nights. Thankfully we consistently receive very positive reviews regarding the food quality throughout the hotel; Executive chef Robert and his team pass on their gratitude to you. I am also delighted to see that you enjoyed our pancakes at breakfast, these are proving very popular with all guests.

Thank you again Raymond and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the hotel On a bank holiday Saturday for bar food and were very impressed. The food was amazing and the service from Trevor Our barman was top class. The hotel was packed but we were made feel that nothing was too much trouble and we left as two very happy customers.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank timzer_8

Dear ‘timzer_8’,

Thank you for this wonderful review and thank you most sincerely for choosing to dine here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am very encouraged to read your review and I have passed this on to all on the team. I am more than thrilled to see that the food you received was amazing and that the service you received was equally as good. You mention Trevor and he certainly is a character!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Myself & my husband recently had lunch at the Galway Bay last Saturday. We were greeted with a warm welcome & happy staff. The bar was busy with people but service was prompt & efficient. The new bar menu was great. On recommendation from Trevor, I ordered the chilli chicken which was delicious & tender. It was a great choice & I thanked Trevor for his help. My husband had the prawn scampi which was equally delicious. We will be back for more, thanks for a lovely meal.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Galwaygirl72

Dear ‘Galwaygirl72’,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review and thank you for choosing to dine here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently. I am most pleased to see that you had such a pleasant experience with us. Your positive feedback regarding the quality of the food you received is most encouraging and this has been passed on to Executive Chef Robert and his brigade. They all pass on their gratitude to you. Trevor is also ‘chuffed’ (as he says himself) to be mentioned in such a positive manner and he also passes on his gratitude to you.

Hopefully we will see you again and until then thank you sincerely.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent one night at this hotel and found it to be somewhat expensive, but good value. Our room was very nicely appointed and spacious. The view out over Galway Bay was a wonderful sight to wake up to. Thee dinner in the pub the previous night was average and the breakfast the following day was good. Above all, the staff in every department, in particular the delightful ladies at reception, who too the time to point out places to see and stay in the region. All in all we highly recommend the Galway Bay Hotel.

Room Tip: The front rooms while more expensive offer stunning views.
2  Thank tomuPhuket_Thailand

Dear ‘tomuPhuket’,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel on your recent trip to Galway. I am most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time whilst staying with us.

Your feedback is most encouraging and I am pleased to see that you found the hotel bedroom nicely appointed and spacious, with a wonderful view to wake up to. I am delighted to see that you found the staff throughout the hotel, particularly at the reception desk to be excellent. Positive Personality is our main Core Value within the hotel and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team whom have bought into this.

I am also delighted to see that you found us very good value and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to us again at some stage in the future.