“Great location”
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 2 boys aged 1,3. We had a great time. The kids club was well ran. The child care workers were lovely. We played in the toddler rm one of the morning which is handy to have in the hotel for young children. It is a great location for walking the prom and for strolling up the town of Salthill. We got the small train into town and out which our 3 yr old loved. The only thing we were disappointed with was the baby pool/ jacuzzi. Not sure which one it was meant to be!

1  Thank anna o
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Anna,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel recently with your family and thank you also for your valued feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time whilst staying with us.
Our Penguin Kids Camp team really are super and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to them. They really are super when it comes to interacting with all children. I am delighted to see that you really enjoyed our location also here on the promenade overlooking the beautiful Clare Hills and famous Galway Bay and I am also delighted to see that you enjoyed the Galway Tourist Train which picks up hotel guests each morning from the hotel and drops off in the center of town – all complimentary for hotel guests. Adults and children alike really enjoy this trip.

I am disappointed to see that you were a little disappointed with our children’s pool. The good news is that our leisure center in its entirety is being refurbished and remodeled over the course of the coming winter months which includes the area you mention and I am really looking forward to the end result.
Thank you again Anna and hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Best regards,
Dan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (3,519)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Was at a christening lunch last week & everything was top class. The food was excellent & the service was great. Special mention to Trevor in the bar & John the manager for looking after us so well. We really had a lovely day there

1  Thank Aoife C

Dear Aoife,

Thank you sincerely for this very positive feedback. I am most pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable time whilst visiting the hotel recently. Your feedback is most encouraging, particularly in relation to the quality of the food you received and the quality of the service. Both John and Trevor are delighted to be mentioned in person and they pass on their gratitude to you. We are all looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I recently attended a family lunch at the hotel. From start to finish everything was superb. Lunch was served in the hotels restaurant & was absolutely delicious. The staff were very helpful & provided my daughter with crayons & colouring pages which kept her entertained throughout our meal. Afterwards we moved to the bar where Trevor the bar manager was very accommodating & went out of his way to get some extra chairs for our large group. From the delicious food to great service, I'll definitely be back again

1  Thank Halfpint2012

Dear ‘Halfpint2012’,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. All on the team are most pleased to see that you had such an enjoyable time whilst attending a family occasion recently. Your feedback regarding the quality of the team and the level of service is most encouraging as is your feedback regarding the quality of the food you received. Trevor in particular passes on his regards.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stay in the Galway Bay every time I am in Galway. Myself and my family stayed there for 4 days in June and had a fabulous time. The weather was brilliant and we could pop across the road to the beach every day. The rooms are lovely and the staff are super friendly and cannot do enough to make your stay special. As it was my birthday I got the special treatment with a personal touch that is rare is hotels today. The food is great especially the yummy breakfasts. I am looking forward to my next stay already. Its a real treat!

Room Tip: There are great sea views in the rooms in the front of the hotel. All the rooms i stayed in were qui...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gill M

Dear Gill,

Thank you very much for this wonderful feedback and thank you also for choosing to stay here in the Galway Bay Hotel each time you visit Galway. I am most pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.
Your positive feedback is most welcome, in particular in relation to our location, the quality of the bedrooms and also the super friendly staff. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the birthday treats left in your bedroom. A special occasion for you is most definitely a very special occasion for us and we really enjoy recognizing it in some small manner.

Thank you again Gill and hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again at some stage in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch last Saturday at the Galway bay hotel with friends for a christening. Although we arrived late the hotel was really accommodating, couldn't fault the service, staff or atmosphere, all we're fantastic, would definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 23paul
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear ‘23paul’,
Thank you for this super feedback. I am most pleased to see that you had a very pleasant time here in the Galway Bay Hotel with your friends last Saturday. It is encouraging to learn that the atmosphere, the team, the service and the hotel in general were all fantastic. I have passed your feedback on to all on the team and all pass on their gratitude to you. Thank you again and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again at some stage in the future. Best regards, Dan Murphy.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Have been to Galway Bay Hotel recently for a family occasion. Beautiful hotel and staff here very helpful. In particular, I dealt with Gerard on the desk who was very friendly and professional. Looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank David K
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear David,
Thank you for this super feedback. I am delighted to see that you had a most pleasant time with us at a family occasion recently. I have passed your feedback to all on the team and all pass on their gratitude to you, particularly Gerard whom you mention in person- he is chuffed to be mentioned in such a positive manner through such a public medium and he passes on his gratitude to you. Thank you again David and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.
Sincerely, Dan Murphy

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I've been going to this hotel for little hols with my kids for few years
Hotel is lovely with very clean staff are amazing doing anything to help out
I attend here with an assistance dog and my kids the staff allways wonderful
Kids club is great and very understanding to special dietary needs and children with special needs one of the best kids clubs

As a coeliac gluten free options are great lovely food for both me and the kids

Stunning views out onto the prom and beach

Great location

Lots to do near by

Thanks looking forward to coming back

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank pixie_baby08

Dear ‘pixie_baby08’,
Thank you for continuing to return to the Galway Bay Hotel over the years and thank you also for your very valued feedback. I am most pleased to see that you always have a very enjoyable time with us.

I am delighted to see that you really enjoy our location and the views from the hotel. I am also most pleased to see that your children really enjoy our Penguin Kids Club – we have a great team of Kids Camp Leaders who really enjoy interacting with and having fun with children – all children really enjoy there time participating in the interactive activities scheduled, be it cup cake and cookie making, educational quiz’s or believe it or not junior Judo!!

Thank you again and all on the team look forward to welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
Warm regards,