“Great stay, Excellent Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galway Bay Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Galway Bay Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Galway
“Great stay, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

Just returned from a weekend break in Galway staying at the Galway Bay. As always the weather in Galway was mixed, a nice day on Friday followed by cloudy with showers on Saturday and then another really nice day on Sunday. We ate in the hotel on Friday night in the Lobster Pot restaurant and had great food with really good and attentive service. We ate at the 6:30 sitting and I'd recommend this for families as you'll need a stroll on the prom afterwards to aid digestion. I had an excellent medium steak. cooked to perfection. while my wife had beautiful, tender lamb and they even did a half portion of lamb for my son.

The location of the hotel is perfect, we spent Friday evening and Sunday at the beach directly opposite the hotel, while on Saturday we were within walking distance of the aquarium and even walked into the city centre. It's a good walk so not for small kids but it's nice if your family likes a good stroll. On Saturday evening there were kids jumping into the ocean from the diving boards just down from the hotel. The water looked freezing but they seemed to be enjoying themselves!!

The final thing to add is the new motorway from Galway to Dublin. It's fantastic. We left Galway at 4:00 on Sunday and were back in Dublin at 6:00.

1 Thank TomRed22
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of the Galway Bay Hotel. Your comments are certainly a replica of the numerous comments I receive on a daily basis. I have mentioned in other trip advisor replies that I am very luck to have such a wonderful team here in the Galway Bay who are so focused on delivering excellent costumer service. I have passed on your comments to all on the team. Like your good self, numerous other guests comment on having to walk the promenade after dinner – It is a lovely walk and it certainly is a lovely way to end a relaxing day. Watching people dive from the diving board across from the hotel is certainly very entertaining, and believe it or not guests spend hours on end watching this – even if it is raining from our sea view lounge or our sea view conservatory. Of course, a most talked about item at the moment is the journey to Galway from Dublin . On arrival to the hotel, numreous guests express surprise at the short time it now takes to get to Galway – just two hours on the new motor way – and that is driving within the speeding limit! I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Galway bay Hotel some time in the future. Should you wish to revisit please do not hesitate to contact me personally as I will be delighted to take care of the detail and hopefully get the opportunity to say hello in person at some stage during your visit.

Kindest regards,
Dan Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

We visited the hotel this month. The reception staff were great but the rooms were disappointing especially as I had paid for a "superior" room with a sea view. The trouble is that the rooms are rather small unless you pay a whole lot more. We were rather unimpressed. The breakfast was just passable. However the beds are fabulous - best ever in any hotel!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review the Galway Bay Hotel following on from your recent visit here. I am really happy to read your comment regarding our hotel beds being ‘the best in any hotel’. Also, your comment regarding the ‘great reception staff’ is appreciated and I have passed this comment onto them. Needless to say, I am always extremely concerned when any guest has any negative comment following on from their visit. I do apologize most sincerely and I my primary aim now is to now try and regain your confidence with the Galway Bay Hotel. Should you consider a repeat visit to Galway in the future please contact me on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would like to take personal care of the arrangements and hopefully get the opportunity to say hello in person at some stage during your visit.
Kindest Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

I recently spent a weekend away in this hotel. Love Galway and especially the Salthill area and this hotel is second to none for location. Enjoyed the wonderful weather in such a lovely comfortable room and overall had a genuinely brilliant weekend away. The staff were really accommodating and we weren't left disappointed with any aspect of our stay. Will definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of the Galway Bay Hotel. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful team here in the Galway Bay and I have passed your comments onto all. I am particularly happy to read your comment regarding your bedroom – we have recently refurbished all of our bedrooms to a very high standard and the feedback I am receiving is excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.
Kindest regards
offaly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2010

stayed here last sep 2009 with a 3 year old and a 6 month old in a family room. the room had pen marks on the wall, restaurant was booked up the 1st night so tried to get room service and was told we could not and only after a talk with the manager we got it and were told us we would be well looked after in the restaurant the next night with a sea view table the next night came did not get the table we looked for and the service was poor, the meal took over 2 hours and with 2 small children its hard to keep them content for that long.we also stayed in the park house hotel in the city centre at christmas also a 4 star hotel faultless service, compare the to and i would be rating the park house a 10 star hotel

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review regarding your visit here in the Galway Bay Hotel. I do appreciate receiving all feedback, both positive and negative as this assists both myself and the team here in the Galway Bay to consistently appraise and, on occasion improve all that we do. Please accept my sincerest of apologies for the unfortunate issue encountered. We do have a stringent bedroom maintenance policy in place whereby any mark on a wall is rectified immediately after check out. My Accommodations Manager and Maintenance Manager meet on this daily and are dismayed to read your comment as obviously on this occasion we failed. We pride ourselves on our costumer service and again we have numerous policies and procedures in place coupled with a comprehensive daily training program to ensure efficiency in all we do. I have addressed your comment with my Restaurant Manager and indeed all of the restaurant team. We have collectively taken the necessary corrective action to ensure that we do not have a reoccurrence with any guest in the future. My ultimate aim here is to regain your confidence with the Galway Bay Hotel. Should you consider a repeat visit to the Galway area in the future please contact me on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would welcome the opportunity to take personal care of the detail and hopefully get the opportunity to say hello at some stage during your visit. Kindest Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed in the Galway Bay Hotel last weekend with my husband and 2 teenage sons. From the moment we arrived, everything was perfect. The Manager greeted us personally, and every single member of staff we came into contact with was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Our interconnecting rooms with sea-views were lovely with luxurious touches, comfortable beds and excellent bathrooms.

We ate well in the hotel - the breakfast was great too, served by excellent staff in a lovely large dining room. We also enjoyed drinks in the atmospheric bar. Our boys made use of the swimming-pool and leisure centre on-site.

The hotel is perfectly located in Salthill, just across the road from the beach and a short drive from Connemara. The great thing about it is that it is now literally only 2 hours from Dublin on the new motorway. We will definitely be back to the Galway Bay, and many thanks to Dan the Manager, his Assistant Manager, Claire on Reception, and all the other staff for making our weekend getaway so memorable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
danmurph, General Manager at Galway Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2010
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your lovely review of the Galway Bay Hotel. Your comments are very similar to the feedback we receive on a daily basis. I am extremely lucky to have such a team who are so focused and passionate on delivering excellent costumer service – they make my job so much easier!! Hopefully, you will get the opportunity to return in the future and please feel free to book through myself at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com as I would love to say hello in person at some stage during your visit.
Kindest Regards,
Leicestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

We had checked in for 1 night but ended up staying 3 thanks to the volcanic 'ash cloud'! Stayed in a lovely bright room overlooking the bay. Beds very comfortable with crisp white linens. Only a little point but one that was important to me - the bed bases don't go down to the floor which means you don't stub your toe every time you go near the bed! Can't tell you how often I've had the opportunity to curse that in other hotels!! The other benefits are you know the housekeeping staff can clean under the beds & also you can slip a case under there to get it out of the way once it's unpacked.
Bathroom of a good quality & the shower was terrific - adjustable & powerful.
Breakfast selection very good & extremely comprehensive. Also if you wanted to have something to eat in the room there were a small table & 2 chairs for comfort.
Although our trip was for leisure with the unavoidable delays to our flight the Business Centre with full free use of Internet & printing facilities was very useful. You can also borrow a keyboard from reception (refundable €10 deposit) to access the Internet on bedroom TV. There is also wired Internet access available in the bedroom & free Wi-Fi in the Reception areas.
Car parking is free & we were there we were able to park just outside the main entrance so very convenient.
Very roomy feel with several clusters of sofas & chairs throughout the impressive reception lounge & adjoining conservatory area where you could sit & ponder.
Just across the road to the Prom, beach & sea which is lovely for a stroll in the evening. Amusing to see all the Power Walkers purposefully strutting along & then 'kicking the wall' before turning back around!
The staff were, without exception, outstandingly friendly, professional & attentive. Everyone - Duty Managers, Receptionists, bar staff, housekeeping - were all unfailingly cheerful & welcoming. You felt they greeted you on each encounter actually caring you were enjoying your stay.
To summarise we would have no hesitation in recommending The Galway Bay Hotel to anyone visiting the area for any reason.

Dear Guest
What a review....your very kind words are greatly appreciated. I am delighted to see that you have received the service which we are renowned for here in the Galway Bay . I get feedback similar to this consistently on a daily basis. I do mention in other trip advisor replies that I am extremely lucky to have such a team here in the Galway Bay who are so focused and indeed so passionate on delivering top level service to all guests – they make my job so much easier. We have a very structured training program here whereby each department head carries out a daily training session in each area. This is managed by our Human resource manager and facilitated by the department head and it is great to see the rewards in comments such as this. You are correct with your comment regarding the promenade, which is just outside the hotel - kicking the wall at the end of the prom is now a tradition and a ‘must do’ for all visitors (nearly as famous as kissing the blarney stone!!). I have informed all of my team of your comment. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Galway Bay in the future and I will be delighted if you made the booking through myself as I would like to take personal care of the detail and hopefully get the opportunity to say hello in person at some stage during your visit. You can contact me on dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com . kindest regards,
sligo ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed in this hotel for the May bank holiday first impression were good the car park was busy but was able to find a space, we checked in and was given our room cards in a few minutes, the rooms we were given was comfortable and not small just the right size for us the beds were so comfortable I had the best sleep ever in a hotel, the hotel is beside the promanade there was lots of people walking and jogging and only a ten minute walk to Salthill town centre, which has a lot of amusement arcades and pubs and plenty of good quality restaurant. The hotel restaurants were excellent and plenty of choice and there is a pub inside the hotel. one of the main reasons we liked this hotel is the quality of the staff from the waiters to the bar staff they were so friendly and polite, there is also a leisure centre and a steam room which I used and found excellent.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated. I am extremely pleased to read your comments regarding the quality of our staff members here in the Galway Bay . I have to say that they make my job so much easier – I am so lucky to have such a team who are so focused and passionate about guest service and guest satisfaction. Also, I am extremely pleased to see your comment regarding the comfort of our beds. We recently invested heavily in all hotel beds. I am delighted to say that the feedback on the comfort of the bed on a daily basis is phenomenal – our numerous repeat visitors have ‘nic named’ the bed the ‘heavenly bed’ such is the comfort. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and do not hesitate to book through myself as I will be only too delighted to take personal care of the detail and hopefully get to opportunity to say hello at some stage during your visit. You can contact me at dmurphy@galwaybayhotel.com.
Kindest regards,