“Terrible place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Historic Galway City Tour Hop-On Hop-Off
Ranked #18 of 133 things to do in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Galway Atlantaquaria, National Aquarium of Ireland seeks to present a comprehensive view of the world of water through clear and interesting displays, informed helpful staff and exciting live presentations and animal interaction sessions.This is achieved through accurately displaying aquatic life in a manner that reflects their natural habitats, providing an enjoyable and educational environment to learn about the diverse marine ecosystem of Ireland.As Ireland's largest aquarium we strive to ensure that a visit to the aquarium is original and full of wonder for visitors of all ages.
Cavan, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Terrible place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

we are so dissapointed with this place, over two weeks ago we have been there with our kids , our younger girl had accident over there , she cot her finger in the toilet door , we had to called the ambulance and she had done operation to safe her little finger in Galway hospital.The place itself is a joke the toilet we went inn is so small that you can hardly move inn , its upstairs and there is a lot of stairs to go up with kids no support for the little once to hold on to , door is heavy and folding opener wasnt working at the moment when we were in so the doors have closed on her little hand , when I got to the reception desk ive asked the girl to ring the ambulance , she was trying to send me to the hospital on my own giving me directions! after while she called the ambulance and while we were waiting all she whanted was our details etc no idea why as noone even rang and asked how did we get on. The facilities over there are joke I have no idea how they handle school tours etc, place itself looks run down and dirty, took us 25 min to see whole place . We will not be back . ever.

4 Thank agnes K

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“School groups”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Professional organised service for secondary school groups as part of the Geography Leaving Certificate Syllabus and K-12. It was like entering an episode of the magic school bus.

Thank you Kevin.

Galway
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great to see all the native species”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

It was great to see all the native Irish fish. Freshwater and saltwater. A recommended place to visit. I also liked the small tropical section.

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
314 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Inreresting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have not been to other aquariums yet so I can't really compare. I guess it's ok and I found it quite interesting.

Visited June 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun Aquarium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

The pools/tanks are set up at kid-level and adults have an overhead view. This makes the entire aquarium accessible to all. And the fish are so friendly.