“Delicious food, great service, creative food”
Review of Kai

Kai
Ranked #13 of 498 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Australian, New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013

3 of us had dinner in Kai last Saturday night and we all agreed that it was absolutely delicious.
We started with Elderflower Bellini's which were lovely and then one of us had the squid, one had the Silver Darlings (pickled herrings) and I had the dressed crab... all 3 were delicious. The presentation was amazing, the food was fresh & tasty, the fusion of flavours worked really well.
Two of us had the curried Monkfish with black bean for main & my friend had the pheasant casserole... we cleared the plates.. the pheasant was fabulous she said, and the flavours on the curried monkfish with the beans was gorgeous. After the first couple of bites, the waitress came to ensure everything was ok which was great. The manager kept close eye on us and the water jug was replaced every time it was emptied. The wine was lovely too
Sadly, we didn't have room for dessert. Will most definitely be back there when I'm in Galway again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This restaurant has great atmosphere and a great selection of seasonal food. Visited here a few times now and each time the food is different and really tasty.

They have a good selection of wine and a great selection of craft beers.

The staff are very helpful and were able to answer any of our questions

I've been a few times now and would go again.
Great place.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We ate recently in Kai and had another lovely meal there. The starter and desserts in particular were outstanding. My husband had the crab starter which was delicious while I had a lovely soup which was out of this world (hard to believe for soup, but trust me it was!!). The steak for main course was pretty good, my husband had venison which was fine. The desserts were fantastic and rounded off the evening nicely. There was a good wine selection and we were happy with our choice.
The only issue I would raise is the speed of service which was just slightly too efficient for our liking. We did feel a little rushed and it took from the evening. However, the staff were extremely friendly and the food was good, so we will be back but will ask for things to be slowed down a little!!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The food is fine, the atmosphere is good but found it a bit small. Try not to go at peak times otherwise you'll be waiting for a while to get a table.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The food was innovative, colourful and tasty....ode for more places like this in Galway....the queue outside the place says it all