“Wonderful experience”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
northern ireland
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We had the most fantastic meal at Kai recently. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. The food was absolutely amazing - I am still dreaming about the home made sea salt ice cream! Can't wait for another opportunity to dine there again.

Gisborne
“Great place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was recently in Galway and went to Kai twice while I was there. The food was great. They have a great selection for all tastes. The bread they make is just the best. The first time I went, I had soup and bread, which was delicious, and the next time, I had the fish, which was amazing! The deserts are 'to die for' I thought the atmosphere, staff and service were great. If I get back to Galway again, I will definitely go back. Very reasonable prices as well.

• Visited June 2014
Galway, Ireland
“class act”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

From the moment of arriving outside I like the whole building ,the decor , the ambiance . It is so relaxed for a city venue , with lovely,friendly staff to make you at home immediately there is non of that artificial haughtiness that some restaurants like to engage in . The menu is always interesting and different it is a well deserved winner of many food awards . Little wonder it is nearly always booked out I think this speaks for itself. Well worth a visit .

Visited July 2014
Galway, Ireland
“My favourite restaurant in Galway”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I love this restaurant. The menu changes but whatever you have, it will be good. They do seafood very well but as I am a vegetarian, I can also say that they cater for veggies. The downstairs is lovely, stone interior with low hanging lights (like tea lights) which is charming. They do have a larger room you can book for bigger groups up stairs (no more than about 10 but it is a nice separate area). Go!

Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The owner of our B&B told us about Kai and it took two days to get a reservation. It was worth the wait. The restaurant is very relaxed, both in it's decoration and the pace of service, something we appreciated. All the dishes we had were flavorful and the portions were generous. I had the Connemara lamb shank which was delicious and included a large portion of well prepared vegetables. If you get to Galway, call immediately for a reservation!

Visited June 2014