“Horrifying. Worst eating experience ever!”
Review of Kettle of Fish - CLOSED

Kettle of Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A few of us eat here on a Saturday night 7th Sept and without doubt we will never eat here again. I ordered a quarter pounder burger. The burger I got was significantly under cooked, with it being particularly bloody in the center. I gave it back to a member of staff and was promptly given another one. The second one was exactly the same. The food was one thing, but they way we were treated by a male member of staff (who I believe was both cook & manager/supervisor on the night) was appalling. He laughed and smirked at our complaint on the food. There were 2 female staff members present (who were very pleasant and trying to talk some common sense into their male colleague) only to be told shut up and get back to cleaning.

Hard to believe people like this exist in a service industry.
He is bad for custom, he must be unbearable for the other staff.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Had the curry chips here after a night out,very tasty and Service was very quick,it's beside the front door pub

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Was in Galway today so stopped in for some dinner

€8.50 for hake and chips? excellent value
it was lovely food with loads of tartar sauce attractively presented as a side. Free tomato ketchup too.
I barely finished it, and for me that is unusual!

I also ate there earlier in the summer and had to try it again.

I couldn't understand why it was so quiet on both occasions, especially as the portion size is much bigger than other nearby fish & chip shops and the owner is actually there behind the counter and will have a chat about types of fish, other tasty options (he offered me squid).

They also tend to have funny opening hours, I tried to get lunch in early August but they were still closed at 2pm in the day!

1  Thank GAA_obsessed
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This little cafe looks onto the square in Gort, on a nice day you can sit outside where they always have fresh flowers on the tables, service is courteous and quick, everything is cooked to order, no fish or burgers left on a serve over. Good Fish and Chips for €8.

Would highly recommend for a fresh experience with good prices.

1  Thank rhysethan
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here (the one in Galway City) with 2 friends for a quick bite after the pub. Have never been before so decided to try it out after some great word of mouth. 3 fish 3 chips 2 bottles of water almost €30 - I don't mind paying if the food is worth it but it was not! The chips were ok, but the fish was awful. The oil must have been filthy as my friends cod was inedible. The batter had chunks of burnt black "stuff" from previous old food in the fryer. My fish was a bit better but very greasy. The waitress did not seem interested. A pretend posh take out that's not worth it.