“Great food for the price”
Review of Kettle of Fish

Kettle of Fish
Ranked #160 of 465 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food for the price”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I had gone with a few friends to this restaurant. I didn't get anything at the time but saw the food looked amazing. I tasted a bite of my friends salmon and new I had to come back. I was so glad I did. I had grilled salmon which came with a salad and chips. The salad was super great. Great greens and the salad dressing was tasty too. The salmon was perfectly grilled. I thought the meal was great for the price and wish I could have it again. The atmosphere is small and quaint.

• Visited October 2013

“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I had fried fish and chips. Husband had grilled fish and chips. It was huge portions but it was great food. The garlic chips were great. It smelled hugely of fish and it made me nauseous. But it was a fish place so it wasnt unexpected. Great place!

Limerick, Ireland
“Horrifying. Worst eating experience ever!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A few of us eat here on a Saturday night 7th Sept and without doubt we will never eat here again. I ordered a quarter pounder burger. The burger I got was significantly under cooked, with it being particularly bloody in the center. I gave it back to a member of staff and was promptly given another one. The second one was exactly the same. The food was one thing, but they way we were treated by a male member of staff (who I believe was both cook & manager/supervisor on the night) was appalling. He laughed and smirked at our complaint on the food. There were 2 female staff members present (who were very pleasant and trying to talk some common sense into their male colleague) only to be told shut up and get back to cleaning.

Hard to believe people like this exist in a service industry.
He is bad for custom, he must be unbearable for the other staff.

dublin
“Good chipper”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Had the curry chips here after a night out,very tasty and Service was very quick,it's beside the front door pub

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Best fish and chips”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Was in Galway today so stopped in for some dinner

€8.50 for hake and chips? excellent value
it was lovely food with loads of tartar sauce attractively presented as a side. Free tomato ketchup too.
I barely finished it, and for me that is unusual!

I also ate there earlier in the summer and had to try it again.

I couldn't understand why it was so quiet on both occasions, especially as the portion size is much bigger than other nearby fish & chip shops and the owner is actually there behind the counter and will have a chat about types of fish, other tasty options (he offered me squid).

They also tend to have funny opening hours, I tried to get lunch in early August but they were still closed at 2pm in the day!

• Visited August 2013