“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Walking into this pub is like walking into The Tardis, lots of lovely different areas to explore and find the best place for you. The food was absolutely delicious, I had the Guinness stew which just melted in the mouth, the best I have ever had and my other half had amazing shepherds pie. as with every other place we visited in Ireland the service was lovely and very friendly.

1  Thank Fiona C
There are newer reviews for The Front Door Sonny's Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We had a staff party here a week ago and 1 by 1,one of your security staff with a huge power trip started to throw ppl out for no reason,he even kicked out one of our friends girlfriend's for apparantly stealing drink when she was actually with me and another friend and it was our drink that she picked up by mistake and no matter what we said to the bar man and bouncer they still kicked her out for apparently stealing drink,this isnt the first time I've been here and the security has had a huge power trip,ye seriously need to take a look at yourselves and I know im not the only person to complain about this

4  Thank Gavin D
FrontDoor, Manager at The Front Door Sonny's Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Gavin,

Thank you for your recent review posted to Tripadvisor. We pride ourselves on providing quality Customer Service at all times and it is with feedback like your's that assist us in improving an area of our customer service that some feel is letting us down.

I am very sorry to hear that you and some of your work colleagues had disappointing experience in the Front Door. I have fully investigated the complaints you have aired and I would like to discuss them with you. I have sent you a message with contact details for me, please contact me at anytime.

Once again, thanks for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Shane McMahon
Manager.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stopped at The Front Door for a late-afternoon appetizer and drinks. We had great service and the staff explained that The Front Door was open late. We returned later that night when most of the rest of the pubs were closed and we're glad we did. Explore the rear of the restaurant late-night to find your favorite spot: cozy booth with acoustic music, energetic club music upstairs, a segregated open smoking area. Something for everyone! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Visited two days running we enjoyed it so much.
The menu offered a very good choice of food which was excellent quality.
Shepherds Pie excellent, as was the chicken coujons and salmon.
Nothing was toouch trouble and the service was excellent.
Their burgers are 100% steak.
Excellent value for money.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We actually ended up eating here twice in two days. Their beef and Guinness stew was very delicious. The wait staff was friendly and speedy. This pub/restaurant was huge but felt small and cozy.

1  Thank treesprite07