“Good meeting place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Galway Bakery Company
Ranked #6 of 6 Bakeries in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Good meeting place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My friends and I decided to stop here for tea/coffee and scones. As we were on a coach party and the owner knew the coach company and courier, we got a small discount. The scones were delicious and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The tables were cleared immediately to allow us to sit together. The only problem is that the toilets are on the top floor, so it is a bit of a climb. They were spotless.

• Visited September 2013

Rochester, New York
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

go the second floor for table service....good food, good servive,,,,not toally irish food...... mix....of stuff....great desearts its a bakery also!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank mike K
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good food and very nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stopped by for an evening meal at the upstairs restaurant after a hard day's touring. It was nice and quiet, the lady who served me was very welcoming and the food was lovely, the garlic bread was a real treat and spaghetti very nice too.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Peter S
Melbourne, Australia
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Tasty vegetarian fajitas, served by lovely friendly staff, in a great location and at a good price. There's a nice ambience in the restaurant too

Visited August 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Rude Waitress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We went here in a group of 13. It was empty besides us which personally suited us better than a busy restaurant. The food was very nice however our waitress was not. Firstly she had forgotten a number of our drinks. I realize this can happen to anyone but the restaurant was so empty, you would think it wouldn't be too difficult. Thankfully she didn't forget any of our food. I left my table to go outside for a cigarette but I was told if I left I wouldn't be allowed come back in unless someone was there to open the door. This was ridiculous, what type of restaurant wont let you back in. The whole time I got the vibe that she wanted us to leave so she could go home. My 14 year old daughter asked for a second soup and was told the chef is not cooking anymore soup. So even though the food was lovely and it came out fast, I felt let down by the service. For that reason i would not go back.

• Visited July 2013