Salthill Caravan Park
US$258
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$171
Hotels.com
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$199
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$169
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$177
Orbitz.com
US$294
US$260
Travelocity
  • Pool
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$151
Travelodge Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$135
  • Restaurant
Maldron Hotel Galway(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$131
Hotels.com
All reviewsgrey waterwashing machine and dryergalway citylaundry areawaste waterpetrol stationbus stop rightquiet at nightstayed nightsgreat facilitiespubs and restaurantsmin walksalthillseancookerpromenadewest
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stay here regularly and love it. Its right on the bay so you are beside the water overlooking the bay. We have a camper and ring ahead to let him know we are coming and he always keeps a good spot for us. The site is kept in excellent condition and every year they make more improvements. They have a good network of electric and water points. Toilets and Showers are cleaned regularly and kept spotless. They have security on site at night which is great peace of mind. Salthill itself is just a stroll away and you can walk by the bay or take the long way round either way its quite near. Galway city is also near and the bus can pick you up at the gate and drop you back there. If your a little fitter you could easily walk it along the coast road. Some great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bcvaughan
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We enjoed our stay and as it wasn't too busy when we arrived got a perfect pitch overlooking the bay. From reading some of the review's I think we were lucky as the guy on reception was really friendly.
The toilet block wasn't cleaned over the two nights that we were there, but the showers were fine (you have to pay though).
The information board needs updating as some of the eating places within walking distance had closed down. We got a Chinese takeaway from up the road, together with a bottle of wine from the garage and sat in our camper over looking the sea :)
The bus into the city goes past the top of the road which is really handy, dog's aren't allowed on though. Had we had a map of the area, or been told then we could of walked the couple of miles along the promenade which takes you to town.
Galway city is beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bili-bo_81
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I had the mid pleasure of calling into this park last Thursday with two of my kids to look around and check the facilities especially the Chemical Toilet as we have come across some Nast excuses in the past.

I reported to reception to ask permission to look around the park, I asked if I could see the chemical Toilet and Mr Nasty let me through the gate and in U went

I parked up in my car and my kids sat in the car as I went over to check the shower block and chemical Toilet.

Crude but clean. I would have been happy to stay there at that stage.

I was taking a picture of the Chemical Toilet as my wife has mobility problems and wanted to see what the facilities were like.

As I turned around Mr Nasty started shouting at me who was I what was I doing why was I taking pictures if his toilet. I tried to explained and he said I don't care get off my land.

I asked him was he interested at all in an explanation considering that I did ask his permission to look around.

He said he did not care, get off my Caravan Park. I asked Mr Nasty was he always this rude to customers and he said yes. And get off my land. I am doing fine without you Look what I have established over the past 30 years. Get out. Then I left.

I will be reporting Mr Nast to Board Failte, and the Disability Action Group.

The park was clean and in a good position but this man could single handedly destroy tourism in Ireland given the opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank edmond s
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here recently for 1 night over the Easter weekend in April. We would have loved to stay longer, but this was not possible!!!
The location was perfect just on the outskirts of Salthill, and to get down to Salthill itself where all the pubs and restaurants etc. are it is just a nice refreshing walk along the prom (bus across the road if you don't fancy the walk). There is a shorter route down a pathway along the coast but unfortunately this was closed at this time of year. The facilities were great, toilets and showers etc all very clean and tidy (a rarity in some campsites!)
There were some beautiful views of the bay where most of the camper-van pitches were located (which I presume are pre-booked if you know the campsite well) The view of the bay on a sunny morning was just fabulous!
We have stayed in many campsites around Ireland & Scotland and I have to say this one was an absolute gem! Especially after a day travelling around KLeenane, Clifden, Roundstone and Kylemore!
We also noticed on the day of our departure that they sell some local produce of scones and apple pies freshly made, very tempting I must say, maybe on our next visit?
The manager was very helpful when we arrived and very welcoming especially when we arrived so late in the evening. The perfact budget break away.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay...we will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Camper vans should try and get a bay view as this is stunning on a sunny morning!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here in a mobile home in July. Location is nice, a good walk to Galway city for the fittest among us. All facilities are adequate and the welcome wouldn't entice you to return, but we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family