“Best Breakfast in Ireland”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Cork
“Best Breakfast in Ireland”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Just back from a weekend break in the Radisson Galway.
The hotel is very near the city centre two mins walk from Eyre Square so no worrying about parking to go shopping.
Our room was really nice, beds really comfortable.
The breakfast is the best I have ever seen, it would set you up for a whole day, we had to try dinner in the restaurant and it was just as good.
The staff are very nice, and so helpful.
Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly and got a good deal. Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with others. Our Super Buffet Breakfast in well known throughout the group so if you ever visit any other Radisson hotels you can be assured of the same array of delights to set you up for the day!

We hope to see you back in Galway very soon.

Jennifer O'Grady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Great Hotel to stay in. Beds were sheer bliss, big and comfortable and the Breakfast
was the best we had throughout Ireland. The Hotel was warm and friendly and I can highly
recommend this Hotel. Great position to the centre of Galway. Yum yum,. would stay here
again.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Dear Guests,

Wow such positive comments, thank you kindly for your lovely review. I am thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us.

I hope you will choose the Radisson Blu the next time you are in Galway.

Sligo
Reviewed 11 October 2011

From the off everything was top class. All our needs were catered for from the minute we walked in the door. We will certainly be back again. For the early birds - the breakfast is magic.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank John0103
Dear Guest,

It is so wonderful to hear such positive comments on your recent stay with us. There is no better comment than "Top Class", so thank you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed here for business in October. The room was very comfortable and clean with the bed especially standing out for its comfort.

I chose not to eat here purely because of the hotels proximity to Galway city centre. A short stroll later, I was in the heat of Eyre square amongst all of its excellent bars and restaurants.

Breakfast the next morning was a buffet style and all seemed excellent. I chose to go with smoked salmon and fresh bread and both were of high quality.

All staff came across as pleasant, attentive and, I felt, genuinely interested in my well being from check in to checkout.

My only reason for not offering a five star rating was the walk I had to my room. Two different lifts and a couple of long corridors were quite a walk with my two cases.

Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your positive comments and for choosing to stay with us here in Galway. We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you back in the hotel very soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed in the Radisson blu apartments in July this year for a week and loved them. They are so spacious and the kids just love them. Every morning we had breakfast in the main hotel which was great, and we had full use of the leisure complex also, which the kids loved. My only problem with the hotel was when we were checking out the price that we had been quoted and sent an email was not the price they were charging us when we were leaving there was over €120 difference when I bought this to the gentleman's attention he just told me that was the price for July, until I produced the email of my confirmation. He then called the manager over to fix the problem. Then when that was sorted out, as I booked back in January I then asked why the VAT that was charged was not lower as the VAT rate for hotels had come down in April by almost 4%. This they did not want to hear about it and when I told them that being in the tourist industry myself that the price should of come down and the adds around the country stated that if the reduction in rate of taxes was not shown in the prices complaints were to be made. This was then sorted out which was about another €45 off the bill. There was no apologise from the Manager or the gentleman who was checking us out about these two errors which, checkout took over 25 mins to do due to the errors compared to the normal 5 minutes. When I wrote to the hotel Manager just to say how annoyed I was at the way I was treated at the desk I did not get any reply so this is why I put it up on trip advisor. This was our only downfall with the hotel which was on our last day.

Room Tip: When travelling with kids the apartments are ideal.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments above. I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us over the summer and were able to relax on your holidays. I must apologise in which the way your trip ended with confusion over the rate on the morning of check out. Once you produced your written proof of your room rate, this should have been taken care of straight away without question. I must clarify that we were one of the first hotels in Galway to introduce the reduction on the VAT rate, and applied this to all bookings from June 2011. Again, this should have been taken into consideration by the Front Office team and I do apologise for the confusion on the day.

I can assure you the General Manager takes every comment and feedback from guests very seriously and I am surprised to hear you did not receive a reply from him regarding your stay, I can only assume that he did not receive your letter. Because of this I am delighted you came to TripAdvisor as we do appreciate you taking the time to write this review, your feedback is very important to us.

I hope all of the family would be happy to visit us again in Galway next summer, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Hatherleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Had a 2 night stay here in September 2011. Room spacious and clean with view over the adjacent lake. Reception and bar areas modern and spacious. Beakfast excellent with black & white pudding! Overall a lovely stay in a nice hotel. One slight grumble was that they added on a parking charge on check out which I had not been told aboout previously. Not expensive but it would have nice to have been told about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view upgrade - we got it for no additional cost. The traffic in Galway is some of th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments and feedback on your recent stay with is. I am very happy to hear you were so impressed with our facilities and enjoyed your time in Galway, apart from the traffic! I do apoloigse on behalf of the Front Office team that you were not informed of the parking charge of €3 per day on check in. I will ensure all of the team are making a point of this on arrival to save any disappointment in future.

I hope the next time you are in Galway you will choose the Radisson Blu.
Cork
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We recently took two weekend breaks at the Radisson and cannot fault the hotel, staff or food on either occasion They also put the rugby on in the bar when asked :-). Centrally located its ideal for weekend visits to Galway. Fantastic breakfasts

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for being a loyal customer. We will make sure the Rugby is on, every time you stay with us!

Your feedback is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Galway very soon.