“Recommend”

Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Recommend”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend here. Despite other tripadvisor reviews we found the staff very friendly. The restaurant was very good and the rooms very comfortable, The location, being a 5-10 min walk from centre makes it quieter and enough away from hussle and bussle (in galway terms!) of city centre.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review and for staying with us on your recent break. Your comments mean a lot to us. We hope to welcome you back to Galway in the very near future.

Jennifer O'Grady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed in the Radisson Blu apartments this summer. We had a fabulous time and will definitely return. The apartments are ideal for two small children very spacious with all modern facilities. With separate bedrooms we were able to put up two travel cots which meant a full nights sleep. There was a microwave which meant we could sterilise bottles. We could also avail of room service and as it was raining a staff member kindly delivered an evening meal. Overall a great stress free trip in very clean comfortable surrounds.

Room Tip: For children the apartments are excellent
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review and for choosing the Radisson Blu for your recent break away. I am delighted you were so impressed with the apartments, they sound ideal for you and your family.

I hope you will visit us in Galway very soon.

Portlaoise
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This hotel ticks all the boxes with regard to facilities etc. but really let itself down with the quality of the service and the food. The breakfast was nothing short of terrible on both mornings. I'm not one to complain about staff but I found the staff here across the board to be particularly poor. Virtually no service at breakfast, no queries as to whether we were ok etc. For a new modern Celtic Tiger hotel it left a poor taste.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marekting Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to read your comments and review on your recent stay with us. As the Radisson group worldwide is known for our Super Buffet Breakfast I am shocked to read that you found the experience so disappointing and I do apologise that this left a bad taste in your mouth.

I can assure you we always aim for guest satisfaction at all times and I am sorry that we let you down. I will speak with the relevant departments and reiterate how important our customers and customer satisfaction is to us.

I hope you will not let this experience deter you from visiting us in future. I know we can do better and provide the quality service we are known for.

County Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel for two nights on business. Took forever to find the hotel as is stuck in the middle of buildings and carparks however the hotel itself was quite nice on the inside, once you get there. The one thing that was immediately obvious was the exceptionally poor reception staff, both I and another guest both commented on the brusque and unfriendly attitude upon check-in and their unhelpful manner. My room was comfortable however, though bathroom left alot to be desired and in need of revamping (grime on tiles, etc). Bed was exceptionally comfortable as were the bed sheets and pillows however this was the only pleasant feature of my stay. Later I went downstairs for some bar food (poor quality) and was not impressed with this either and had no alternative but to walk into the city centre to grab a bite there instead. I have stayed at many 4 or 5 star hotels through the course of my work and I can honestly say that I will not be returning to this hotel again. The Meyrick around the corner or the G hotel I believe are better value for money, a nicer ambience and staff cannot do enough for you to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Get a room away from railway line which is on the righthandside of the hotel. Nicer views too there...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As a mainly corporate hotel I am very saddened to read that one of our corporate clients was let down by us.

I wish to apologise for the way in which you were welcomed to the hotel and the dining experience you had with us. Thank you for your positive comments regarding your hotel room and for taking the time to let us know the areas that need improvement.

I can ensure you we are continually working on staff training and aim for 100% Guest Satisfaction at all times. I hope that you will return to the Radisson in future and let us show you how important your business and custom is to us.

Dublin
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Rooms are very very cosy, just loved that super king size bed - so comfortable. Free WIFI in the rooms (for 24hrs), Flatscreen TV, hairdryer and Tea & Coffee making facilities. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good location as only a few minutes walk from town centre and hotel offers free car parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over Galway bay!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will choose the Radisson Blu for your next visit to Galway.

Warm Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I am writing with concern to a recent stay I had in your Galway Hotel. We arrived to stay in your hotel on Sunday the 30th of Oct.

We were stopping off en route to the airport for our honeymoon. Colm in reception was very polite and helpful and gave us a nice room for the stay, well so we taught! We were just getting settled in the room when we wondered what the noise was. To my surprise we discovered we were located just above the front entrance where other guests were outside smoking and taxis picking people up and the reason it was so noisy was the window lock was broken. Although the windows seemed to allow noise in anyway.

We requested to change rooms and were given a room that wasn’t even a standard of a 2 star hotel, so we requested to be moved again or we would leave. In the end, the reception guy said the hotel was full and there was no rooms but said he had a twin room that could be converted and would take a few minutes.
Two hours after we started we ended up in a room in a location as bad as our first, at this stage we just had an enough a put up with it.

I appreciate it was a busy weekend and there was not much the hotel could do to change or fix our problem but I am a frequent guest to your hotels all over the world as I work for one of the biggest airlines worldwide, my main issue is that for the price you charge the quality of service was by far below standard.

“You are guaranteed the best of all worlds when you stay at the luxurious four star Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway. One of the finest Galway Hotels with scenic Galway Bay views, luxury city center hotel accommodation, excellent food, world class spirit one spa & leisure facilities, superb conference & meeting venue and elegant wedding facilities.”
I took this from your website I really wish it was true!!! Also to have a card in the rooms stating this 100% guarantee with dust on them is not acceptable.

1 Thank alan m
Dear Guest,

I am so disheartened to read your review and can only apologise to you on behalf of the hotel for letting you down on what was meant to be the start of an amazing holiday and honeymoon.

Your loyalty to the Radisson group means a lot to us and I am sorry that on this very special occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very important to us and I can only hope you will visit us again in future to let us show you the real hospitality and guest service that I know we can provide and most importantly, that you deserve.

Warm Regards,
Danville, California
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Within walking distance of the city center. Beds were just right with down pillows. Grand Irish breakfast that is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Galway Bay.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Galwayradissonblu, Sales & Marketing at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Guest,

The title on this review says it all! Thank you very much for your kind words, we are delighted that you chose to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway during your trip.

Thank you.