The Galmont Hotel & Spa
The Western Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$266
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$153
US$241
US$229
US$199
  • Bar/Lounge
Westwood House Hotel(Dangan)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$139
Oranmore Lodge Hotel(Oranmore)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$122
Maldron Hotel Sandy Road Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$211
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$157
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$151
Travelocity
Bunk Boutique Hostel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Breakfast included
2,724 results
All reviewsthe radisson blua business class roomeyre squarelough ataliaoutdoor jacuzzibreakfast buffetthermal suitemodern hotelcity centrestandard roomshop streetleisure facilitiesbar foodgalway baytop classmarinasireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights because we had a gift voucher we needed to use. We were surprised by how close it was to central Galway-- roughly a 15 min. walk to the major shopping and restaurants. The lobby and bar are beautiful and well-appointed; very sleek and stylish, and I enjoyed the glass lifts. On arrival we checked in and found the standard room to be very comfortable-- very modern with an enormous king sized bed (two single beds attached together but we didn't mind that). The pillows were comfortable at first, but wound up being so soft that they compressed down until they were actually too firm, but the bed itself was lovely and we slept well. The TV was nice, but it only had a few channels with average shows-- not that we came to watch TV but it's nice to throw something on for a few minutes before bed. My boyfriend said he had trouble getting the temperature of the shower adjusted at first, but I had no problem after the fact. There was a retractable clothesline which was great for airing out our suits after we went to the spa. The fitness centre and leisure facilities were great-- we really enjoyed taking advantage of the steam room, hot tub and jacuzzi. Perfect for unwinding before dinner, and if we'd had more time I would have loved to take advantage of all the spa treatments on offer. The first night we ate in the ground floor bar and had lovely drinks by the fire. He had the steak sandwich and I ordered the Thai green curry, both of which were lovely. At 10pm a pianist started to play and sing, and it made for a really lovely atmosphere. The cocktails and wine were excellent. Breakfast was only adequate at best. They've really gone for quantity over quality, and on the Sunday morning they were so busy that we had to wait in a long queue to be seated, and it was annoying that a number of tables were empty but were not being cleared for the next guests.

Overall: A few corners have been cut but it is still a very good, comfortable and stylish hotel with friendly staff and plenty of amenities. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the hotel which faces the water, and on the second floor or above so you can see over the flat roof of the extensions below.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rockbriar06
RadissonHotel G, Soc at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you would like to return.

I will bring your points regarding breakfast to the attention of the chef and restaurant manager and can assure you that any short comings will be address and I hope you will see an improvement upon your next visit.

I would also ask that you let us know the type of pillow you prefer upon making your next booking as we would be delighted to offer you a different type of pillow.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Positives: Lovely atmosphere, nice staff, lots of services.

Negatives: Breakfast was just about average, rooms are fine but nothing amazing, a double bed consists of 2 singles pushed together which is ridiculous. I stayed in business class so I would have expected to have movies and parking included but no. Business class means you get a bathrobe and coffee machine! I could have bought bath robes for the price difference!

Overall: it's a pretty expensive hotel but it does not justify the price.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niall h
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer us your constructive feedback.

I am very disappointed to hear that we seemed to let you down on your last visit.

In reply to your points I would like to let you know that movies are included in the upgrade to Business Class and I apologise if this was not explained to you.

I will bring this and each of your valid points to the attention of the relevant departments and we will do our very best to address each of the issues you have raised.

I hope that your recent experience will not deter you from stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed a couple of nights here on a recent work trip.
Hotel just on the edge of town, right around the corner from the bus and train station.
Around a 10 minute walk to the major shopping and restaurant street.
Modern lobby, spacious rooms looking out onto a small inlet.
Wifi is okay and breakfast is good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SquawkerMelbourne

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I hope that you will choose the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway upon your next visit to Galway.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed four nights in November on business. Great location, helpful staff and nice room. Passed my 3 main requirements just fine - clean, quiet and comfortable. Only complaint was slow service in the restaurant, but we've all experienced that one time or another just about anywhere we dine. One note: If you fill out the laundry sheet and put your dirty clothes in the bag, the cleaning staff will not pick it up. You must call the front desk for pickup.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gsanbrook

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will return to the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here for a very enjoyable short break during October. The hotel is in a great location just a short walk from Galway city centre and lots of shops, restaurants, etc.
The restaurant was good value and much better quality than I expected. We also ate in the bar which was equally as good.
Staff were very professional but friendly, and very efficient - absolutely great !
The leisure facilities are excellent - having a quick swim before dinner balances out all the lovey desserts.
We had a great trip and the Radisson went a long way to making it so enjoyable.
We'll stay here when we return to Galway.

Room Tip: The family rooms are 2 interconnecting rooms with huge beds - much better than most hotels 1 room arrangement,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BParle

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this lovely review.

I am delighted that you have decided to make us your first choice in Galway. We are always thrilled to welcome our guests back.

I hope that you will be back to stay very soon.