“Good busines stay”

The Galmont Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Arrived by train Sunday afternoon and had a bit of a queue with all the other train riders, Hotel did a good job of clearing the backlog. Room was satisfactory and had a nice view of water (inlet?). All in all a good room with no issues.

Good WiFi - a must for me. Breakfast was "full Irish" so speaks for itself.

After traipsing around Galway, I opted to eat at the hotel - very delightful dining experience.

Would stay again and have stayed before.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your very kind review.

We are always delighted to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. We are also thrilled that you have chosen to remain a loyal customer of the Radisson Blu,Galway.

We look forward to have you back soon.

Sarah O Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (2,681)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here two nights November 2013. Parking 5 euros/night. Room was very comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly. About a ten minute walk to the city centre with lots of shops, restaurants and pubs. Eyre Square is about 5 minutes from hotel. Walk through the park to Williamsgate St which turns into Shop St as the name implies, lots of shops and pubs! Only had breakfast here, buffet was typical of this type of hotel, plenty of choices with eggs made to order.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us for any future trips to Galway.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The trip was part business part pleasure. The hotel is located about one block from the transport station (great for people traveling from Dublin Airport by bus). It is located a few easy walking blocks from the main shopping/downtown areas of Galway. Room faced the courtyard.

Plus: Quiet rooms
Comfortable bed
Professional and accommodating staff
On-site restaurants and bar/lounge
Proximity to city center and transportation
Newspaper at breakfast (if you get there early)
Outside deck area with water views

Minus:
Room size seemed small but this may be a European standard
Housekeeping was not up to snuff and was inconsistent
Issues with heat (either too much or too little) in the room
Exhaust fan in bathroom did not function at a high level

Room Tip: Water views are nice but the cost somehow doesn't seem worth it - take a walk to see the water a...

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincere thanks for the time you have taken to write this review.

I would like to let you know that we are currently undergoing a large investment which includes upgrading our air conditioning units. I apologise that you had issues in this regard and hope that it did not upset your sty too much.

I will also pass your feedback on to our Housekeeping Manager and make sure all necessary steps re taken to assure this is not an issue in the future.

I hope that the positive aspects of your stay have outweighed the negatives and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We went to Galway for the start of the Christmas Markets in Eyre Square. The Radisson was ideal as it was just around the corner and it had it's own parking underneath the hotel (€5 for hotel guests).

We booked a room on level 5 as the rooms are bigger. The room did not disappoint. There was a big TV, comfortable seating area and a big comfortable bed.

The only down side to our stay was the breakfast the following morning. The hot breakfast was cold and the sausages looked barely cooked. I got a scone instead and it tasted like is was made two days previously. The only thing that was edible was the fruit and the toast. Very disappointing as they charge €17 per person. My husband and I had to get breakfast in a cafe in the town. I mentioned this at checkout and the gentleman at the front desk said he would pass it on to the kitchen staff.

I would stay again but I would go room only and go to one of the many local cafes for a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: Go room only and stay on level 5
Thank ...........

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.

We have received feedback from the front desk regarding the breakfast and have taken steps in the past number of weeks to make improvements. We have changed the type of sausages we are serving and I will again bring all other points to the attention of our Restaurant Manager & Head Chef.

Again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We got a great deal in this hotel and upgraded rooms. My room had was large and very comfortable. Bed was very comfortable and my only complaint was the very soft pillows.
View from my room was fantastic overlooking the water.
Location was handy - easy to get to, close to the city centre, bus and train terminals.
Breakfast was gorgeous - lots of variety, fruit, pastries and hot food.
We had drinks in area beside reception - service was friendly and efficient,
I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the water was beautiful and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please make sure to let us know when you are coming back to us, we would be delighted to arrange a different pillow type for you.

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

First of all, I do not usually stay in high-end hotels. Plans to go on a longer holiday in fell through, so I decided to visit Galway for a weekend and treat myself with a stay in the Radisson Blu. By the time of booking there were only Business Class rooms available and after having a quick look on the hotel’s website, I decided to treat myself not only by staying in the Radisson, but even in a Business Class room. My point is, usually my budget is 50 Euro/night and I am used to expect what I pay for. So when I stay in a 2-3 star hotel, it’s ok to have some minor disturbances.

However, when a 4 star hotel like the Radisson Blu promotes a luxury hotel experience and charges more than 150 Euro per night, I think it’s ok to expect some pretty good value for the money.

The first surprise was the size of the room. It seemed like a standard hotel size room one would get in the Holiday Inn or elsewhere. Judging by the fire evacuation plan there is no difference in size between regular rooms and Business Class rooms. The most prominent difference would be the Nespresso coffee machine in the room and a bathrobe.

When getting comfortable in the room I noticed that cables where hanging out of the TV and that it wasn’t working. After failing to fix it myself, I called reception and 10 minutes later it was all fixed. But this got me thinking and then I started to notice that the room wasn’t really cleaned properly.

- The TV remote was downright disgusting. It was full of dust and grease. I have put it prominently on the desk for the room service next day to see, but it wasn’t cleaned.
- The pages of the little book with information about the hotel were full of dirt fingerprints.
- The box which contained the coffee for the Nespresso machine contained some coins from I guess a previous guest.
- The bathroom tub had mould on the side.

The room itself would have been ok but if a “luxury hotel” fails at the basic room cleaning procedures, that has me worried. Especially if the product sold is in a high-end category, a supposedly business class.

The hotel writes in their info book that “After all, it’s the small things that matter” Yes indeed. But again, cleaning a room properly is a pretty basic service.

When checking out, I was waiting to be asked how my stay was. As this didn’t happen I decided to write this review. Please find pictures attached.

My final verdict is: I regret paying that much money, as I did not receive the expected value for it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Georg454
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review as it is from our customer feedback that we make our improvements.

I am really disappointed to read about your experience with us.

We strive to offer our guests 100% satisfaction and I am sorry that we have let you down so badly.

I have brought each of the points you have raised to the attention of both the General Manager and the relevant department managers and will follow up with each of them to ensure the correct action has been taken.

If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to go through your experience in more detail.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Best regards ,

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I spent two nights midweek here with my sister to enjoy a bit of pampering. The hotel was nice, in good location. The Spa was beautiful, thermal suite was very enjoyable and felt well relaxed after a nice massage. The Marinas restaurant was nice in the evening overlooking Lough Atalia drinking a glass of NZ wine. Only negatives I have were the fee for carparking (not substantial but not necessary),the wifi was not very strong, no bathrobes in the rooms even when going to use the spa and the breakfast was fairly average. Overall though a very comfortable, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at The Galmont Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We take all our guests points on board and will make every effort to improve the service we offer to our guests.

Unfortunately we do not own the car park and the charge of €5 per night is a rate which we have negotiated for our guests.

I hope that this does not put you off returning to the hotel in the future.

Thanks you again for offering your feedback.