“Poor quality for large money”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
“Poor quality for large money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Hope you'll never stay in this hotel:
1. The elevator in hall vas broken for 3 days and huge james was in the hall
3. You could enjou great view of oil storage base in your window
2. Air cooling system didnt work and average daily temperature was 18 'C. Hotel inteneer said that he can do nothing and brought an extra radiator
3. Very long queues for breakfast. Really long. We stayd about 30 minutes.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank JJJameson
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for bringing your feelings to our attention. We are always happy to receive feedback, be it constructive or positive. I am however disappointed to read that your stay with us was disappointing.

I would like to let you know that our lift has now been fully repaired and is back in working order, I do apologise for the inconvenienced you experienced during your stay.

I would also like to offer my regret for the long delays at breakfast. I will speak to our Restaurant Manager and find a way to alleviate this problem.

Again, I do apologise for the issues you had during your stay and I can assure you that each of the issues will be addressed immediately.

Sarah O Mahony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Roscommon, Roscommon, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here on a saturday night with my husband,was not worth the price we paid,found hotel quite grubby,carpets could do with a good hoover,used trays along the corridors with unfinished food,bar very small with limited seating,could do with providing drinking water in rooms,unfortunately wont be staying here again.

2 Thank Liz R
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer us your thoughts on your recent stay.

I am so disappointed to read that you did not experience the high level of service and product which we pride ourselves on here at this property.

We will be sure to take each of your points on board and do everything we can to ensure the issues raised are addressed.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Lahore, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed for a night. Excellent room. However facing the entrance which was very noisy around midnight due to drunks leaving post Xmas parties etc. Rooms were very clean and bed large and comfortable. Breakfast was as per usual. Staff - friendly.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Dr.IqbalKhan
Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my thanks for you taking the time to write this review of our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please make sure to contact us directly before your next visit and we will be sure to allocate a room that in the quietest area of the hotel.

Many thanks & best regards,

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Was expecting a lot more than what we got. Bathroom in out room was more like a bathroom you would see in a hostel rather than "luxury 4 star Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Galway". Timber around the doors was actually rotten and just was not what you would expect. Average room. It is a very good location but other than that it did not have a lot to offer.

1 Thank T H
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for taking the time to write this review and to offer your feedback to us.

I am very disappointed to read that you did not have the experience you expected on your recent stay.

I will bring your points to the attention of our management team.

I hope that this issue will not deter you from using the hotel in the future.

Many thanks for taking the time to offer us your feedback.

Best regards,

antrim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here at the end of December for a weekend spa break courtesy of Axa Leisure.
From the moment we arrived, it felt like the hotel was all about making your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough for you. As soon as we had finished our room service meal, one quick call to the one-touch service and our tray was lifted within 5 minutes. The spa was heavenly and the treatments absolutely fantastic, the spa therapists are very skilled and know what they're doing. The food was delicious, room service on the Friday evening and a 3 course meal in the restaurant on Saturday night. The breakfast was just so nice - I've never seen such a huge selection at a breakfast buffet.
As regards the room, we had a bit of a view of the bay, although more of a view of the roof, and it couldn't have been cleaner and better equipped for our requirements.
The hotel is right beside the railway station and about 5 minutes walk from the main square and city centre. We spent a little time there but not nearly enough. If you want a drink in the hotel, there is a pianist on weekend nights in the Atrium bar and a big roaring fire to keep you cosy.
On our last day we discovered a light had been left on the in the car and the battery was completely flat. Thanks to the lovely car park attendant, we were on our way within the hour.
My only complaint was that we didn't take a long weekend break, as we were not ready to leave on Sunday - another few days would have been amazing.
Can't recommend this hotel enough, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: A room with a good clear view across the bay would be lovely.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning to us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We usually stay here when in Galway. Staff are very friendly and helpful although on this occasion it was faster to call the hotel landline from our mobile to get through to reception than direct dialling from our room! Are new customer enquiries more important than customers staying in the hotel?We were trying to get through to the spa (which is also worth a visit) The breakfast in the morning has to be a high point as the quality of the food is very good and the staff are very helpful. The location is excellent and is well within walking distance of Eyre Square. Only issue we would have is that the hotel is beginning to get slightly tarnished in places and perhaps they should consider a staggered revamp. We will be back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Executive at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review.

I am happy to let you know that all of our public areas are scheduled for a revamp in early 2014. I hope that upon your return you will be impressed with the improvements that we have made.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Best wishes,

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife visited the hotel to celebrate our first anniversary. We enjoyed a spa and hot tub experience and the Spa staff were excellent. Unfortunately, that's where the service ended for us. We booked dinner in the restaurant and arrived to be greeted by nobody. We stood at the service desk for about 5 minutes before anyone came to seat us, despite a number of waiting staff seeing us standing there. The restaurant was about 1/3 full so the delay was strange. My wife ordered fillet steak. A sirloin arrived out and when she queried with the waitress it was confirmed that it was indeed Sirloin. Rather than return it and wait another 15-20 mins, with me already having my meal, she opted to keep the sirloin. The meat was tough, fatty and flavourless, much to her disappointment. It was certainly not restaurant standard. She advised the waitress of this when collecting the plate and she said she would pass it on to the chef. Nobody came near us to discuss it after that, which was disappointing. More so was paying €30 for a cut of meat that was only half eaten, and not at all enjoyed. When the chef saw the plate they should have known it didn't go down well given the amount of meat returned. We left the restaurant and went out to the bar. The service there was lethargic and the bar lacked atmosphere. One French waiter did his best to lift people's spirits, but otherwise the bar was forgettable. All in all, whilst we liked the hotel, the staff did not appear to be engaged nor interested in the main - maybe something for Management to consider? The restaurant was a major let down, heightened by the fact that it was our anniversary meal. A return is not likely.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Shers2
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.

I am so disappointed to read that you did not have the experience that you deserved and expected on your stay.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor level of service which was offered to you , especially on this important occasion for you and your wife.

I have spoken to the restaurant manager and we would both like the opportunity to hear about your experience in more detail. I would really appreciate if you would contact me directly so that we can take this matter further.

I would like to assure you that this is not the standard that we strive for and I will be following up with each of the relevant departments.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks and best wishes,

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com