“High standards and a great location”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had a very comfortable one night stay in this hotel and got great value for money at 83 Euro B&B for one person in a double room. My room was spacious, clean, quiet and nicely furnished.
Staff were very welcoming and professional. The parking was great and everything worked fine (no lift problems). Breakfast was very good with lots of choice. I ate in town that night but had an amazing dessert back in the hotel, chocolate and orange bread and butter pudding. A treat!
I would certainly stay here again, but only if the price is right as there other great options also in Galway city centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PlanetWaves20
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to read that you were so pleased with you stay and I hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Galway.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Positive great city centre location and well that's it based on our weekends stay.
Custom Service front desk was very poor, no welcome to the Radisson or when checking out no thank you for staying, no explanation of services or facilities. The car park was charged on a hour rate or €5 for an over night stay. So if you use your car during the day you have to pay the hourly rate. The queues for the lift was also an experience due to the other being broke. The empty buckets and numerous caution signs in the lobby were fun to tip toe around heading the restaurant.
Spa treatment was very poor. The spa, as an area was cold, our reception into and out of the spa was non-existing even though their was approx. 8 employees chatting behind the counter, the floor was dirty, we had to request the bathrobes, than request lock keys, no water or tea etc. What was meant to be a nice experience for us turned out to be a bit of a disaster. The whole experience was very disappointing.
Before writing this review my wife emailed the hotel directly with her views which were outlined in greater detailed than above so hopefully our issue could be addressed so the next costumer would not share our experience. To date this email has not received a reply.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciarán G

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for offering your detailed feedback through email.

I believe our General Manager has been in contact in response to your email. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that you did not have the experience you expected upon your recent stay with us.

I hope that you will accept our apology and will consider taking us up on our offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or indeed any of our management team should you require any assistance in the future.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just back from a weekend break with my partner. I must say I had mixed feelings about this hotels reviews so wasn't sure what to expect. We arrived at the hotel early and we're welcome by friendly receptionist Charlene. She gave us a map of the city recommending places to eat and drink. The rooms were modern with an amazing bed. Breakfast is well worth the value. Plenty to choose from. We booked into the thermal suite on sat morning which was another wonderful experience. As per previous reviews the only negative comment on the hotel is the lift. For a large volume of guests one lift in operation is not functional especially at check out time. Overall an amazing experience and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014
RadissonHotel G, Socail Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for writing such a lovely review of our hotel.

It is great to get such fantastic feedback.

I would like to let you know that our lift has been repaired since your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed last night 7th feb
Great room comfortable bed , daire on the front desk was so nice made us feel very welcome
We rang the desk asking for a text at 7pm it was there when we got to the lobby
But the staff in the morning for breakfast were brilliant the man running the breakfast was funny charming and very easy to talk to

Wonderful, picture perfect can't wait to return

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for this lovely review.

We always love to get such positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you want bad service, terrible food, and waste your money this is this the hotel for you, the hotel itself is fine, it's the people in that are in it that's bad. We went to this hotel yesterday for a night stay, dinner, breakfast and spa treatment with friends and it was a disaster! The dinner was a 45 min wait with only one waiter for the whole restaurant all the other guest were complaining about the wait got no anwser back, when we finally got our good it was awful steak was burnt that was ment to be medium rare, the rest of the food was tasteless, the restraint itself had no music or atmosphere, the staff not friendly didn't speak and the ones that did barley spoke English, and then breakfast the next morning was also terrible rude waiters and staff again. The only nice person was the girl on reception was we were complaining when we checked out! And also it was €18 for parking unless you get your ticket validated at reception which they don't tell you unless you ask then it's €5, so overall a bad experience and a waste on €157 a night! Please don't waste your hard earned money on this place

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Bazlovesbecks

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to say that we really appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback.

I am so disappointed to read that you did not have the experience you expected and would like to apologise for letting you down on this occasion.

I would like the opportunity to hear more about your stay with us as we would like to take every possible step to improve the service we offer to our guests.

With this in mind, I would really appreciate if you would take the time ot contact me directly so we can discuss your experience in more detail.

I hope you hear form you soon,

Best wishes and kind regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

So when I chose this place I was looking to stay in a real nice hotel. I did not mind the cost, focused on nice hotel and nicer room. So I got 1 bedroom suite, which should be better than normal rooms of course. It turned out to be almost disaster. It was spacious, that's about the only good point about the room. It looked sad, worn out, no charm at all. It was cold too. Bathroom was good though, and view is nice. Location is central which is nice.

I suspect their executive rooms aren't refurbished and normal grade rooms are. So the room I stayed probably is pending refurbish. That's only explanation I can possibly think of for disastrous lack of niceness, especially for a nicer grade room. I have not stayed in lower grade room, so I don't know how they are like, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to upgrade their room unless it's free. I was so disappointed that eventually changed the hotel - pillo hotel. Which was 1/3 of the price. And honestly, their normal grade room was more satisfying that this radisson's one bed room suite. Enough said.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyChoi

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to offering your feedback on our hotel.

I am really disappointed to read that you were not impressed with our suites. We are currently under going an extensive refurbishment and it is possible that were that you stayed in a room that had not yet been completed.

I would like to offer my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your time in Galway.

I understand that you choose to leave the hotel and would really like to hear more about your experience.

I would really appreciate if you contact me directly to discuss your recent visit in more detail.

sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband's work takes him to Galway several times a year and he always stays at The Radisson Blu. When I am fortunate enough to accompany him I find myself really looking forward to our stay. The desk staff has that European uppity attitude, but service is good and the rest of the staff are helpful. The rooms are so clean and comfortable and the views are amazing. The breakfast is very good - not as good as it used to be, but certainly one of the best in Galway. Location is perfect, with Eyre Square just a very short walk away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you have chosen our hotel as your favourite in Galway.

We are always so happy hear that our guests are returning year after year.

We look forward welcoming you back upon your next visit to Galway.