“St. Patricks Day in Galway”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Belfast, United Kingdom
“St. Patricks Day in Galway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

It's been about 2 years from I last stayed at the Radisson Blu in Galway. I travelled with 2 other friends to go for St. Patricks Day and I'm so glad we stayed at the Radission again. It truely is as good as I remember it being.
Perfect location, so close to town and everything you need.
Lisa-Marie, Dave and especially Patrick at Front Office were amazing. Always cheerfull and happy to help with silly questions about where to go out and "How do I log on to the wifi?"
Breakfast was fantastic - we were there for 3 days and each day it certainly helped to start us off.
The room was great, there were 3 of us and in some places that could be a little cramped, but in the Radisson, it was great, plenty of room for us to move around.
We made great use of the pool, hot tub and jacuzzi, after a long St. Patricks Day on Monday, this certainly helped us find the energy to go and explore on Tuesday.

Thanks for having us back to stay again Radisson Blu. Already looking forward to my next trip.
Keep doing what you're doing!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review of our hotel. It is always fantastic to read that our guests have enjoyed their experience with us. It is even better to read that you are looking forward to your net visit.

I will pass your kind words to our entire team but especially to Patrick , Dave and Lisa Marie. They will be so happy that they helped to make your stay so memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Many thanks & best wishes,

Sarah O Mahony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We found the hotel to be good quality without being particularly special. Thankfully, the room was bright and had a view towards the lough. It was also quiet at night so we slept very well.

The layout of the bar and restaurant were a bit disappointing and we didn't think they had much atmosphere; maybe this was due to the time of year (the end of January!).

Staff members were all as professional and courteous as you would expect.

If you're looking for a conveniently situated hotel in the centre of Galway, this Radisson fits the bill very nicely, and I'm sure we'll stay here again if heading to Galway in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fmpBelfast
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to read that you felt our bar lacked atmosphere. I would like to let you know that this area of the hotel will be receiving a renovation before the end of this year.
I hope that this will help to add the atmosphere you missed on the evening in question.

I am glad that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and hope that you will consider returning to the hotel on any future visits to Galway.

Many thanks,

Sarah
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel overlooks the Galway bay I got some great pictures from their outdoor patio of a double rainbow….only in Ireland. Beautiful sunrise and sunset pictures as well. It is within easy walking distance of all shopping restaurants and night life. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can see Galway Bay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to say thank you for very kind review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Many thanks and best wishes,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here recently for one night, hotel is excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, facilities very good, bed massive and very comfortable(which is a key point for me).
The only drawback was the breakfast the next morning, this is given in a lovely room however the standard of food lets this otherwise excellent hotel down massively.
I had breakfast at 8am so would expect the food to be at least still hot..it wasnt..scrambled egg cold, sausages were tasteless and cold, had to go continental just to get some food in me..and I hate continental, really wanted a hearty breakfast.
This seems to be a recurring theme in quite a few Irish hotels, they must get the food ready at 5am or so, when will they realise that Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, especially for the likes of me who mightnt get another meal or a chance to eat until later in the day.
This turned what would have been an excellent stay into an ok stay
Having said that, they have got everything else right so it should be a simple matter to raise the standards of the breakfast offering to really keep their customers happy.
Location is very good, easy to find and central to everything in Galway and beyond.
Decor modern and tasteful, parking facilities ample, so overall a very good rating, just sort out the Breakfast please.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review of our hotel.

Both your positive and constructive feedback is extremely important to us.

I will certainly pass your feedback onto our Head Chef regarding our buffet breakfast.

I am glad that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Best wishes,

Clane, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

myself and my friend stayed for 2 nights would have to say we could not find fault with any area of d hotel staff were lovely food was excellent shopping was great looking forward to going back in d summer

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks you so much for this lovely review.

We will also look forward to your return visit and hope you enjoy this next visit as much as the last.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Castlebar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Have stayed in Radisson hotels before and Galway did not dissapopint..Excellent hotel in prime location central to city centre short distance from docks area and convienent to Salthill..spacious bright with excellent views from several areas accentuated by mirrored glass..friendly helpful and professional staff throughout..excellent breakfast varied selection of good quality food also had excellent dinner in restaurant in the evening..lovely spa and swimming pool..rooms spacious and well-serviced.Would rate this hotel very highly from this stay and feel its the normal standard as it appears to function so easily at this level of quality.Will definately be back and will highly recommend..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review of our hotel.

We really appreciate the kind words and hope that we will see you back at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

Many thanks ,

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I booked here for a weekend stay with my husband recently & I was so looking forward to it but from the moment we arrived things were not right in this hotel. Firstly we were parked in -2 and after waiting 25mins for the lift we decided to walk the 2 car ramps with our arms full of hangers & luggage. We then proceeded to check in which was quick & efficient. After the journey from Wicklow we wanted some food so we went to the bar on the ground floor where we were greeted by one staff member verbally abusing another in full view of everyone over a mistaken order. Ourselves & 2 other couples glanced at each other and we all left to go elsewhere. Another small thing which really annoyed me is the rooms have no bottled water which is pretty standard for a 4 star hotel and nothing in the mini bar. We ordered room service the 2nd night and as the waiter delivered the food he demanded cash while we wanted to add it to our account. I was not asked at check in for a credit card authorisation and we barely found the right cash in our pockets. Overall a very disappointing stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pstylist
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention.

I will bring each of them to the attention of the relevant manager and ensure that timely action is taken to address each.

I would like to apologise for the incident that you experience in the bar , I agree that this is unacceptable behaviour and can assure you that this is not something that we condone.

I hope that you can accept my sincere apologise and my guarantee that your feedback will be taken very seriously by our management.

Again many thanks for offering this review,

Best wishes,