“Staff, breakfast”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in the Radisson Blu for one night the Thursday before Easter for an event. The hotel is very convenient for the train station - a 3 min walk. It was my second time to stay and I wanted my daughter to experience the hotel. The windows open and there is also air conditioning. The quilts and pillows are amazing. Staff are super friendly. The buffet breakfast is one of the very best ever and great value if you book the room in advance (we paid €95 B and B though signs said breakfast was €17 pp) - fabulous choice and quality. The breakfast room was very busy but they coped with the crowds well and didn't run out of anything. On the morning of Good Friday, people were arriving down late but were dealt with professionally, politely and calmly. I personally would have enjoyed having half an hour more in bed if the breakfast had finished at 11 like at the weekend. 10.30 was too early. The pool was great with sauna and steam room and outdoor hot tub. The pictures of the hot tub though give the impression that it has uninterrupted views of the sea- not the case. We were outside in our togs with views of lads delivering things and cars going into the underground car park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and had time to experience our leisure facilities.

I will pass your feedback on to our Restaurant Manager regarding the hours for Breakfast on Good Friday and we will look into extending this for next year.

Again many thanks for your feedback.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sarah O Mahony

Write a ReviewReviews (2,637)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here over Easter weekend with my husband and 10 month old son. Really enjoyed our stay from beginning to end. Great location, only a short walk into city centre. Parking only 5 euro per night!
Check in was friendly and prompt, we were upgraded to a suite which was really luxurious. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. Asked for a travel cot which was delivered to the room within 10 minutes and assembled by a friendly staff member. Breakfast was lovely and they had a great selection.
Pool was great too - clean and spacious.
Really enjoyed our stay, would definitely stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway.

It give me great pleasure to read that you had such a lovely stay with us and I am thrilled that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent hotel, 3 min walk from centre of galway. Lovely terrace looking over the bay. Good cocktails. Room well equipped and same view. Breakfast also excellent standard. All staff very helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this lovely review.

I delighted that you enjoyed your stay and plan on returning to the hotel in the future.

It is so nice to get such good feedback.

Again many thanks,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent location - just a few minutes walk from the centre but slightly away from the hussle and bussle of the town. The room was of a high standard, comfortable and very clean. The gym facilities were also good. Can highly recommend the RAW japanese restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel and for recommending our sushi restaurant - Raw - Sushi in the Sky. I will pass your compliments on to our chefs and restaurant manager.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and hope that you will choose to return very soon.

Again thank you for taking the time to offer this very positive feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was fab and we were already upgraded before we even arrived. The executive suite was just amazing and a lovely surprise !! The room was huge with a fab balcony and massive bath and shower. The cocktails in the bar are very tasty !!
Staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much for them. Short walk from the town - around 5 mins if you go through the bus station ( nice short cut ! ) breakfast was lovely , didn't eat in the evening but the food did look incredible. Will definitely be staying here again!
Didn't have chance to go to the spa but heard it's lovely.
Thank you Radisson Blu for a fab Easter stay !! X
Mr and Mrs Lynn x

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

You are very welcome. It was our absolute pleasure to have you both.

I will pass your very kind words onto our entire team and we will all look forward to your return visit. I hope that you will have time to try our Restaurants and spirit one spa during your next stay.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It is very much appreciated.

I hope that we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently booked a 2 day stay over the Easter weekend with my girlfriend and was so impressed with the hospitality we received...the staff were so friendly and from when we 1st checked in we were upgraded 2 a Business Class room and within five minutes in our new room we were presented with a lovely Easter Egg as complements from the hotel and then more gifts later that day and exact same the next day and we even got a late 1 hour checkout as complementary aswell..it was our 1st time 2 stay in your Hotel and we will definitely be booking in there again next time were in Galway

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review of our hotel.

I am really happy to read that you had such a lovely weekend with us and I hope you will continue to choose the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa for every trip to Galway. It is always great welcome our loyal guests back to the hotel.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for three Nights In one of their flats as a family of four
The hotel is run down, there is no service
Even if you ask for it!!!!! No service
The pool area is dirty and not connected so you have to go outside to get into the gym or the pool area
Breakfast ok dinner not nice!!!
We did not feel comfortable
At all
Next time we will choose something else

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback.

I am so sorry to read that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. I do apologise that you did not feel you received the high level of service that you should expect. I would like to assure you that this is not the standard that we set for our guests and I would like to hear in more detail about your experience.

We are always trying to improve our product and take all the feedback we receive on board with the highest importance.

I would really appreciate if you would contact me directly to tell me about your stay as I would like to follow up on each of the issue you have mentioned with the relevant departments.
My direct email is sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

I hope that I will hear from you soon.