“Excellent Stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Galway
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent location - just a few minutes walk from the centre but slightly away from the hussle and bussle of the town. The room was of a high standard, comfortable and very clean. The gym facilities were also good. Can highly recommend the RAW japanese restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel and for recommending our sushi restaurant - Raw - Sushi in the Sky. I will pass your compliments on to our chefs and restaurant manager.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and hope that you will choose to return very soon.

Again thank you for taking the time to offer this very positive feedback.

Sarah O Mahony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was fab and we were already upgraded before we even arrived. The executive suite was just amazing and a lovely surprise !! The room was huge with a fab balcony and massive bath and shower. The cocktails in the bar are very tasty !!
Staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much for them. Short walk from the town - around 5 mins if you go through the bus station ( nice short cut ! ) breakfast was lovely , didn't eat in the evening but the food did look incredible. Will definitely be staying here again!
Didn't have chance to go to the spa but heard it's lovely.
Thank you Radisson Blu for a fab Easter stay !! X
Mr and Mrs Lynn x

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

You are very welcome. It was our absolute pleasure to have you both.

I will pass your very kind words onto our entire team and we will all look forward to your return visit. I hope that you will have time to try our Restaurants and spirit one spa during your next stay.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It is very much appreciated.

I hope that we will see you again very soon.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently booked a 2 day stay over the Easter weekend with my girlfriend and was so impressed with the hospitality we received...the staff were so friendly and from when we 1st checked in we were upgraded 2 a Business Class room and within five minutes in our new room we were presented with a lovely Easter Egg as complements from the hotel and then more gifts later that day and exact same the next day and we even got a late 1 hour checkout as complementary aswell..it was our 1st time 2 stay in your Hotel and we will definitely be booking in there again next time were in Galway

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review of our hotel.

I am really happy to read that you had such a lovely weekend with us and I hope you will continue to choose the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa for every trip to Galway. It is always great welcome our loyal guests back to the hotel.

We will look forward to your next visit.

Charlottenlund, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for three Nights In one of their flats as a family of four
The hotel is run down, there is no service
Even if you ask for it!!!!! No service
The pool area is dirty and not connected so you have to go outside to get into the gym or the pool area
Breakfast ok dinner not nice!!!
We did not feel comfortable
At all
Next time we will choose something else

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback.

I am so sorry to read that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. I do apologise that you did not feel you received the high level of service that you should expect. I would like to assure you that this is not the standard that we set for our guests and I would like to hear in more detail about your experience.

We are always trying to improve our product and take all the feedback we receive on board with the highest importance.

I would really appreciate if you would contact me directly to tell me about your stay as I would like to follow up on each of the issue you have mentioned with the relevant departments.
My direct email is sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

I hope that I will hear from you soon.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed 1 night and 2 days for work. Lovely staff, very attentive and excellent service with a nice warm personal touch. Bent over backwards to do their best.
Nice hotel, with views of the Aran Islands if you can see past the industrial tanks in the docks. Overlooks Lough Atalia.

Easy enough to find too. Just follow directions for Galway East and the Docks and you will find it. If you arrive by train it is even easier. A lot of rail travellers use the car parks here and walk to the station.

Room was clean and comfortable. You can open a window, which I love as I can't abide aircon. My room had an inward view of the hotel itself. If you are looking for scenery specify a room overlooking Lough Atalia.

Good high speed internet. Nice food. Found no specific faults.
It is a Radisson Blu, so a little clinical in feel. A good business hotel made better by the friendliness of the staff.

I didn't realise there was a pool and spa or I would have brought swimming togs :(

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Lough
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Corrdinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return very soon.

Please feel free to contact me directly upon your next visit and I will do my very best to allocate a sea view room.

My direct email is sarah.omahony@radissonblu.com

I hope that I will hear form you in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just spent a few days in the Radisson for a conference - Albeit work it was a fantastic experience . I arrived a little early to use the pool / Thermal suites are as I had never used these before . It was a sea of tranquility to switch off in the suites and then up to the hottub looking over Lough Atalia- it was a calm evening so made it even more enjoyable being outside.
My Room was facing Lough Atalia which has spectacular views but do remember it does look onto a busy road - you will only notice this if you are not used to road traffic but living in Dublin it did not bother me as I didn't hear one siren during my stay!
The breakfast buffet is amazing and is lacking nothing everything is laid out for you - so much to pick and choose and as with everything there is a window of a rush hour as such if during the week as this is a business hotel breakfast can be busy but worth it.
I think i had sampled all catering options before leaving from Breakfast to canapes , buffet lunch, room service, bar food , soup and sandwiches in the bar and on every occasion we were not disappointed. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and nothing is a problem for them !
The location is so handy next door to the bus station, across the road form the Train station and a 5 min walk to any other amenities that may be needed . I look forward to returning there for a weekend for pleasure and not business !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be back very soon for your leisure break very soon.

We will look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend haven't had much time together lately, so as a surprise he brought me to Galway for 2 nights and we stayed in the radisson. The whole experience helped make our break fantastic. The hotel is in a great location just a short walk to everything. Our room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it.
I got a treatment at the spirit one spa and used the thermal suite. It was the most relaxing experience I've had in a while.
The breakfast buffet... Wow! Such a variety of fresh food to choose from, really set us up for the day. We had a great stay and can't recommend it highly enough.
My one and only tiny Criticism would be the steam room in the pool area, bit of a funky smell in it and there's rust running down the wall.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonHotel G, Social Media Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

A huge thank you for writing this lovely review.

I am so happy that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your break away together. I hope that you will have the chance to come back and visit us again soon.

Regarding the sauna in the leisure centre , we will be completing a full renovation of this facility in the coming months.

Again many thanks for taking the time to review our property.

Sarah